Official Draft Thread

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Dallas there's only 1 other team who might take a RB in the first round.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Would you guys trade the Cards 4th rounder this year along with next years 2nd rounder to get the Patriots second pick?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NE is smart. That is how they win.
They trade for all those extra picks smart. They trade for Dillon smart. Their offensive and defensive schemes are smart. That is how the franchise wins.

DG emphasizes this as well: play smart not just play hard and play physical. You got to be smart to win in the NFL or the draft or FA when there is parity and a system in place to create parity.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CardShark said:
Would you guys trade the Cards 4th rounder this year along with next years 2nd rounder to get the Patriots second pick?
Depends who's on the board, I don't like trading just to be trading unless you are targeting a specific player....yo!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NE is smart. That is how they win.
They trade for all those extra picks smart. They trade for Dillon smart. Their offensive and defensive schemes are smart. That is how the franchise wins.

DG emphasizes this as well: play smart not just play hard and play physical. You got to be smart to win in the NFL or the draft or FA when there is parity and a system in place to create parity.

And then you need a bit of luck. NE was lucky Wilfork fell that far. And that Dillon wanted out of CIN.

I think the Cards had some good luck so far (and OT so did the Vikes).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
JP Loseman. i thought he would have been there in the second ??

Losman would not have made it past the Packers or Rams in the first round. Still its a surprise move in that Dallas traded away their chance at Jackson.

ehale911

Veteran
Reaction score
Dallas gets a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year. As a Cowboy fan, I absolutely hate what just happened.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Buffalo got fleeced with trading up ! Next year's number 1, this years #2 and 5th. WOW !!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
Buffalo got fleeced with trading up ! Next year's number 1, this years #2 and 5th. WOW !!!
That was a desperation trade

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Screw Dallas !! it was a good trade for Dallas, but waht were both teams thinking. I had visions of Emmitt all over again

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
ehale911 said:
Dallas gets a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year. As a Cowboy fan, I absolutely hate what just happened.

:biglaugh: Couldn't happen to a nicer team!!!

This was an absolute disaster for the Cowgirls. Sure, they'll have an extra #1 next year, and some extra picks this year, but screwed themselves over by not taking Jackson. I hope there's a run on RBs early in the 2nd round and the Cowgirls get double screwed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If the Bengals don't take Steven Jackson, and it's certainly no sure thing that they will, he could very well fall to us in the 2nd. No one else has a dire RB need. Only the Titans, IMO, would possibly snap him up.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't see Jackson in Cincy--Rudi Johnson is their guy, he proved he can hack it.

Jackson could go to Rams or Titans...both have aging RBs and no player really sitting in the wings.

If Jackson gets past those 2 teams he may be sitting there for us at 33...unless of course somebody trades up for him(like Cleveland).

ehale911

Veteran
Reaction score
I've heard from a few places that Dallas may be trading back up to pick Jackson, if that happens I'd take back my previous comment, if not, that was a really dumb deal. Bills gave up a lot, but Jackson fits perfectly for Dallas.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the guy they really want at RB is Tatum Bell and they feel he will be there on the 2nd round with the Bills pick. Plus since no RBs have been taken others may be available.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DAL must like a RB who will be there in round 2 they must have their sights set on someone in round 2 they like better. One of the Jones RBs maybe.

(The only team that did not get fleeced in trading today has been MIA only a 4th round pick okay I will take it its better then nothing.)

Cards are going to get their chance at a stud at #33. I think we are going to find out what DG really thinks of Shipp.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, where does Stephen Jackson go?

There is no way he drops to us.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Note to Vikesfan: Lots of messages on Vikes board that Udeze will need shoulder surgery. Don't know what is fact or fiction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05