No Doom and Gloom

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:
Throwing in the towel already? Making excuses if the Mavericks win? "We didn't have Amare??" Boo-hoo. Get him back, the Mavericks will beat that team too.

You're an idiot.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
Nash said:
For those of you who were at the game today, what's with the Suns home crowd. You can hear a pin drop if the Mavs go on a run. There was abs no support for the team, the kind of noise from the crowd throughout the game that can help the home team through the tough phases.

Everytime points were scored, you'd hear cheers but after that they just went silent. That was disappointing.

This is what happens when you have a band wagon, rich person crowd (lower level mostly). I get sick of seeing all these corporate types and their trophy wives attending these games, probably just to be "seen"... how many women do you see walking around the arena in tight, skimpy, "clubbing" attire, with 6 inch heels. Yeah, real big Suns fans I'm sure. Sad, but true.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Sports Native said:
This is what happens when you have a band wagon, rich person crowd (lower level mostly). I get sick of seeing all these corporate types and their trophy wives attending these games, probably just to be "seen"... how many women do you see walking around the arena in tight, skimpy, "clubbing" attire, with 6 inch heels. Yeah, real big Suns fans I'm sure. Sad, but true.

LOL this was a great post for the vent thread.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
AZ Sports Native said:

some day you'll have to ask cheese about his adventure in being thrown out of suns game for basically taking it to the "see and be seen" crowd at a suns game. classic stuff for sure.

unfortunately i've experienced it first hand. y'all can imagine that i'm not a quiet fan. well a friend of mine and i were at a game in the lower bowl. we were chit chatting after a day at work and cheering vociferously. two ladies sitting behind us asked to stop talking or cheering so they could enjoy the sounds of the game. STOP CHEERING! for the love of all that's holy!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:
Get him back, the Mavericks will beat that team too.

Just like they did last year...oh wait, we rolled you in six last year, I forgot.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
two ladies sitting behind us asked to stop talking or cheering so they could enjoy the sounds of the game. STOP CHEERING! for the love of all that's holy!

What a waste of perfectly good seats. Yes, please don't make any loud ,sudden noises; these morons might actually discover that they are at a sports event. Please cheer in silence... Makes me want to :barf:

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
guys, love this team, but we're just not that good.

nash is mvp
marion is an on-again-off-again allstar
diaw is an emerging stud
barbosa is an average developing youngster
tim thomas is a retread
james jones is a young deep bench player
eddie house is an end of the bench role player
the rest of our team is either injured or stink

we're just not that good. killer instinct or not, it doesn't make a difference if you don't have the horses. and right now, we don't have the horses. next year we get our thoroughbreeds back.

I agree for the most part on your individual player assessments save James Jones. He was a solid 6th man type until that lingering injury crap that he still hasn't regained his form from. Tim Thomas has also shown he's got a couple solid seasons left in his tank to be sure.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
no, we got this far based on our system, coaching, and depth that we don't have right now. the loss of raja bell is immeasurable. particularly on top of the losses of amare and kurt. it's a plucky team. it's a team with heart. but let's face it, on talent alone, they're not that good.

You are just plain wrong, Ouchie. There are plenty of teams out there that "aren't that good." They're all watching the Suns play in the Western Conference Finals right now.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Just like they did last year...oh wait, we rolled you in six last year, I forgot.

don't forget that last year the Phoenix Suns had almost no bench, and they beat the Dallas Mavericks in 6 games without JJ for 5 of them.

On paper the Dallas Mavericks should be beating the crap out of the Phoenix Suns. I love Steve Nash. He is obviously the best point guard in the NBA, but I do think Mike D'Antoni's system gets little short because of Nash. I agree with Ouchie that on talent alone is Stephen should not be as good as it is.

I obviously want the Phoenix Suns to win to stay and make this a three-game series. I definitely won't be disappointed in this team if they can't pull out this series though. It's not just the missing players. It's that along with this rigorous playoff schedule, and the fact that they are playing a completely healthy, deep team.

Lastly, I think the commentators have been fair to this team. They've talked repeatedly about the injuries, especially the Bell injury. Dallas does deserve credit. They've made adjustments, and their defense looked all lot better in the second half last night.

