NFL Combine 2020

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He made All Pro once his rookie year when they gave him a tonne of help from the RG. Ask any Titans fan and they will tell you he's decent but not worth that money.

After that year 71 PFF grade in 17, 67 PFF grade in 18. Then in his contract year upped his game and had a 78 year.
Well, he was injured or recovering from injury in those seasons, so I'm not buying into any PFF grades.

It's still mind boggling to just outwardly claim he's worse than a guy who hasn't taken a snap, RG help or not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, he was injured or recovering from injury in those seasons, so I'm not buying into any PFF grades.

It's still mind boggling to just outwardly claim he's worse than a guy who hasn't taken a snap, RG help or not.

I never said he's worse than someone that hasn't taken a snap but he's also not worth the money being talked about. He's average. A decent NFL starter.

Would I rather pay $4.5m to a rookie at 8 who show's all the attributes to be a great NFL tackle or pay Conklin $18m? I'd go with the rookie every time.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I never said he's worse than someone that hasn't taken a snap but he's also not worth the money being talked about. He's average. A decent NFL starter.

Would I rather pay $4.5m to a rookie at 8 who show's all the attributes to be a great NFL tackle or pay Conklin $18m? I'd go with the rookie every time.
Well, we wholeheartedly disagree, but okay. I doubt the Cardinals are going to pursue him anyways, so I don't feel very spirited arguing about it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pp21 isn’t going anywhere. We will continue to negotiate an extension. We will not reach an agreement before the draft. If Okudah is available at #8 and we select him there will be no extension.

If the Cardinals are winning and let’s say we are 5-2 at the trade deadline. We’ll stand Pat( no pun intended) and worry about him at the end of the season. If we are 2-5 I think he will be dealt. This imo is based only on drafting Okudah.

If Okudah is not our selection I think there’s a better than 50% chance he remains a Cardinal for life. None of this is going to happen before the draft.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Made up percentages don't strengthen an argument. It's every bit as likely that he signs an extension or that the Cards use the Tag next off season, if his play warrants.

It is not "every bit as likely" with a player that has publicly asked to be traded....and has at least 2-3 times had Deon Sanders (a close friend) go on TV and talk about how PP21 wants out of AZ.

If you don't factor his discontent with the organization in to his future plans, you are just being naive.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is not "every bit as likely" with a player that has publicly asked to be traded....and has at least 2-3 times had Deon Sanders (a close friend) go on TV and talk about how PP21 wants out of AZ.

If you don't factor his discontent with the organization in to his future plans, you are just being naive.

PP21 explained his frustration at the time and moved on; something you might consider. And why anyone would pay attention to that self promoting blowhard, Deon, is beyond me.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
PP21 explained his frustration at the time and moved on; something you might consider. And why anyone would pay attention to that self promoting blowhard, Deon, is beyond me.

Because PP21 and Deon are good friends. Long before PP21 came out publicly and asked for a trade, he was talking to Deon and telling him to go on NFL network and say that he wanted out of AZ. It was a way to ask for a trade without looking like he was asking for a trade.

Then he actually asks for a trade, then walks it back

Then gets suspended for 6 games, and deletes all his Cardinals Social Media stuff and calls the front office "snakes in the grass" because they wouldn't rework his money to minimize his losses.

We can certainly agree to disagree, but I think saying that PP21 signing an extension here is the same as another player without these past issues is naive. Most players heading into the last year of their deal would be at a greater than 50/50 chance of an extension if they were a good player.....so saying it's 50/50 with PP21 is already low. I am still under the opinion that PP21 has wanted out of AZ for a while. He can probably still eek out 1 more good contract on the FA market if he has a good year....so I wont be surprised if he says no to an extension, plays well this year, and is traded at the deadline or walks in FA. Just my 2 cents.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because PP21 and Deon are good friends. Long before PP21 came out publicly and asked for a trade, he was talking to Deon and telling him to go on NFL network and say that he wanted out of AZ. It was a way to ask for a trade without looking like he was asking for a trade.

Then gets suspended for 6 games, and deletes all his Cardinals Social Media stuff and calls the front office "snakes in the grass" because they wouldn't rework his money to minimize his losses.

