NBA West Playoffs!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think they're going to have to upset one or two of these Western teams down the stretch to make up for the LA loss if they want to make the playoffs.
That's being pretty generous. I'm thinking like four actually.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow that was a goal tend on o'neal, missed call sets up curry.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
yup. hoping maybe the Spurs are resting some players against us late in the season...and the real trick is going to be beating both Dallas and Memphis when we play them. those could be HUGE games down the stretch.

The Spurs resting players is actually quite likely. They play us on a second night of a b2b with the first game at Dallas.

Spurs have games remaining against GSW, Dallas, Memphis AND Phoenix. If they were so inclined, they could subtly influence who's in and who's out (and more importantly, who they're matched up with) to their liking.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious too. It's good for us but I just hate bad refereeing and there's no other way to describe that missed call.

Mavs were getting favorable calls all game though. GSW didn't go the FT line even once in the 2nd half despite having 60 pts in the paint. Dirk was getting away with a lot of hacking.

It's only fair that they finally make a BS call in the Dubs favor.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yup. hoping maybe the Spurs are resting some players against us late in the season...and the real trick is going to be beating both Dallas and Memphis when we play them. those could be HUGE games down the stretch.

If we can't win those games, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Suns are 44-31
Our remaining games are:
Clippers
@Portland
OKC
@New Orleans
@ San Antonio (I've got tickets and will be attending)
@Dallas
Memphis
@Sacramento

Dallas (44-31) has
@Clipper
@Lakers
@ Utah
@Sacramento
San Antonio
Phoenix
@Memphis

Memphis (44-30) has
Denver
@San Antonio
Miami
Philidelphia (aka bye)
@Lakers
@Phoenix
Dallas

Our game against Dallas is the second of a road back-to-back and will be huge. Memphis's game against us is the same situation. Looks like a nail biter to the finish.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...that Laker loss is such a killer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This feels eerily like the end of the Cardinals season this year. Better team than we expected. On the playoff bubble. Better record than many other teams making the playoffs. Weird tie-break rules.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
didn't the Dbacks start out hot too but fell short? haha

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we can't win those games, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

tell that to the east coast teams haha

Suns are 44-31
Our remaining games are:
Clippers
@Portland
OKC
@New Orleans
@Dallas
Memphis
@Sacramento

Dallas (44-31) has
@Clipper
@Lakers
@ Utah
@Sacramento
San Antonio
Phoenix
@Memphis

Memphis (44-30) has
Denver
@San Antonio
Miami
Philidelphia (aka bye)
@Lakers
@Phoenix
Dallas

Our game against Dallas is the second of a road back-to-back and will be huge. Memphis's game against us is the same situation. Looks like a nail biter to the finish.

memphis seems to have the easiest schedule there with denver, sixes and lakers. we have an injured clippers team, do well against portland, might be playing a resting spurs team, and a lowly sacramento team. dallas has a bevy of easy teams until its last three, but by then spurs could be in full rest mode or we could be eliminated.

tough to say how everything plays out. such a close race right now. even the warriors or portland has a chance to drop some games and any of the three teams can move up.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are 44-31
Our remaining games are:
Clippers
@Portland
OKC
@New Orleans
@Dallas
Memphis
@Sacramento

Dallas (44-31) has
@Clipper
@Lakers
@ Utah
@Sacramento
San Antonio
Phoenix
@Memphis

Memphis (44-30) has
Denver
@San Antonio
Miami
Philidelphia (aka bye)
@Lakers
@Phoenix
Dallas

I don't think that's accurate cause Memphis still has a road game against Minnesota.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I don't think that's accurate cause Memphis still has a road game against Minnesota.

I was partially listening to a teleconference as I wrote that and missed the Minnesota game. Dang it! Well I pretty much need to look stupid at least once a day, otherwise I start developing an ego. Thanks Sunsfan88 for keeping me in check.

Suns are 44-31
Our remaining games are:
Clippers
@Portland
OKC
@New Orleans
@Dallas
Memphis
@Sacramento

Dallas (44-31) has
@Clipper
@Lakers
@ Utah
@Sacramento
San Antonio
Phoenix
@Memphis

Memphis (44-30) has
@Minnesota
Denver
@San Antonio
Miami
Philidelphia
@Lakers
@Phoenix
Dallas

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Golden State is losing and so is Memphis. If that holds, we win tonight, and i don't jinx us here, we move up to the 7 spot and are a game away from the 6 spot.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looks like Golden State is losing and so is Memphis. If that holds, we win tonight, and i don't jinx us here, we move up to the 7 spot and are a game away from the 6 spot.

Is Memphis trying to give us a playoff berth? They were unbeatable for a while there but all of a sudden they've become very vulnerable on the road. Hope they keep it up, at least till they play us.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Memphis trying to give us a playoff berth? They were unbeatable for a while there but all of a sudden they've become very vulnerable on the road. Hope they keep it up, at least till they play us.

They're giving us a chance. But so far we haven't been capitalizing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and it looks like Dallas goes on the road, in the toughest place to play in the league this year...and gets a W.

Our goose is cooked.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hand it to the Mavs. They came out and played desperate to get into the playoffs and we didn't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake