Official 2006 NFL Draft Thread

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
With the seventh pick, the Raiders select: Michael Huff

Strengths: He has adequate height and is strong for his size. He possesses exceptional speed, especially for his size. He is a very good athlete at the safety position. He is versatile and can play a lot of different roles within a defensive scheme. He is heady and instinctive. He's as tough as it gets. Will fill hard vs. the run and does a good job getting through traffic. Has great range in run support and shows very good closing burst. He is a solid open-field tackler and packs a punch at the POA for a smaller DS. He has adequate size but plays a lot bigger than his measurables would indicate. He has become a punishing sideline-to-sideline run stopper. He has above average range and can continue to improve as he gets better adjusted to playing in so much space. He takes good angles to the ball and shows good closing quickness in coverage. Has above average man-to-man coverage skills for a DS. Has adequate ball skills. Will bat down a lot of passes and does a good job of fighting for the jump ball. He has great physical tools, mental makeup and tackling skills as a future special team's player in the NFL.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk as an NFL safety. Plays like a strong safety but will struggle to match up in the box at the NFL level. Needs to improve his body mass and lower body strength. He has decent but not great ball skills. Still needs to improve his recognition skills in deep coverage. Will be a bit late to diagnose every once in a while and will struggle to make up for it in the NFL like he does in college.

Overall: Huff was an experienced starter who played both DC and SS in his four seasons at Texas. He redshirted in 2001. Started all 13 games (10 at SS, 3 at DC) as a redshirt freshman in 2002. He started 12 of the 13 games he played as a sophomore in 2003, finishing with 66 tackles, six passes broken up and two interceptions. As a junior in 2004, Huff finished with 73 tackles, two interceptions and 14 broken up passes. Huff started all 13 games as a senior in 2005 and finished with 109 tackles, 10 TFL, two sacks, 14 PBU and one interception. Huff benefited from his experience playing both cornerback and safety at the collegiate level. He may wind up fitting more naturally at free safety in the NFL, but he certainly has the speed to be given a chance as a shutdown perimeter cover corner. At the very least he projects as an extremely versatile free safety, as he can play deep in zone coverage, cheat up into the box as an extra linebacker-type in run support and also match up in man-to-man coverage in the slot or on the perimeter. Huff built on the momentum of his strong senior season by showcasing his elite overall physical tools at this year's combine. As such, Huff grades out as the best overall defensive back prospects in the 2006 class and warrants consideration in the top-15 picks overall.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Next up..... Buffalo.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Al Davis and the Raiders are gonna crush our dreams. Davis wants a QB bad and he's prob gonna jump all over Leinart. Hopefully not

They love strong armed QBs and one of the few criticisms of Leinart is that he doesn't have a strong arm

HooverDam

Reaction score
Wow everyone on ESPN is saying Leinart will be a Cardinal- I love it!

He will go past Buffalo, they are sticking w/ Losman. I do worry that Detroit may pick him up though

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG.....

We just need Leinart to go past Buffalo and Detroit!

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Assface said:
OMG OMG OMG.....

We just need Leinart to go past Buffalo and Detroit!

Yup, I'm getting my beer ready.

Everyone.... Operation SHOTGUN BEERS begins in 2 more picks!!!!!! :D

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Agree 100%. Letting "fate" decide who we pick with the 10 spot is crazy. I'm sure Denny and the Cardinals draft board don't have "fate" as a deciding factor in who to take, even if a QB were to fall to us

Well then, let's see if they trade up. Or if they let the chips fall where they may (i.e. fate) and take whichever one falls to them.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Come on, Ernie Sims baby!!!!

:biglaugh:

Leinart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sims

HooverDam

Reaction score
RedStripe27 said:
The only thing that worries me about Detroit is the fact that Huff is now gone. What do they need?

I could see them going WR!

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Assface said:
:biglaugh:

Leinart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sims
Leinart is better than Sims, but not by that large of a margin.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Actually I'd love to get Leinart if we didn't get Sims. Anyone else could rot for all I care.