LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Go Spurs!

I can't believe I just typed that. :D

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So wrong about the Spurs not able to beat the Heat...i hope they win.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
When is Chris Bosh going to learn that he isn't a three-point shooter? There's a reason that on his last shot in the 4th, there were four spurs underneath the basket for the rebound. Too easy.

For Game 2 - LeBron needs to be more aggressive and take it inside. Thought he was a little too passive with the ball. Could have easily gotten Duncan out of the game with his foul troubles early on. He'll become more aggressive in Game 2.

Also, Spoelstra needs to figure out his defensive switches. The Heat's perimeter defense was deplorable. Spurs had many wide open threes that went in and out. That and Bosh got matched up with Tony Parker one too many times.

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How amazing would it be if the Heat got swept. Didnt Lebron get swept the last time he faced the Spurs in the finals with the Cavs?
Ugh..remembering that season is painful.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tony Parker is the only player on either team that I like, so I'm glad I watched the game, even though I told myself I wouldn't.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
That game reminded me of the good old days. A Pop team scheming out stops and open shots while all the opposing coach could muster up is rolling the ball out to his best player and hoping for the best.

TJ

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that a bunch of Suns fans are going way out of their way to root for...wait for it....the Spurs! I wonder if you all hit your head on the way to your computers and suffered amnesia.

If I may, let me refresh your memory and remind you why rooting for the Spurs is beyond preposterous:

F*** the Spurs

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ancient history. The Heat are one of the most unlikable teams in the history of the NBA. Only the Lakers are worse IMO.

TJ

Reaction score
Ancient history. The Heat are one of the most unlikable teams in the history of the NBA. Only the Lakers are worse IMO.

Yet the Heat have never directly kept the Suns away from a championship. You can legitimately state that the Spurs were responsible for keeping the Suns away from at least one title.

If it makes you happy, you can claim it to be Ancient History, but three of the clowns + the smarmy coach are still alive and well on that team. Rooting for their success is cutting your nose to save your face.

It was as recent as this season that I heard, "our season sucked, but at least we beat the Spurs on their home court." Doesn't sound like wounds that have quite healed, yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yet the Heat have never directly kept the Suns away from a championship. You can legitimately state that the Spurs were responsible for keeping the Suns away from at least one title.

If it makes you happy, you can claim it to be Ancient History, but three of the clowns + the smarmy coach are still alive and well on that team. Rooting for their success is cutting your nose to save your face.

It was as recent as this season that I heard, "our season sucked, but at least we beat the Spurs on their home court." Doesn't sound like wounds that have quite healed, yet.

I'm not a fan of the Spurs but they never proclaimed themselves to be the anointed ones.
I will root for any team that plays against the anointed king.

So it is said, so it is written!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

We beat ourselves in those series with awful coaching and questionable front office decision-making. I don't really blame the Spurs anymore. We got over on them rather easily once we dumped Dumbtoni. That sweep exorcised some demons.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron grabs 18 boards and Bosh only manages 5. He is so soft.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Cheers! I think it's hilarious to hate a team for a foul that happened many years ago. I'm happy most of you have finally gotten over it. Timmy might be a clown but he plays solid D and has a nice bank shot tbh.

It's just one game and anything can happen. The only thing that cannot happen is a sweep by wrong team.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
It's weird to think that, only a few years ago, the Suns swept pretty much the same roster that is now up 1-0 in the Finals.

You had a very good team back then. I hope the Suns will come back strong. I wouldn't say that the Spurs have the same roster now. A team consists of more than three players even if they are "big".

Errntknght

Reaction score
When it comes to finals I have no problem rooting for the Western Conf. team... even if the Spurs or the Lakers. They're representing 'our' conference, why wouldn't I root for them?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I hope the Suns will come back strong.

No you don't. Give me a break.

Regarding Splitter, of course you are right and I was wrong: He is indeed in the NBA. I give him credit for manning up and finding the courage to actually stay in an NBA draft, a prospect he apparently he found too frightening for several years. Now, at the tender age of 28, he's finally matured to the point where he can contribute.

But I was right about the main point, which is that he's far from the franchise building block that you made him out to be. He's a role-playing big who can work as the 8th man in a Popovich system. That's something, to be sure, but not really worth getting all that excited about.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find myself not so much rooting for the Spurs but rooting against the Heat.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
No you don't. Give me a break.

Regarding Splitter, of course you are right and I was wrong: He is indeed in the NBA. I give him credit for manning up and finding the courage to actually stay in an NBA draft, a prospect he apparently he found too frightening for several years. Now, at the tender age of 28, he's finally matured to the point where he can contribute.

But I was right about the main point, which is that he's far from the franchise building block that you made him out to be. He's a role-playing big who can work as the 8th man in a Popovich system. That's something, to be sure, but not really worth getting all that excited about.

Strange post. Yes, I hope the Suns come back strong.

You were 100% wrong about Splitter and a strawman argument will not change that. He can be regarded as a role-playing big but he is not 8th man in Pop's system. He is the starting C. Having him for 3-4 mil a year was really helpful and he will get paid more this summer. Or you don't think so?

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Warriors are still the only team to have won games vs. The Spurs this post season.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I didn't like Bowen's dirty play, Manu's flopping, or Duncan's whining. But those things all fell within the normal bounds of hating your rival (though Bowen should have been called/fined more).

The Horry hit was the thing I loathed. But it wasn't even the hit: I'll even accept that some thought it was simply gamesmanship. As I've certainly written here before, it was the enforcement of the suspension as if the league HAD to abide by the letter of the law--and then of course they ignored it completely when Garnett shoved a ref and Perkins came off the bench in the fight with Atlanta the next year.

I'm not saying the Suns would have won: the Spurs didn't need the league's help to beat them other times. But it still rankles.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Bowen's dirty play, Manu's flopping, or Duncan's whining. But those things all fell within the normal bounds of hating your rival (though Bowen should have been knee-capped).

FTFY. And yes, despite everything, it's easy to respect the Spurs even if you don't love some of the things they've done.

Steve