Official New Uni Thread!

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I like them and think they are much sharper than the old ones just noticed the similarity.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OMG! The Cards are finally getting with the times! :)

I love 'em! Especially the Dansby one! That's bad-ass!!!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I know dude. I was just stating why I think people have compared them to the Falcons. :thumbup:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Redsz said:
The Cards have taken elemets from the Falcons jersey's as well as the Bronco's and the Bills. However, we wouldn't be having this discussion if the Falcons didn't make red their primary color and stuck with the black.

The Falcons primary color was red going back to the team's inception. The black was a new thing they started in the 90s.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I was refering to the fact that when the Falcons new uniforms where released the original primary color was black. The change to red was recent.

But yes, you are right. They did wear red for awhile.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redsz said:
The change to red was recent.

But yes, you are right. They did wear red for awhile.
I think the point is that while, yes, the falcons did recently change back to red, they only wore black for a few years in comparison to how many they wore red. Red IS the falcons color and has beeen for a very long time. They only switchd to black during the glanvile era, I think.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
similar to the falcons? sure, but the falcons have alot more black and i dont believe they have a strip on the side of their torso, plus we have a different color red and when the helmet is on it will look even more different.

Thank GOD they didn't go with the black helmet...we would have never heard the end of the falcons comparison!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I think the point is that while, yes, the falcons did recently change back to red, they only wore black for a few years in comparison to how many they wore red. Red IS the falcons color and has beeen for a very long time. They only switchd to black during the glanvile era, I think.

The Falcons wore black when they entered the NFL in 1965. So, you could say that black is their original color.

They wore black until the early 70's when they changed to red. Then the black jerseys came back during the 1990's.

The re-design happened in 2003 (in which black was the primary color).

Then in 04 they changed back to red as the main color.

It's a wash really... :shrug:

And no, I'm not this much of a uniform nerd. :D I used this site to help me out: http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

It's all right Pantone, we don't hold it against you.

BTY Pantone, what do you think of the new duds? You have been waiting longer than most of us to see a change. I'm intreasted to get your thoughts.

I'm personally still trying to come to terms with the new look. It's going to take some getting used too.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Its taken me a full day to let the style set in. I agree with the majority here.

The White and Red jerseys are Sweet!!!!

That will be my next purchase.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Redsz said:
BTY Pantone, what do you think of the new duds? You have been waiting longer than most of us to see a change. I'm intreasted to get your thoughts.

I'm a little mixed. It usually takes me a while to analyze this stuff and form an opinion. My initial reaction was - meh. However, there's a few things I am happy with:

• Black trim - good.
  • Nameplate under the collar - good.
  • Stylized numbers - OK.
Things I'm not so crazy about:

• Side-striping. It's a pet peeve of mine. Not a fan.
  • No logo on the sleeves. Interesting that they put the logo on the back collar. I might be OK with that. At least it's different.
  • Sleeve design pattern. One of my least favorite uniforms in the NFL are the Falcons' unis, and it's because of their harlequin-esque sleeves. They look like something from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and that's REALLY not good. The Cardinals' new sleeves aren't nearly that bad, but they remind me of them a little bit (colors aside).
  • Red pants. I don't like the little swoosh of White in there. Just looks like a mistake to me.
  • Pant stripe pattern. Someone else mentioned this, but I agree that the style looks mismatched with the angular striping on the jersey sleeves, and then they have wavy patterns on the pants.
  • Gray facemasks. I've been over this many times. A Black mask would look great with these uniforms. Since around 1974, the facemask color is the ONE thing I wanted changed more than anything else, and it's the ONE thing that DIDN'T change.
Despite my bitching, I'm not disappointed, but I'm not estatic either.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm with you on the grey face mask issue. They are pure evil. Red, Black or White would look ALOT better. It looks totally out of place with a new, very modern looking design.