After the game Magic Johnson said repeatedly that the Phoenix Suns look like they have tired legs. He said that is probably because of the injuries and the games every other night. He's right. What more do we want from these commentators? Certainly we don't want them selling the maverick short over and over and over because we have injuries.

Joe

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
Josh Howard only shot 9-22 when he was being defended by Marion and Marion was the only one rebounding well on the team. After so many great games he gets a free pass by me. He's right at his averages now and I expect him to have a good game Tuesday in a must win game.

Where did you get those numbers for Josh Howard? With all the switching and double-teaming the Phoenix Suns are doing I'm not sure how anyone could come up with those numbers unless they sat there and noted the defense on EVERY Dallas possession where Josh Howard scored.

Joe Mama

Reaction score
"Just like they did last year."

Still living in the past are we? Last year was last year. Get over it. It's gone.

This year is the Mavs year. Live with it.

Next year...best be holding your breath now that Amare comes back as the player he was....cause, it's not looking so good now. But I hope he does so we can give a big spanking to that team too.

Say it out loud...the Dallas Mavericks are owing the Suns. Has a nice ring to it.

Hugs and Kisses,

Dallas

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:

And we did it without Joe Johnson after Jerry Stackhouse fouled him nasty in Game 1.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:

Still living in the past are we? Last year was last year. Get over it. It's gone.

Next year...best be holding your breath now that Amare comes back as the player he was....cause, it's not looking so good now. But I hope he does so we can give a big spanking to that team too.

Say it out loud...the Dallas Mavericks are owing the Suns. Has a nice ring to it.

Hugs and Kisses,

Dallas

God is there better proof of why I have to ban these guys?

See they come in all nice at the start and then disappear after losing a game. Suddenly they get the edge in the series and here comes the troll onslaught.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
See they come in all nice at the start and then disappear after losing a game.

Come on, Chris. This guy has been a jerk since his first appearance. I had already put him on Ignore long before you banned him.

Not all fans of opposing teams are the same. Don't take the easy way out and lump them all together.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
See they come in all nice at the start and then disappear after losing a game.

Come on, Chris. This guy has been a jerk since his first appearance. I had already put him on Ignore long before you banned him.

Not all fans of opposing teams are the same. Don't take the easy way out and lump them all together.

completely agree with e here (i know y'all are surprised). there is a world of difference. trolls are trolls, mavs fans are mavs fans. they are not automatically the same, unless it's the playoffs i guess...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
You are just plain wrong, Ouchie. There are plenty of teams out there that "aren't that good." They're all watching the Suns play in the Western Conference Finals right now.

Chap - this is ridiculous - you're acting like THIS team - the one that we have to play with without Raja is the team that got us to the Conference Finals when it's just so CLEARLY not - this team as it's currently contructed ISN'T THAT GOOD - plain and simple without Raja and to think otherwise is pretty foolish.

Ouchie's not saying anything about a healthy Suns squad, but yhe's loking at what we have to work with and what we have to work with right now ain't all that hot - period. They wouldn't have gotten past the Clips, or the Lakers without Raja.

Hell, that's like saying the year that the Pistons FINALLY beat the Lakers and won the NBA Title even though Magic and Byron Scott were both injured for that series that that Lakers team was still good - they weren't - due to injuries and sadly, the same is true of our team this year. Oh well, those are the breaks (unfortunately - they ALWAYS seem to be the breaks with us!)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other thing to remember is that the Phoenix Suns got a nice path to the Western conference finals because of the seeding rules. Next year the teams will get seeded in order of record if that was the case this year it was that way this year Phoenix still would have played the Lakers in the first round, but it would have been Dallas in the second round.

gdiddy said:
And we did it without Joe Johnson after Jerry Stackhouse fouled him nasty in Game 1.

that wasn't Jerry Stackhouse's fault. Joe Johnson just hung on the rim and caught off balance and landed on his face. He'd been dunking soft all year long and finally decided to really throw one down.

Joe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
The other thing to remember is that the Phoenix Suns got a nice path to the Western conference finals because of the seeding rules. Next year the teams will get seeded in order of record if that was the case this year it was that way this year Phoenix still would have played the Lakers in the first round, but it would have been Dallas in the second round.

