Official Cards/Panther game thread! 30 minutes and counting!

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
wierwolf said:
So do we draft Walter? Another ASU native? Plummer didn't work here... Can Walter?
I doubt it unless he slips to us like Culpepper I don't see Green drafting a QB on 1st day, maybe 2nd day.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Really! you may not have said KING was the answer, but many who I suspect had very rarely seen him play certainly did. JOSH may be the answer, but he's too young to give up on... However, King, well... if today didn't answer that question... nothing will.
really!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Man, I can not agree with this more. This is the first time that it has looked like our team had a passing offense. King moved the chains. He also turned it over. Stopping turnovers can make moving the chains result in points. I don't see Josh able to do that. He hasn't shown that he can do it in 9 games thus far...
your're crazy... the guy turns the ball over all day and they are behind %99 of the game and you say...Kind moved the chains???

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Man, I can not agree with this more. This is the first time that it has looked like our team had a passing offense. King moved the chains. He also turned it over. Stopping turnovers can make moving the chains result in points. I don't see Josh able to do that. He hasn't shown that he can do it in 9 games thus far...

PLus he had some misreads with WR's. Not knowing the routes. But that can be fixed to. But again. like the radio just stated. the Panthers went to a prevent which making it easier to pass.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I said,
yeah, i'll take a king over McCown, too....at least for the next few weeks.

Yeah so we can watch him turn it over six times next week?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Man, Darnell Dockett is quick off the snap. He'd be destined for the hall of fame if played for someone besides the Cards.

But now he's probably just destined for Free Agency.
Didn't we signed Dockett for a 3 year deal?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
I doubt it unless he slips to us like Culpepper I don't see Green drafting a QB on 1st day, maybe 2nd day.

Walter isn't that highly rated dude ... he might go in the 2nd round. Personally I hope for Alex Smith but I don't know if he'll be available when we pick

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
your're crazy... the guy turns the ball over all day and they are behind %99 of the game and you say...Kind moved the chains???
They showed that we were something like 23% on 3rd downs coming into today...then at the end of the game they showed we were something like 10 of 16 on third. that's moving the chains, especially when you compare it to how Josh moves the chains.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Ints maybe ... fumbles no Way. I just want to see how McCown would react to being benched for a weeek ... if he stinks bench him, if not keep playing him.

Again no matter how you spin it Carolina has scored 21 points directly off his turnovers.

I just pray one of them does something for the rest of the season

I think fumbles are easier to correct than INTs. A lot of those fumbles (and they weren't lost fumbles either) were caused by unfamiliarity with the first unit. Running into the RB, etc.

McCown isn't going to learn how to read defenses by being benched for a week. He might get more aggressive though, and try to go downfield more often...his huge arm is a waste since he doesn't use it.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:

True. Plus we still drafted Navarre last year. So I am unsure if we turn to the draft for another QB... Perhaps pick up a different FA other than King.....

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Walter isn't that highly rated dude ... he might go in the 2nd round. Personally I hope for Alex Smith but I don't know if he'll be available when we pick
I'm not saying he will be in the top 5 in the first round, maybe in the middle of the 1st or late 1st with a good workout.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Yeah so we can watch him turn it over six times next week?
Or we could watch josh pass for 90 yards. What do you think the sciore would be if we threw for 90 yards today and didn't turn it over? I'd imagine it'd be a similar result.

Am I happy with the turnovers? With king's overall preformance? no. but I like our chances with him better than with Josh. that's all.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I take it that you missed the San Francisco game...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wierwolf said:
PLus he had some misreads with WR's. Not knowing the routes. But that can be fixed to. But again. like the radio just stated. the Panthers went to a prevent which making it easier to pass.

They weren't in a prevent until this last drive. They weren't in a prevent the entire second half. You don't get those downfield throws in a prevent...you get the middle of the field stuff.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
They showed that we were something like 23% on 3rd downs coming into today...then at the end of the game they showed we were something like 10 of 16 on third. that's moving the chains, especially when you compare it to how Josh moves the chains.
yeah when the defense was in a prevent for the second half. take away the 5 fumbles, 3 int's, errand throws, poor reads, missed open receivers, batted balls...... King played great :rolleyes:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
I take it that you missed the San Francisco game...

Yeah, I saw the potential there...I thought he had turned a corner. It was an anomoly. He hadn't turned any corner, and after that he regressed.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Or we could watch josh pass for 90 yards. What do you think the sciore would be if we threw for 90 yards today and didn't turn it over? I'd imagine it'd be a similar result.

Am I happy with the turnovers? With king's overall preformance? no. but I like our chances with him better than with Josh. that's all.

Man Pariah, you cannot be serious.

Would you rather have 90 yards passing and a W?

or 250 yards passing and an embarrassing butt kicking?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
King played great :rolleyes:
Who is saying King played great? It says volumes that as bad as he played there are people willing to stick with him over McCown.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Man Pariah, you cannot be serious.

Would you rather have 90 yards passing and a W?

or 250 yards passing and an embarrassing butt kicking?
I'm obviously not talking about the outcome.

I'd rather have 400 yards, 8 TDs and a W, but that aint gonna happen. josh didn't win the game with his 90 yards pasing. the defense won that game, and we got some great calls.

I'd rather have King than McCown.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Meaningless! Up by 28 the Panthers D was playing a a semi-prevent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05