No Doom and Gloom

nowagimp

Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Just doing what cheese and ouchie have been doing on the Cards board for years - injecting some much needed realism into the discussion.

Face it, we have overachieved. More so than any team in the NBA. God, I love these guys for their guts and effort and I'll be screaming at the TV in a few hours, but we are done.

So, youre rabid cards fans. I understand, you have my deepest sympathy. I'll have to remember that fact about you guys. This year, for the first time in a long time, you may find the pessimistic approach to cards football out of place.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
So, youre rabid cards fans. I understand, you have my deepest sympathy. I'll have to remember that fact about you guys. This year, for the first time in a long time, you may find the pessimistic approach to cards football out of place.

this is so freaking stupid. We're rabid Cards and Suns fans - are excuse us if reality hurts - it hurts us too, doens't mean we're gonna bury our head in the sand and pretend everything's peachy keen.

As far as the Cards - you can't be pessimistic about a team that has sucked for years - it's called realism. Something I can actually see in regards to my favorite teams, whether it's the Suns, Cards or D-Backs.

When most peopleon the board thought we could beat SA last year, it wasn't pessimism talking when I thought we couldn't - it was realism.

When most people on the board thought JJ could come back after 2 games after breaking his face last year, and I didn't and didn't think he'd be much of a factor the rest of the playoffs, that wasn't pessimism, it was realism.

When most people thought Amare would be able to come back, no problemo from microfracture within 4 months and I thought they were crazy, that wasn't pessimism, it was realism.

When most people thought Bell would be back by Game 2 or even Game 3 or even Game 4 and I thought it would be AT LEAST game 5, that wasn't pessimism, it was realism.

See a trend here - I don't get caught up in stupid naivete hope - there's no such thing as magic and we've pretty much all run out of miracles ater numerous ones int he first three rounds.

That being said, if we win tonight - the series goes 7 and I believe we have a great shot of beating Dallas in Dallas - now tell me, is that pessimism?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesebeef is the voice of experience. I've been rooting for the Suns since 1974. I flinch like an oft-whipped dog everytime we wind up in a game or series of note.

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if Amare Stoudemire is a shell of his former self this team has enough weapons and assets to stay very good for at least a couple more years. I think that's the case even if he never returns... which he will.

The Phoenix Suns will re-sign Diaw, and it's not the end of the world if they fail to re-sign Barbosa.

Raja Bell's injury has been huge in this series. I'm not going to argue that the Phoenix Suns would absolutely beat the Dallas Mavericks with a healthy Bell. However they won the first game and have been right there in the last two games without him. The problem is the Phoenix Suns are short on guards. They'll only have three of them who should be seeing time during the playoffs. One of them is playing exhaustive and injured (Nash). One of them is young and inconsistent and undersized (Barbosa), and Bell is out.

Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05