Official Cards/Panther game thread! 30 minutes and counting!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Atleast St. Louis is losing

Of course they are. And Seattle will lose too. That way, we'll remain one game out of first, win against the Jets next week and be right back in this position again...the taste of a fighting chance in our mouths, quickly filled with the taste of blood as we get bitchslapped. :(

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hopefully this will put an end to the King-manlove threads. It is clear that neither McCown or King are the answer.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I don't want to see McCown again. Ever. Stay with King or go to Navarre.
I don't want to see McCown again next week, or probbaly even the week after. King did some very bad things today, but he also moved the offense like McCown couldn't.

I don't want to see Navarre until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. The, I'd like to see what the kid has, but I suspect he's too immobile in the pocket--that combined with his seemingly non-existent pocket presence might make King look like a guy who takes care of the football in the pocket.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
You prefer King's 5 fumbles and 3 INTs? Interesting

Absolutely. Much more. Because that can be corrected with time spent with the first unit and developing cohesion. Josh's lack of reading defenses and being aggressive is harder to change.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Of course they are. And Seattle will lose too. That way, we'll remain one game out of first, win against the Jets next week and be right back in this position again...the taste of a fighting chance in our mouths, quickly filled with the taste of blood as we get bitchslapped. :(

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :mad:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Hopefully this will put an end to the King-manlove threads. It is clear that neither McCown or King are the answer.
I don't think most of us were claiming King WAS he answer. But, we knew Josh wasn't...so why not see what King has?

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
QB change for Carolina. I will do for all the Cards too. What a disappointment. They can go to hell.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
This team absolutley sucks on the road. Lets be honest, we should have lost to Miami too. I guess the only consolation is that we now know with great certainty that King is just God awful.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

Exactly but I don't remember any King manlove threads other than This_Guy's nonsense. It's beceome very clear that QB will join RB on our offseason wish list.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What a balls out call by Green by going with King..... No way I could of made this call.... No way I can fault him for trying. We will beat the Jets!!!

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
So true. Its like groundhog day.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Exactly but I don't remember any King manlove threads other than This_Guy's nonsense. It's beceome very clear that QB will join RB on our offseason wish list.

Evidently I am a king lover although Ive been calling to bench McCown and wanted to see Navarre :)

Not sure if I would have made that switch on the road though, one game outta first.....

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Absolutely. Much more. Because that can be corrected with time spent with the first unit and developing cohesion. Josh's lack of reading defenses and being aggressive is harder to change.

Ints maybe ... fumbles no Way. I just want to see how McCown would react to being benched for a weeek ... if he stinks bench him, if not keep playing him.

Again no matter how you spin it Carolina has scored 21 points directly off his turnovers.

I just pray one of them does something for the rest of the season

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I don't want to see McCown again next week, or probbaly even the week after. King did some very bad things today, but he also moved the offense like McCown couldn't.

Man, I can not agree with this more. This is the first time that it has looked like our team had a passing offense. King moved the chains. He also turned it over. Stopping turnovers can make moving the chains result in points. I don't see Josh able to do that. He hasn't shown that he can do it in 9 games thus far...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I really could give a crap if we draft a QB or trade for one or sign a FA, as long as they bear some sort of resemblance to an NFL QB, because the three clowns presently on our roster sure as hell don't.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
NYCARDS said:
This team absolutley sucks on the road. Lets be honest, we should have lost to Miami too. I guess the only consolation is that we now know with great certainty that King is just God awful.

Well if we are talking shoulda... We shoulda beat the 49er's. Either way it doesn't matter. We are gonna be 4-6...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I'm not in love with McCown but I bet if you replay the game with him, we either come back in second half to win or lose close but not a blowout like this mainly contributed by King's turnovers. McCown is, unfortunately, the only choice this season.

This loss is solely on the shoulders of Green for making this lousey decision at this time of the season with such an important game.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Man, Darnell Dockett is quick off the snap. He'd be destined for the hall of fame if played for someone besides the Cards.

But now he's probably just destined for Free Agency.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I don't think most of us were claiming King WAS he answer. But, we knew Josh wasn't...so why not see what King has?

Really! you may not have said KING was the answer, but many who I suspect had very rarely seen him play certainly did. JOSH may be the answer, but he's too young to give up on... However, King, well... if today didn't answer that question... nothing will.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05