No Doom and Gloom

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yes, i'm generally one of the darksiders. more so for the cards than for the suns, but i am one of asfn's realist/pessimists. however i am going to say this . . . though i yell and scream during these playoff games, and though i think marion is the most baffling player i watch (yes, despite his rebounding he sucked again tonight, offensively and defensively, i mean, look at the dudes he was guarding, they went off again), when i calm down i cannot be mad at this team. why? i'll tell you . . .

at the end of last year we thought we were on the verge. we were young, impetuous, and had amare about to become an mvp-type player. we made a lot of moves during the offseason and had most of us baffled, but still thinking as a contender. amare went down. most of us thought this team would barely squeek into the playoffs. i thought they wouldn't even make the playoffs. . .

then the most amazing thing happened, nash made everyone better. diaw became the boris we know. barbosa grew up a little. we won the division and 54 games. but in the process we continued to rack up an incredible amount of injuries. i thought we'd have trouble with the lakers in the first round. . .

we almost blew the first round. we almost blew the second round . . .

but amazingly enough we made the western conference finals. are you kidding me? then we lost raja bell. we only have 2/5ths of our starting lineup playing. we have no right even being on the court right now. so despite the fact that we have to still play the games, and i expect effort, we're just undergunned right now.

we're playing a 60 win team. they have NO injuries. we are missing 3/5ths of our starters. of course we're gonna lose. if we don't lose we're the most amazing team i've ever seen.

now the announcers are not going to mention any of this. they'll just talk about how the mavs are dominating us defensively. but you know what i think of when i settle down? i think, yeah they'll beat house, james jones, diaw, barbosa, and soft marion. but will they beat them next year with amare, kurt, raja and whomever we draft or trade for? hell no. and i relax and realize that this year is just gravy. it's just gravy.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You are absolutely right Ouchie. I am amazed that Phoenix made it this far without their star player and best interior defender.

But it's so frustrating watching this because they are SO CLOSE. They had a chance to win game 2, they almost won tonight, eventhough they were outplayed big time.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Dallas tried to give Phoenix games 2 and 3 and Phoenix didn't/wouldn't capitulate.

For the 2nd game in a row the Suns players allowed a rebound to go unharnessed causing an extra Dallas possession.

Barbosa, Marion, House, Jones, and Diaw (after the 1st quarter) all pretty much stepped out the side door. A too often expression when it comes to most of those guys and their playoff performances.

Surprisingly though the Suns have been in position to win all 3 games. They need game 4. If they can secure a game 4 win, the series is still anybody's.

cly2tw

Reaction score
In this game, we were kind of trying to control the tempo to save some energy down the stretch. Someone mentioned that Diaw had to take himself out late in game 2. It's a good sign that JJ played almost 30min and House got 12min. It's out of necessity due to our short rotation and the wear and tear over so many games. The downside of this strategy is that the mavs seem to have high energy also down the stretch so that they could do the defensive stops and the off. rebounds at the end. But we still had a chance. We just need to keep up our contrentration level high throughout and cut down on TOs in this altered approach to the game.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm proud of these Suns players. With all our injuries and without 3/5ths of our starting lineup playing right now, there's no way we should be in the WCF, yet here we are with a chance to win every game. It's pathetic that the Mavs have trailed by double digits in every game so far against our beat up team with all the help they're getting from the refs.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree, but the idea of Dallas with a title, which they will probably get unless detroit can somehow comletely turn around the way they've been playing the last 2 weeks, is disturbing.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I'm proud of these Suns players. With all our injuries and without 3/5ths of our starting lineup playing right now, there's no way we should be in the WCF, yet here we are with a chance to win every game. It's pathetic that the Mavs have trailed by double digits in every game so far against our beat up team with all the help they're getting from the refs.

have we gotten the same homecooking that the mavs got? no. are there some blown calls? yes. would those calls have made a difference? not with the way we're being outhustled and outplayed. we just don't match up well enough right now. the refs are not playing against us. they are not costing us games. to say so is weak in my opinion. we're just being outplayed by a better team (right now). i'd rather we not become kings fans.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?:) Hell no. The Suns need to take game four and then it's a best of three and anything can happen. The fans need to do a better job on Tuesday night. They need to be loud and they need to stand as much as possible. The place needs to be rocking.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?:) Hell no. The Suns need to take game four and then it's a best of three and anything can happen. The fans need to do a better job on Tuesday night. They need to be loud and they need to stand as much as possible. The place needs to be rocking.
what history books are u reading? Germans Pearl Harbor???
GO back to school.
The suns are outmatched. I agree with the 1st post in stating the suns are lucky to be at this point. However, once again they have the opportunity to get ahead and lead in the series and guess what. I dont know what it is, does coach prepare these guys, it does not appear so. The suns despritely miss Bell, JJ missed a few shots I think Bell hits. But what about the rebounds, how many in the last 5 minutes. TOO MANY. Okay, once again, the suns are outmatched. They will probably push this to a 7 game series, however, I hate the fact that this team has NO KILLER INSTINCT.
VENTING.
The suns may not win this next game, however considering all the injuries THE SUNS HAVE HAD A DAMN EXCITING POST SEASON. I JUST HATE TO SEE IT END.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JAndrews said:
GO back to school.