Are you kidding me Joe? The Clippers are a good team, a very good team, and the Lakers, while on paper aren't that great, certainly overachieved in their series against us.

I'm so tired of everyone downgrading our team simply because we didn't have to play an old San Antonio team in these playoffs.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:

Hugs and Kisses,

Dallas

Good post, I am a modest suns fan who think that being kind to Dallas trolls will be repayed in WCF victories from the internet gods.

Pls don't ban this guy Chris he is a good poster and a decent fellow.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

that wasn't Jerry Stackhouse's fault. Joe Johnson just hung on the rim and caught off balance and landed on his face. He'd been dunking soft all year long and finally decided to really throw one down.

Joe

heh I agree, on the other hand Shane Battier is a dirty SOB, who deserved to be booed for eternity for what he pulled last year.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Are you kidding me Joe? The Clippers are a good team, a very good team, and the Lakers, while on paper aren't that great, certainly overachieved in their series against us.

I'm so tired of everyone downgrading our team simply because we didn't have to play an old San Antonio team in these playoffs.

I think his point is valid. I mean from a match up stand point there is no doubt that path was easier then if the seeding was different. They would have had to go through San Antonio before even getting through Dallas and the Suns don't match up that well with them.

So nobody is saying the Clips were not a good team. However, the Suns match up well with them. The Lakers series should have never gone 7 no matter what anybody says.

The Suns got the best path possible from a match up standpoint. However, I feel that they may not be able to overcome all the injuries this team has had. They are missing 3 starters and are down 2-1.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

we played two under 50 win teams - got the benefit of not having to play ANY of the top four teams int he west even though we had the third best record - plain and simple, the playoff seeding helped us. The Lakers sucked and the Clippers were a 47 win team that on paper should be a monster, but are really just a decent team and that's pretty much it.

No one's downgrading our team - at least not the team with Raja healthy - but that ain't the team we have now - the team we have now wouldn't have gotten past the first round. Hopefully we can get some kind of miracle tomorrow and tie this sucker up and get Raja back ready for Game 6 - I don't expect him to play Game 5.

We tie it up and it's a three game series and Raja is back for Games 6 and 7, it's still anyone's ball game, but it's looking pretty iffy right now that we tie it up.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

What part of my post are you disputing? the Phoenix Suns did get a nice path to the Western Conference finals. So far they've given the Dallas Mavericks a worthy challenge, and they've done so for the most part without Bell.

I don't know why you're getting so defensive about this. I'm proud of the way this team is playing given the circumstances. on paper this team should not be doing as well against the Mavericks as they are. On paper I wouldn't think they should have beaten the Clippers either (I can't believe those words just came out my mouth).

cheesebeef said:
we played two under 50 win teams - got the benefit of not having to play ANY of the top four teams int he west even though we had the third best record - plain and simple, the playoff seeding helped us. The Lakers sucked and the Clippers were a 47 win team that on paper should be a monster, but are really just a decent team and that's pretty much it.

No one's downgrading our team - at least not the team with Raja healthy - but that ain't the team we have now - the team we have now wouldn't have gotten past the first round. Hopefully we can get some kind of miracle tomorrow and tie this sucker up and get Raja back ready for Game 6 - I don't expect him to play Game 5.

We tie it up and it's a three game series and Raja is back for Games 6 and 7, it's still anyone's ball game, but it's looking pretty iffy right now that we tie it up.

I wouldn't say the Clippers are just a decent team. Despite the fact that Memphis had a better record I think the Clippers are the fourth best team in the Western Conference this year (how can I be saying this?).

I still think the Phoenix Suns have a chance in this series. It's going to be extremely difficult, but they could pull it off. However even if they don't go to the Finals the achievements of the 2005 -06 Phoenix Suns has me extremely excited for next year. I'm excited just to see what they do this summer.

Joe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sure, you're proud of the Suns, we all are. But they didn't just walk into the Western Conference Finals, even though everyone wants to think they did. San Antonio is a tough team, but nearly as tough as everyone thought they would be in these playoffs.

And let's not fool ourselves, the Clippers would have taken Dallas AND San Antonio to the brink, just as they did us.