Nick Bosa

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I remember people getting all up in arms when Bosa said he was leaving OSU to focus on the NFL. I never understood the criticism because he wasn't saving himself and skipping out on his team, he was injured.

He addresses this in a letter he wrote to OSU fans, etc. I've copied an excerpt where he addresses the situation:

Before I say goodbye, though, I want to give a little background here — and talk about why I’m writing this letter right now instead of getting ready for the Rose Bowl. On one hand, it’s pretty simple: My season is over. I suffered a season-ending injury on September 15th against TCU. I knew right away that it was serious. I’d been trying to push through groin and abdomen issues since training camp, and the pain that I was feeling made it obvious that I’d re-aggravated those injuries and then some.

But even still, right? There’s serious, and then there’s season-ending. And not even in my worst idea of how bad I was injured did I think that my entire SEASON was at risk — or that my Ohio State career was FINISHED, right then and there, on the field at AT&T.

I remember sitting in Coach Johnson’s office after finding out that I’d need bilateral abdominal surgery. And man, we just started getting tears in our eyes….. because we knew what that type of surgery could mean. We knew it could mean I’d never play another snap in 2018. We knew it could mean the playoffs, Rose Bowl, Michigan game — off the table.

Most of all, though, we knew it could mean that my time as a Buckeye football player was over.

And when my surgeon confirmed all of that the following week….. what can I even say here, you know? I was CRUSHED.

I was just crushed. End of story.

here's the entire link if interested:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/nick-bosa-ohio-state-buckeyes

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had a season ending injury and people want him to do what continue to go to class? Lol yeah no.

Bosa is nasty as they come but the fact he's had two season ending injuries in his career so far make me give the edge to Quinnen Williams

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This part of his history doesn’t worry me. In fact guys not playing in All Star or Bowl games doesn’t worry me. In view of the millions Jaylon Smith lost, I can’t blame anyone for not taking chances.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He and his brother are walking mash units...

No significant injuries during his first two years at OSU. I was concerned at first but none of the experts are. He is unanimously considered to be the top pick in the draft. We will be kicking ourselves for years if we pass and he ends up on the 49ers

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of college football, so for those who do what do you think is Bosa's ceiling? Are we talking prime JJ Watt or more like Chandler Jones? How is he rated compared to Watt coming out of schools?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of college football, so for those who do what do you think is Bosa's ceiling? Are we talking prime JJ Watt or more like Chandler Jones? How is he rated compared to Watt coming out of schools?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

This is the best analysis. Originally posted by DVontel. Compares him to the elite in detail

https://t.co/wMzhdq5LZR

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Give me Josh Allen all day long dude is a freaking beast

As an OSLB in a 3-4 style defense, I would agree with you. Saying all that IMO he is not the number 1 pick in the draft. Nick Bosa might be, but so far I have not studied him a lot, but I am not sure he can transition to an OSLB in a 3-4 but would excel in even fronts. It is really hard to tell what he has gotten better at since he didn't play much this year. Looking forward to his pro-day for sure.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I probably should have went into more detail. I think he would struggle in space as an OSLB in a 3-4. I believe he is stout enough to stand up against the run and he can defiantly get after the passer. I also get the fact that even in a base 3-4 we would/could still run a lot of even fronts.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bosa is the best prospect as of now but things can change when athletic testing and medical evals happen. In Bosa’s case it’s more health because nobody expects him to blow away the combine.

Allen could definitely put himself in top-5 consideration with a dominant showing in Indy. I’m skeptical of his 260 lb listing though.