New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/10/23-09/16/23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are going to be firing on all cylinders. I fully expect a drubbing I am waiting to see what the line comes out at
Didn’t you just bet big against us today?

Early season bets between struggling teams are always stay aways.

Bad teams don’t know they’re bad yet. Betting early against us unless we’re playing a legit power on the road ain’t smart, IMO.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Giants are just LUCKY. And by that I mean this game gets them away from their fans. If they had to play a home game, they would have been under a TON of PRESSURE. And knowing how Arizona plays at home, does give us some hope, because the Giants know that they have to win and win big, really big to erase the stench from last night. JMO.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Giants are just LUCKY. And by that I mean this game gets them away from their fans. If they had to play a home game, they would have been under a TON of PRESSURE. And knowing how Arizona plays at home, does give us some hope, because the Giants know that they have to win and win big, really big to erase the stench from last night. JMO.
The Giants play San Francisco on the Thursday night after Cards. IMO, this will work in AZ favor for Sunday. It’s too early to call it a trap game, however when the Giants start looking at tape of the Niners this week ( they will), I’m pretty confident they will understand San Fran is the bigger threat and may slightly underestimate the Cards.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Giants play San Francisco on the Thursday night after Cards. IMO, this will work in AZ favor for Sunday. It’s too early to call it a trap game, however when the Giants start looking at tape of the Niners this week ( they will), I’m pretty confident they will understand San Fran is the bigger threat and may slightly underestimate the Cards.
They might just decide to put all their focus into the game that actually seems winnable to them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QB aside the obvious weakness for me in the Washington game was RB depth.

I'm not convinced Conner can carry that much load all season. And there was a lack of speed there too. I know this is something brought up before but this one was actually real.

I thought O line was good, it's harsh to rag on them for Q4 when they knew we had to pass and they could pin their ears back. Against possibly the best D line in the league. Personally I thought Dobbs was too slow getting the ball out on all except the strip sack. I thought we ran pretty well for the most part. There were some issues with Petzing but a new OC is going to make some mistakes.

But that RB depth needs addressing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe, but they also won't want to be embarrassed on national TV twice in 3 weeks.

All the pressure is on NYG and our defense played well. I could certainly see some turnovers for us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fotu at the back of the DL depth. Good to see Clark and Wilson get so much play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neal is a weakness

Also I can't stand Penning and never got the hype at all on him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think we would have a better chance of winning Sunday if the Giants had lost a close game instead of being humiliated like they were last night. Now the Giants will be out to prove it was aberration, an anomaly, an outlier last night and that is not the team they are. I suspect their preparation will very business like and serious leading up to Sunday and I don't expect them to be looking past the Cardinals to the Niners. In fact I expect them to want to lay a beating on the Cardinals like Dallas did to them.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think we would have a better chance of winning Sunday if the Giants had lost a close game instead of being humiliated like they were last night. Now the Giants will be out to prove it was aberration, an anomaly, an outlier last night and that is not the team they are. I suspect their preparation will very business like and serious leading up to Sunday and I don't expect them to be looking past the Cardinals to the Niners. In fact I expect them to want to lay a beating on the Cardinals like Dallas did to them.
Agreed. How can you lose 40-0 and look past a team? o_O