Official - Texans Sign Leinart

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Leinart to Texans???

ESPNs Adam Schefter is reporting that the Texans have emerged as the front runner to sign Matt Leinart....I could see it as he had an effiecent game against them.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, he's a much better fit in Kubiak's offense than ours. Matt would be nuts not to jump at that opportunity. Schaub is very good, but very fragile.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Would Matt be willing to be the number two QB behind Schaub?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he does sign, I like their 1, 2 punch better than ours at this point.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Wherever he goes, he will be going to a coach that actually wants him. That will be a big difference for his career.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Wherever he goes, he will be going to a coach that actually wants him. That will be a big difference for his career.

:nono:

Wherever he goes, he will be going to a coach who will ONLY want him if he decides to actually give a damn... ;)

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
:nono:

Wherever he goes, he will be going to a coach who will ONLY want him if he decides to actually give a damn... ;)
So which reports are the fans supposed to believe? Up until a week or two ago, he was doing ALL the right things off the field. Now that they decided to cut him we're supposed to believe that they aren't spinning the situation?

This has been a witch hunt in much the same way that Warner was treated and run out of St. Louis.

Coincidence or irony? I get those two confused sometimes.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Wow...local Texans writer implies that Leinart may be signed as the #3 QB. "Would be given a chance to eventually be the backup".

http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/23117402845

Well that would make sense. he would have to learn the play book first. Lets see is they they sign him and then see where he ends up on the depth chart. Wouldn't suprise me if he ended up the 3 at seasons end tho.

freebyrd

Reaction score
So which reports are the fans supposed to believe? Up until a week or two ago, he was doing ALL the right things off the field. Now that they decided to cut him we're supposed to believe that they aren't spinning the situation?

This has been a witch hunt in much the same way that Warner was treated and run out of St. Louis.

Coincidence or irony? I get those two confused sometimes.

plus1 on this

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefter on the Mike & Mike show just announced that the Texans signed Leinart to a one year deal.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefert on the Mike & Mike show just announced that the Texans signed Leinart to a one year deal.

Good place for Matt. With Schaub's injury history, Matt could see the field often this year & audition for a longer-term contract next year. But, I still feel for those poor Texan fans. They have lost so many close ones the past 3 years. Can you imagine that with the game on the line, they will depend on Leinart moving them into fg range & then Rackers kicking with the game on the line.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The texans have said he will be the 3rd QB behind schaub and orlovosky until he can get a grip on the offense

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Maybe only interesting to me but Orlovsky has #7...wonder what number Matt will take. 13?
I was curious about this as well and NFL.com's depth chart shows that no one is wearing #11. I thought one of their receivers had that number but not according to what I recently read.

EDIT: well, hell. I just looked again and Andre Davis has that number(11).