We can certainly agree to disagree, but I think saying that PP21 signing an extension here is the same as another player without these past issues is naive. Most players heading into the last year of their deal would be at a greater than 50/50 chance of an extension if they were a good player.....so saying it's 50/50 with PP21 is already low. I am still under the opinion that PP21 has wanted out of AZ for a while. He can probably still eek out 1 more good contract on the FA market if he has a good year....so I wont be surprised if he says no to an extension, plays well this year, and is traded at the deadline or walks in FA. Just my 2 cents.

Consider your point made.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He ain’t going anywhere. To soonest he would go would be the trade deadline and that’s only if we are way below expectations. If we are in the hunt the Cards will wait until the end of the season to deal with this.

correct me if I’m wrong, but if pp21 walks away wouldn’t we receive at least a 3rd round compensatory pick?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He ain’t going anywhere. To soonest he would go would be the trade deadline and that’s only if we are way below expectations. If we are in the hunt the Cards will wait until the end of the season to deal with this.

correct me if I’m wrong, but if pp21 walks away wouldn’t we receive at least a 3rd round compensatory pick?

I think it depends on who we sign to replace him.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chase Goodbread (@ChaseGoodbread)
3/2/20, 1:41 PM
Exiting Indy...
A few takes from personnel folks:
* T.Wirfs and I.Simmons
* M.Becton helped self in interviews not just on field.
* Tua medicals
* Herbert on-field
* W.Gay wowed, easy steal athletically.
* Two who needed to show more: QB Fromm, CB Dantzler

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

''The BIG show. Let's put Iowa offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs' combine exploits into historical perspective: His 24 bench press reps were one better than Trent Williams' effort at the 2010 combine. His vertical jump (36 1/2 inches) was higher than DeAndre Hopkins' 2013 mark (36 inches). His 10-foot-1 broad jump was longer than Ezekiel Elliott's 2016 figure by three inches.

In this combine, he jumped higher than receivers Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb. At 4.85, he ran the 40-yard dash faster than some tight ends. All at 6-4 7/8 and 320 pounds.

Colleague Daniel Jeremiah has always believed Wirfs could be an elite guard, but DJ is now convinced the Iowa product will get at least an initial look at tackle. Wirfs' mentality?

"Second is the first loser," he said. "I want to be the first offensive tackle taken. I'm just ready to go out and show what I can do. My mom worked at Target for 28 years -- since she was 16. That's where my work ethic comes from."''

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
''The BIG show. Let's put Iowa offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs' combine exploits into historical perspective: His 24 bench press reps were one better than Trent Williams' effort at the 2010 combine. His vertical jump (36 1/2 inches) was higher than DeAndre Hopkins' 2013 mark (36 inches). His 10-foot-1 broad jump was longer than Ezekiel Elliott's 2016 figure by three inches.

In this combine, he jumped higher than receivers Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb. At 4.85, he ran the 40-yard dash faster than some tight ends. All at 6-4 7/8 and 320 pounds.

Colleague Daniel Jeremiah has always believed Wirfs could be an elite guard, but DJ is now convinced the Iowa product will get at least an initial look at tackle. Wirfs' mentality?

"Second is the first loser," he said. "I want to be the first offensive tackle taken. I'm just ready to go out and show what I can do. My mom worked at Target for 28 years -- since she was 16. That's where my work ethic comes from."''
I have wanted this guy for awhile now...the combine did nothing to change that. We play in a conference with a ton of defensive talent. Adding an equally talented player to try and mitigate that for our young QB should be a no-brainer.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
We play in a conference with a ton of defensive talent. Adding an equally talented player to try and mitigate that for our young QB should be a no-brainer.

I think a lot about how SEA and SF have a defensive philosophy that say "we will rush 4, drop 7 and our 4 will get to your QB before our back 7 breaks."

Two capable offensive tackles can make that defensive approach untenable.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Patriots planning a move up, or do they love some Marlon Davidson?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arians hates young QBs
Dude.

Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Tim Couch
His reason for leaving AZ (Mahomes/Watson)
Andrew Luck
Jameis Winston

This is one of the dumbest comments in the history of asfn. You’re better than that. Stop.