NFC Championship Official Game Thread - WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!!

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
No voice left....exhausted beyond belief...but WHO FREAKING CARES?? SUPER BOWL, BABY!!! Living in a town full of Colts fans, I am going to be one insufferable jerk for the next two weeks!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! The Cardinals...the CARDINALS are going to the Super Bowl!!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans. The Cards were the better team today plain and simple. They made the plays when they had to and the Eagles' defense blew it. The Eagles did get screwed over on that non-call at the end and I don't think anyone can deny that. But the Eagles didn't make the plays they had to. The defense choked. Once again, congrats. To the frontrunners, you don't deserve this and you won't ever know the feeling of true gratification. To the die-hard Cards fans who stuck with your team through thick and thin, enjoy it.

This entire game typified life as an Eagles fan.

Hell Ya! Front-runners now cheer for the Cardinals!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet springfield wishes they had the cardinals now, but nope Homer had to tell the cardinals to keep walking :).

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans. The Cards were the better team today plain and simple. They made the plays when they had to and the Eagles' defense blew it. The Eagles did get screwed over on that non-call at the end and I don't think anyone can deny that. But the Eagles didn't make the plays they had to. The defense choked. Once again, congrats. To the frontrunners, you don't deserve this and you won't ever know the feeling of true gratification. To the die-hard Cards fans who stuck with your team through thick and thin, enjoy it.

This entire game typified life as an Eagles fan.
It was incidental contact and should not have been PI.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
kinda like how we got screwed out of that kickoff recovery?
Yeah, you did. Difference is that the Eagles got screwed over twice in HUGE situations. Cards got screwed over once. Regardless I gave you guys your credit and admitted the Cards were the better team, and all anyone does is argue with me? What a joke...

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Out of my whole post, you pick out that? You have nothing to say but that? Unbelievable. And no, you're wrong. He dragged him down, it should have been a penalty. I gave you guys your credit.
I never discredited your post and felt it was classy, but you said: The Eagles did get screwed over on that non-call at the end and I don't think anyone can deny that - and I simply disagreed. That didn't take away from anything else you said and I wasn't trying to argue.
Stop catching feelings.

What did you want me to say?

spyboots

Rookie
Reaction score
Whooooo Hoooooooooooo. Cards going to the Suuuuper Bowl

Thank you, Whiz, coaches, and players. Congratulations.

TBSkinsFan

Reaction score
Die Hard Redskins Fan here... I just wanted to say congrats and that I am very happy for you diehard fans. Those of you who have lived and died with your team truly deserve this opportunity.

I do feel bad for you diehards though in that you will have to put up with those bandwagon fans and wonder where the hell they came from and where were they when you were losing.

Good luck in the Superbowl and I'll be rooting for you.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you did. Difference is that the Eagles got screwed over twice in HUGE situations. Cards got screwed over once. Regardless I gave you guys your credit and admitted the Cards were the better team, and all anyone does is argue with me? What a joke...

Yup. Even in victory, some folks will do that. But I think most Cards fans wouldn't argue it - the same way most Eagles view that hit by Demps on Warner as a classless, idiotic move.

And just so we're clear, it was the Eagles that truly lost out on that kickoff call. If the play HAD been reviewed, the Cards would have lost a timeout. If it was ruled non-irrafutable evidence, the Eagles keep the ball. If it was ruled the ball did touch him, then it was the touch on the forearm while the player was out of bounds...resulting in the ball actually moving FORWARD to the 40 yard line. The Eagles lost yardage on it not being able to be reviewed.

Carry on.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I never discredited your post and felt it was classy, but you said: The Eagles did get screwed over on that non-call at the end and I don't think anyone can deny that - and I simply disagreed. That didn't take away from anything else you said and I wasn't trying to argue.
Stop catching feelings.

What did you want me to say?

Well, be a football fan. Root for good calls. That was a trip by Hood. If Hood was still standing up then maybe it's incidental. But with Hood on the ground it's clearly PI.

Cmon, man. Your team won. It doesn't make it a clean no-call.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Well, be a football fan. Root for good calls. That was a trip by Hood. If Hood was still standing up then maybe it's incidental. But with Hood on the ground it's clearly PI.

Cmon, man. Your team won. It doesn't make it a clean no-call.
It was not a clean no-call, but it was not clear as day that it was PI. It wasn't a night-and-day like you are saying in my eyes. As a football fan you can argue it either way. Throwing the fact that my team won in my face to give the illusion that I'm being a homer does not alter, strengthen nor discredit my opinion on that play.

If it happened in the Steelers/Ravens game I'd be saying the same thing.

Carry on.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
It was not a clean no-call, but it was not clear as day that it was PI. It wasn't a night-and-day like you are saying in my eyes. As a football fan you can argue it either way. Throwing the fact that my team won in my face to give the illusion that I'm being a homer does not alter, strengthen nor discredit my opinion on that play.

If it happened in the Steelers/Ravens game I'd be saying the same thing.

Carry on.

Funny then how the announcers both jumped on it quickly and PFT had it up in a minute after the play.

But sure, however you want to see it. You'd probably be irate in my shoes but I'm not claiming it was the entire reason for the loss.

Nothing incidental about a defender who loses his footing but still impacts the play on a WR before the ball gets there. Sheesh.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Funny then how the announcers both jumped on it quickly and PFT had it up in a minute after the play.

But sure, however you want to see it. You'd probably be irate in my shoes but I'm not claiming it was the entire reason for the loss.

Nothing incidental about a defender who loses his footing but still impacts the play on a WR before the ball gets there. Sheesh.
*sigh*

Funny how you won't accept the fact that someone simply does not agree with your (and apparently the great Troy Aikman's :rolleyes:) view of that play. There are others on this board who may ride with you on that, but I won't. I have my own opinion. You have yours. We disagree. Please don't let my small, insignificant opinion on that play piss on your parade.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh*

Funny how you won't accept the fact that someone simply does not agree with your (and apparently the great Troy Aikman's :rolleyes:) view of that play. There are others on this board who may ride with you on that, but I won't. I have my own opinion. You have yours. We disagree. Please don't let my small, insignificant opinion on that play piss on your parade.

*sigh* indeed.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_...ecenter&season=2008&week=POST20&override=true

8:30 mark. Slow motion replay.

Curtis doesn't usually go into a guitarist power slide when going for a ball being thrown high and in front of him. That's what occurs when a defender pulls your feet out from underneath you. Are you really debating that one?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the refs didn't blow that kickoff recovery call that no call on the supposed PI wouldn't have mattered the refs effed both teams equally today.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
*sigh* indeed.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_...ecenter&season=2008&week=POST20&override=true

8:30 mark. Slow motion replay.

Curtis doesn't usually go into a guitarist power slide when going for a ball being thrown high and in front of him. That's what occurs when a defender pulls your feet out from underneath you. Are you really debating that one?
Why are you still trying to argue with me after what I just posted? Leave it alone and move on or find some else on the board to beef with.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Why are you still trying to argue with me after what I just posted? Leave it alone and move on or find some else on the board to beef with.

Because you're incorrect and replied to say that you're right and welcome to your opinion and won't let my comment go unmentioned.

So there ya go. That's the video. If you're done, don't reply to this. But you will. That's the internet way. I have no beef with you.

CtCardinals is already moving the thread along.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because you're incorrect and replied to say that you're right and welcome to your opinion and won't let my comment go unmentioned.

So there ya go. That's the video. If you're done, don't reply to this. But you will. That's the internet way. I have no beef with you.

CtCardinals is already moving the thread along.

You must be registered for see images attach

Later.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everytime I see that Hightower 4th and inches run on the replays I hold my breath.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
How about that Matt Leinart? Hell of a way to hold a clipboard.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
And no one tells me what (not) to do.

:mulli:

But I still love you, RandomGuy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05