New Zealand Breakers at Suns, 10-3-18 (preseason)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Breakers visit the Suns tomorrow night for a game scheduled to be televised on FSAZ. Game time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Here is a game report from Duane Rankin at azcentral.

Outlook: The Breakers play in the Australian National Basketball League and they’re the only franchise based outside of Australia in the league. … Phoenix shot just 3-of-22 from 3-point range Monday night while the Kings went 11 of 25 from distance. … Breakers have won four championships in their 15-year history. … Along with Ayton, Josh Jackson (17 points) and T.J. Warren (16) each reached double figures Monday night. … Former Georgetown player Kevin Braswell coaches the Breakers. He won two New Zealand NBL titles in 2016 and 2017 for Wellington. … Suns host Portland Friday at 7 p.m. before closing out preseason play next week at Golden State and at Portland.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...evin-booker-practicing-right-hand/1502677002/

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be on league pass thank god

I need my fix

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I need my fix

It's always good for the games to be televised. I was using two computers during the Kings game to stream and chat.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I need my fix
It will? I am seeing:

"There are no streams available for this game."

ETA: Mine says:

Watch on TV
Local: Fox Sports Arizona

Although, I don't think I normally get that channel. Not sure if they turn it on for LP subscribers during the game.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will? I am seeing:

Watch on TV

Although, I don't think I normally get that channel. Not sure if they turn it on for LP subscribers during the game.

I'm not sure how you're doing this but I usually watch the games off of the NBA League Pass app on my Apple TV as opposed to my cable system. For me, it shows tomorrow's game as "video for this game is not available yet", which in the past has meant I will get the game live. The Clippers game on the same day, for example, says that it is "blacked out and will not be available to watch live" which means I will get it but not that day.

Not that I'd put much stock in this. It's been my experience that NBA League Pass isn't very accurate until the season actually starts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will? I am seeing:

Watch on TV

I'm seeing it Wednesday 7pm on 751 direct tv.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing it Wednesday 7pm on 751 direct tv.

I wanted my Pac 12 sports so I switched to Time Warner Cable a few years ago (it's now Spectrum) but this is one of the things I really miss about Direct TV. All their League pass channels are HD, with Spectrum we just get one HD League Pass channel and all the other games are standard def (aka unwatchable). So I stream almost all the time but I checked Spectrum to be sure and it also shows the game being available on a non-HD channel.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're doing this but I usually watch the games off of the NBA League Pass app on my Apple TV as opposed to my cable system. For me, it shows tomorrow's game as "video for this game is not available yet", which in the past has meant I will get the game live. The Clippers game on the same day, for example, says that it is "blacked out and will not be available to watch live" which means I will get it but not that day.

Not that I'd put much stock in this. It's been my experience that NBA League Pass isn't very accurate until the season actually starts.
You're not kidding about it not being very accurate in preseason. It was wrong about Monday's game being available 3 hours after completion. I usually just watch on DirecTV. I only stream if I have to. And every year I struggle to get LP (that I've paid for something like 20 years straight) working on the streaming services until the season starts. Case in point, I'm unable to hook that up now as DirecTV is not an option. Only Direct TV Now which is a different thing. I have contacted support and they're supposed to be fixing that. In the meantime, I want my preseason games!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wanted my Pac 12 sports so I switched to Time Warner Cable a few years ago (it's now Spectrum) but this is one of the things I really miss about Direct TV. All their League pass channels are HD, with Spectrum we just get one HD League Pass channel and all the other games are standard def (aka unwatchable). So I stream almost all the time but I checked Spectrum to be sure and it also shows the game being available on a non-HD channel.

Wow! I am truly sorry. HD has really spoiled the TV [sports] viewer. I can't watch anything in SD anymore.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, and hate to suggest them, but have you looked at "direct TV now" (I think it's called)? It's pretty much direct TV, but all streaming. And a whole lot cheaper.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some notes entering the Suns game with the Breakers.

— Kokoskov said nothing has changed on the status of point guard Isaiah Canaan. Canaan has a minor thumb injury and did not play Monday.

“We’ll talk with the training staff,” he said. “If we think it’s too risky for him to play tomorrow then so be it.”

— Shooting guard Devin Booker entered the practice gym roughly 20 minutes after practice had ended. Booker worked with the team during the non-contact portion of practice and then went to work on conditioning when the contact began.

When Booker entered the gym, he got a handful of shots up with his right hand before Wednesday’s opponent, the New Zealand Breakers, started their practice. Booker still had the splint on his right hand, but it was the second straight day he was seen shooting with this right hand after working exclusively with his left in Flagstaff.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1685...er-numbers-to-improve-after-preseason-opener/

No mention of the ankle injury which is a positive for Canaan IMO.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, and hate to suggest them, but have you looked at "direct TV now" (I think it's called)? It's pretty much direct TV, but all streaming. And a whole lot cheaper.

Just ended mine today. Horrible interface, error codes, pauses.

Lack of channels too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My brother in law suggested this to me a few months ago. He has gone to it. :shrug:

Streaming services are something I think its best to try for yourself. Interfaces and your location are things that individual experiences vary on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Canaan is out tonight but looks to return to action on Friday.

See excerpt below:

Canaan still out: Point guard Isaiah Canaan will miss his second preseason game today with an injured thumb.

Kokoskov continues to say it isn’t serious.

“He went through the shootaround,” Kokoskov said. “Tomorrow he’s going to practice and he’ll be available Friday.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ood-devin-bookers-injury-progress/1513861002/

Again, I'm glad there is no talk about the ankle injury.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is Shawn Marion on the breakers?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not happy about Canaan being out, not a good sign for his future with the team. I still believe he's the best option on the roster to be our starting PG on opening night but we'll see.

I was surprised Melton was mentioned in the GM survey as one of the players named for the best off season acquisition, or something like that. I can't recall the category but he was listed with the "others" which seemed to be players who got 1 or 2 votes. I believe voting is the same as the player survey where you can't vote for yourself but you can't vote for your team in this case and if it wasn't McD who said it, I wonder who did.

Edit - it was underrated off season acquisition, which seemed odd since most everyone else named was a legit NBA player. Ariza received a good percentage of votes in that category.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake