Official Madden 2006 Arizona Cardinals Roster & Player Ratings..

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
American Idiot said:
Overall most of the players seem overrated. Rating the players is not an exact science. Who is to say Arrington will be worth the rating? Who is to say he won't be better than his rating? No one can predict the year and how well the players will do some will be overrated some underrated. I just hope everyone can beat the 49ers on the game because they can't beat them in real life.

:soapbox:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
American Idiot said:
Overall most of the players seem overrated. Rating the players is not an exact science. Who is to say Arrington will be worth the rating? Who is to say he won't be better than his rating? No one can predict the year and how well the players will do some will be overrated some underrated. I just hope everyone can beat the 49ers on the game because they can't beat them in real life.

For current NFL players, ratings are based on performance. Rookies are based on how their skills, college performance and draft rating could translate to their sucess to the NFL.

Ratings are mostly realitive (sp?) to ones perceptions. And in some cases they are down right laughable and inconsitent (i.e Cardinals defense 70 ovr ranked 12th vs the Seahawks defense 82 ovr ranked 22nd).

No one can predict how the season will unfold. But I see no reason to get on a high horse and conclude that EA shouldn't even bother because we can't predict the future?!

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Is the vision cone the part of the field the QB can throw to? So would it be really small for guys like Vick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Is the vision cone the part of the field the QB can throw to? So would it be really small for guys like Vick.

I think that's the way it works. You should be able to "scan" the field with the R3 stick. Look at screen "2" on the link, and you'll see that Vick's vision cone is not much larger than Matt Schaub's.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Figures, Boldin is open and McCown is looking at our TE. :mad:

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After scanning the other QB's vision cones it looks like EA got this aspect about the game right on. Manning, Favre, Brady and Green (okay, maybe Trent Green isn't in THAT class of vision) are the only QB's with bigger fields of vision than Warner. :thumbup:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ActingWild said:
After scanning the other QB's vision cones it looks like EA got this aspect about the game right on. Manning, Favre, Brady and Green (okay, maybe Trent Green isn't in THAT class of vision) are the only QB's with bigger fields of vision than Warner. :thumbup:

Green has quietly put together some great years. He just gets overshadowed by Priest Holmes and the terrible defence that ruins their playoff hopes every year.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Assface said:
You must be registered for see images attach

Figures, Boldin is open and McCown is looking at our TE. :mad:

McCown has Boldin with 1 on 1 coverage and he's going TE??

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Assface said:
Green has quietly put together some great years. He just gets overshadowed by Priest Holmes and the terrible defence that ruins their playoff hopes every year.

You know what, you're absolutely right. I fell into the "Holmes is all they've got" camp but after looking at Greens numbers he has been an incredibly adept QB in this league the last few years. My bad.