Obviously you have never watched "Animal House." That is why I put the smile.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JAndrews said:
what history books are u reading? Germans Peral Harbor???
GO back to school.
The suns are outmatched. I agree with the 1st post in stating the suns are lucky to be at this point. However, once again they have the opportunity to get ahead and lead in the series and guess what. I dont know what it is, does coach prepare this guys, it does not appear so. The suns despritely miss Bell, JJ missed a few shots I think Bell hits. But what about the rebounds, how many in the last 5 minutes. TOO MANY. Okay, once again, the suns are outmatched. They will probably push this to a 7 game series, however, I hate the fact that this team has NO KILLER INSTINCT.
VENTING.
The suns may not win this next game, however considering all the injuries THE SUNS HAVE HAD A DAMN EXCITING POST SEASON. I JUST HATE TO SEE IT END.

Probably too young to get the reference I guess... :rolleyes: Youth today... :(

Let's talk about killer instinct for a second. We showed signs of it at the end of the game--until Tim Thomas gave up that bonehead pass and the 24-second violation was not called. When Nash hit that three, I honestly felt we were going to pull it out--but Thomas made a terrible pass and the refs blew the call, and there was no recovery.

That wasn't because there was no killer instinct.

Tank

Wifi Guru
Reaction score
JAndrews said:
GO back to school.

Someone needs to step away from the computer for a few minutes and go watch one of the greatest movies ever...

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
guys, love this team, but we're just not that good.

nash is mvp
marion is an on-again-off-again allstar
diaw is an emerging stud
barbosa is an average developing youngster
tim thomas is a retread
james jones is a young deep bench player
eddie house is an end of the bench role player
the rest of our team is either injured or stink

we're just not that good. killer instinct or not, it doesn't make a difference if you don't have the horses. and right now, we don't have the horses. next year we get our thoroughbreeds back.

Nash

Reaction score
For those of you who were at the game today, what's with the Suns home crowd. You can hear a pin drop if the Mavs go on a run. There was abs no support for the team, the kind of noise from the crowd throughout the game that can help the home team through the tough phases.

Everytime points were scored, you'd hear cheers but after that they just went silent. That was disappointing.

I'm hoping the Suns do what they've not been able to for the past 10 games - win 2 in a row. If they can get the next home game and steal the road game after that, it would be awesome. We really need to keep this a 6 game series if we are to have a chance in the Finals. Playing 21 games before the finals is a recipe for total meltdown.

Raja, where are you?

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

nash is mvp
diaw is an emerging stud
tim thomas is a retread

we're just not that good. killer instinct or not, it doesn't make a difference if you don't have the horses. and right now, we don't have the horses. next year we get our thoroughbreeds back.

:rolleyes:

Typical post-after-a-loss... We're in the freakin' Western Conference Finals. You don't get this far being "not that good".

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

nash is mvp
diaw is an emerging stud
tim thomas is a retread

If this team was not good they would not be playing in the conference finals. They are shorthanded but they are like a cat, they have nine lives. I know it looks bad but I am not giving up and I know the players won't either.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Oh sorry about the "go back to school" remark. Killer instinct is when you see your prey and KILL them before they make a move and kill you or get away. The suns did not have that tonight. saying the suns were trying to make a come back is one thing, saying the suns showed killer instinct at any time tonight is demented.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Without raja it is not just his minutes, his outside threat is also huge and we can't spread the floor. This has effectively sunk us and the announcers will hail dallas new excellent interior defense.

Lets get ready for next year.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys have been rooting for the Suns way too long. You're sounding like old Red Sox fans.

I think D'Antoni's got at least two more major adjustments up his sleeve. I can't for the life of me figure out what it would be with only 6.5 players he's willing to use, but he's taken this undermanned team this far.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
:rolleyes:

Typical post-after-a-loss... We're in the freakin' Western Conference Finals. You don't get this far being "not that good".

no, we got this far based on our system, coaching, and depth that we don't have right now. the loss of raja bell is immeasurable. particularly on top of the losses of amare and kurt. it's a plucky team. it's a team with heart. but let's face it, on talent alone, they're not that good.

Reaction score
Throwing in the towel already? Making excuses if the Mavericks win? "We didn't have Amare??" Boo-hoo. Get him back, the Mavericks will beat that team too.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really wish Kurt Thomas could come back right about now, I don't see the Suns coming out on top if this series goes 7 games.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Josh Howard only shot 9-22 when he was being defended by Marion and Marion was the only one rebounding well on the team. After so many great games he gets a free pass by me. He's right at his averages now and I expect him to have a good game Tuesday in a must win game.

This team has overcome a lot this season and i'll be proud of them no matter what the outcome because this year with all the unlucky injuries doesen't seem like our year. But you know, with Amare's injury Diaw got a chance to grow, with Kurt's injury we discovered TT. All the bad things happening to us have made us stronger for a title run next year.

I am not giving up on this year's team because if they win game 4 and get Raja back you never know. Then we could face the Heat in the Finals were Shaq will not be much of a factor. Tuesday is a HUGE game.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:
Throwing in the towel already? Making excuses if the Mavericks win? "We didn't have Amare??" Boo-hoo. Get him back, the Mavericks will beat that team too.

no, this team has simply overachieved all season. when amare went down at the beginning of the season and we had traded Q and JJ did you honestly think this suns team would be in the WCF? no one and i mean NO ONE did. not "throwing in the towel," just recognizing what it is, an undergunned team at present.

and i really can't wait 'til next year. everyone that keeps barking at the suns, like the idiot lakers fans and clips fans that think they're so close to competing with the suns, and now you . . . you really must have very poor memory, otherwise you'd remember that amare tears your team a new a-hole on a regular basis. and we're competing with you now w/o amare, raja, kurt, and the one or two additional pieces we'll be adding either via the two first round picks or the player(s) we'll acquire by trading those picks.

i truly you hope you come back to this board next year when both squads are at full strength. but judging from your lack of memory, i doubt you'll find the way back . . .

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:

Nice troll post Hoopy.