I'm also not sure about the logo on the back. I'm just not sure if it looks right there.

seesred

Reaction score
I've read all the comments and looked hard at the new Cardinal jersey and look. At first look on the news yesterday my wife and I both said no big deal. Then I looked closer as you all have at pictures posted and I really like them. They kept the tradition and still changed the look to catch up with the now NFL. I think I like the white jerseys better than the all red look, but in time (if I have any), I'm sure I will like them as much.

My biggest thoughts on the new unis have to do with winning tradition rather than a look tradition. The players said it best, they seam to like the new look and know that the unis don't make the player, the player does.New stadium, new unis, new players, new coaching, old fan and I'm hoping beyond hope that it all means something on the field,

GBR
In Green we trust

chickenhead

Reaction score
I think these uniforms are going to look better in motion, on the field. I'm not a big fan of the red on red in general. And like others, I would have liked to have seen more yellow, perhaps in place of the black.

J4Cards

Veteran
Reaction score
Name Outline

Pantone,

Could you do a mod on the player name, outlined in black? I think that would look better, bolder, and match the number.

J4Cards

PANTONE194C said:
I'm a little mixed. It usually takes me a while to analyze this stuff and form an opinion. My initial reaction was - meh. However, there's a few things I am happy with:

• Black trim - good.
  • Nameplate under the collar - good.
  • Stylized numbers - OK.
Things I'm not so crazy about:

• Side-striping. It's a pet peeve of mine. Not a fan.
  • No logo on the sleeves. Interesting that they put the logo on the back collar. I might be OK with that. At least it's different.
  • Sleeve design pattern. One of my least favorite uniforms in the NFL are the Falcons' unis, and it's because of their harlequin-esque sleeves. They look like something from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and that's REALLY not good. The Cardinals' new sleeves aren't nearly that bad, but they remind me of them a little bit (colors aside).
  • Red pants. I don't like the little swoosh of White in there. Just looks like a mistake to me.
  • Pant stripe pattern. Someone else mentioned this, but I agree that the style looks mismatched with the angular striping on the jersey sleeves, and then they have wavy patterns on the pants.
  • Gray facemasks. I've been over this many times. A Black mask would look great with these uniforms. Since around 1974, the facemask color is the ONE thing I wanted changed more than anything else, and it's the ONE thing that DIDN'T change.
Despite my bitching, I'm not disappointed, but I'm not estatic either.

TruColor

Reaction score
On a somewhat related, yet unrelated note, I came up with this thing for fun:

You must be registered for see images

The Cardinals would have to have a third set of pants in order to make the striping work...I'm not sure I like it myself.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that it was said before but yellow should have been incorporated somewhere and the ideal spot would have been the collar. It is white on the white jersey and cardinal on the cardinal jersey.

The other thing that I think would help is black socks under the white socks. One thing with the all cardinal combination is that there is too much cardinal. Black breaks that up a little bit.

I do think that there should be a petition started and sent to Mr. Bidwill to get over his obsession with the gray facemask, black would work in perfectly with the black piping on the jersey. Let's get one started.

crazedcard

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i've started a poll for that very reason.everybody vote . by the way totally agree about the socks with the red pants there should have been a white sock with red and black included to break up the colors. it is terrible when a team wears the same color socks as pants.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
crazedcard said:
i've started a poll for that very reason.everybody vote . by the way totally agree about the socks with the red pants there should have been a white sock with red and black included to break up the colors. it is terrible when a team wears the same color socks as pants.

Are you sending the results to Mr. Bidwill. I agree when the pants match the long sock it looks awful, Tennessee comes to mind.

TruColor

Reaction score
BIGDADDY_REDBIRD said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25186&item=5199457195&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Anybody want this??? I felt it my duty to help the seller Jack the price up... :D

Wow...I guess nice try by the guy who created that, but there are a number of mistakes in the design:

• Wrong sleeve striping.
  • Wrong number font.
  • Old helmet - it's got the old logo, and the wrong color/style numbers on the back.
  • Wrong pant striping.
Other than that, it's great (!)...

I wouldn't want it anyway - I don't play with dolls...

:D

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05