New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/10/23-09/16/23

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Um… did you watch Sunday’s game? Their D-Line DID wreck us.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game. I had to sit in front of my computer and follow the game on Gamecast. But from reading the posts from people who did watch the game, I came away with the opinion that we wrecked ourselves. Are you saying that it wasn't as much poor play by our offense, but very good play by the Washington defense? And before people say both, which was the MORE important factor?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game. I had to sit in front of my computer and follow the game on Gamecast. But from reading the posts from people who did watch the game, I came away with the opinion that we wrecked ourselves. Are you saying that it wasn't as much poor play by our offense, but very good play by the Washington defense? And before people say both, which was the MORE important factor?
We had something like 14 plays go for negative yardage, 3 sacks and 9 points. The offensive line got manhandled.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We had something like 14 plays go for negative yardage, 3 sacks and 9 points. The offensive line got manhandled.
So, while you didn't really answer the question, I'm assuming that you thought it was more a question of the Washington DL being VG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, while you didn't really answer the question, I'm assuming that you thought it was more a question of the Washington DL being VG.
Their D-Line beat up a bad O-line. I don’t know how much clearer you want it said.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Their D-Line beat up a bad O-line. I don’t know how much clearer you want it said.
Okay, this is my LAST post on this subject. You make it sound like a perfect storm. Their DL (guess you think they are VG) meets a bad OL and comes away with THREE sacks. And, for you that's a wreck, and that's okay because it's your opinion. As for me, I just see it differently. And, if I read the lead to the story about an OL getting destroyed with six sacks allowed I would be sure they meant the Arizona OL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is my LAST post on this subject. You make it sound like a perfect storm. Their DL (guess you think they are VG) meets a bad OL and comes away with THREE sacks. And, for you that's a wreck, and that's okay because it's your opinion.
3 sacks, 14 TACKLES FOR LOSS AND 9 POINTS.

Don’t project a stupid argument on to me, while ignoring 2/3s of what I actually said. That’s such bad faith arguing.

Here’s another data point to show how badly our O-line got wrecked. The offense had Oh, 225 TOTAL YARDS.

As for me, I just see it differently.
By your own words, you actually didn’t see it at all so you don’t actually have a frame of reference… which makes posting “gotcha!” takes about our O-line not being bad seem really odd to me.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Okay, this is my LAST post on this subject. You make it sound like a perfect storm. Their DL (guess you think they are VG) meets a bad OL and comes away with THREE sacks. And, for you that's a wreck, and that's okay because it's your opinion. As for me, I just see it differently. And, if I read the lead to the story about an OL getting destroyed with six sacks allowed I would be sure they meant the Arizona OL.
Sacks aren't the only measure of effectiveness.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, but it is a big one. And, six in one game is a very big one. And I'm sorry because I feel that I've just been suckered into continuing this discussion.
I don't see how the Washington line being worse really impacts the absolute measure of the effectiveness of our offensive line.

EDIT - Just to put this in perspective, here's the talent level of the Washington OL Sunday:

OT - Saahdiq Charles, 4th year, 4th round pick
OG - Andrew Wylie, 6th year, UDFA (free agent from KC)
OT - Charles Leno, Jr, 10th year, 7th round pick (free agent from CHI)
C - Nick Gates, 5th year, UDFA (free agent from NYG)
OT - Samuel Cosmi, 3rd year, 2nd round pick

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 sacks, 14 TACKLES FOR LOSS AND 9 POINTS.

Don’t project a stupid argument on to me, while ignoring 2/3s of what I actually said. That’s such bad faith arguing.

Here’s another data point to show how badly our O-line got wrecked. The offense had Oh, 225 TOTAL YARDS.

By your own words, you actually didn’t see it at all so you don’t actually have a frame of reference… which makes posting “gotcha!” takes about our O-line not being bad seem really odd to me.
Not necessary.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think mischaracterizing others’ arguments to make the poster you’re arguing with seem dumber/strengthen your own isn’t necessary. Which is what happened.

Maybe you didn’t follow the convo, so here’s a recap. I said the O-line was wrecked because we gave up 3 sack, 14 tackles for loss and had 9 points. The. Garth purposefully CHANGED my argument, purposefully omitting 2/3s then projected a completely false argument on to me, making it seem like I was just basing my opinion on 3 sacks.

So, I’ll bite… why do you think I’m in the wrong here as opposed to the poster who totally mischaracterized my argument to make my argument seem stupid? Nowhere am I insulting Garth. Note… I’m not calling him stupid. I’m calling him out for twisting MY argument to make MY argument seem stupid.
I followed it. What you said... wasn't necessary.

If you can't make a point, without calling someone else's point stupid, DON'T DO IT. Just keep the inflammatory words out of the post, and we will all be better off.