Official - Texans Sign Leinart

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
No, you're putting words in my mouth, (you're ridiculous interpretation) and your logic is laughable at best. I choose not to waste any more time explaining anything to you.

You were a Warner fan boy who turned into a Leinart fan boy, and both of your knights in shining armor left. I understand you're upset, but don't want to discuss either with you, because you can't be rational on either subject.
And I was right about Warner, wasn't I? Right about Leinart too if you think about. Who knows about his future but all of your name-calling doesn't change the fact that I was right.

And I admit that I was bias in Warner's case but now you're trying to say that I can't be rational because I'm such a Leinart homer? What a joke.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Leinart is listed as wearing #9 on the Texans official site if anyone cares. Someone wondered what his number was going to be and I was curious too but I don't remember who it was and in which thread.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word comes from John McClain of the Houston Chronicle that Leinart is only slated to make $600,000 in 2010, with a maximum of $1 million if he reaches incentives.

It's interesting to note that those incentives are tied to his spot on the depth chart, not whether he plays. Leinart gets $23,125 for each game he's designated the team's backup, rather than the inactive No. 3 quarterback.

Even if Leinart was the backup all 16 weeks -- which won't happen -- the salary must be humbling for him. It's a huge reduction from the $2.5 million he was slated to make in Arizona, and less than half of what Texans backup Dan Orlovsky will make.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/07/matt-leinart-took-a-big-pay-cut/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, your two paragraphs ARE laughable. Whis didn't turn Warner around, at most he gave him a chance to play.

Warner had gotten THREE different teams who gave him a chance to play and he FAILED MISERABLY with everyone of them. Plain and simple. Not giving Wiz credit there when he's the only difference in the constant sucking of Warner's career post 2001 is ridiculous.

And considering how much confidence he has shown in Leinart, it wasn't like the decision to go with Warner in '08 and give him that chance to play was much of decision. It's not like he really wanted to start Leinart.

nothing but speculation.

And are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that it was Ben's play that led the Steelers to a Super Bowl win in '05?

are you going to honestly put words into my mouth completely twisting what I said? Read my posts again... you know, the ones where i SPECIFICALLY said Ben's play that tore through THE AFC PLAYOFFS led them to the Super Bowl. Team did the rest from there, but for three games, that 2nd year rookie, who apparently wasn't developed by Wiz, played like a freaking beast, well enough to win 3 games on the road in the playoffs with pretty damn good numbers.

Ben did even less than Dilfer did for the Ravens in '00 and was downright terrible in the SB. That Steelers team wasn't about Ben being a miracle rookie(which he was) it was about defense and running the ball.

And after that SB win, Roethlisberger couldn't wait to get rid of Whisenhunt.

so the suspected rapist who's players just DEMOTED him from being Captain didn't like the guy who was riding him... great. Doesn't change the fact that Wiz took a rookie, molded him into a guy able to be QB for a 15-1 team (2nd best record of all time) then had him play GREAT football throughout the AFC Playoffs to carry that team to a Super Bowl where the rest of the team carried him.

Which is the point. Whis has many great qualities as a HC but identifying and developing QB's haven't proved to be on the list.

Wiz came in to a franchise who was ALL Leinart's and within two weeks of the season, he was able to ID that the guy who had been completely washed up for years needed to start playing and before that, he developed another QB who in his first two years was the QB for a two-time AFC Title Finalist and Super Bowl Winner.

Yeah... that guy sucks at that job!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Warner had gotten THREE different teams who gave him a chance to play and he FAILED MISERABLY with everyone of them. Plain and simple. Not giving Wiz credit there when he's the only difference in the constant sucking of Warner's career post 2001 is ridiculous.
It isn't plain and simple at all and the fact that you're ignoring what actually happened to further your argument means you're just trying to be contradictory.
nothing but speculation.
So you're saying that Whis has shown a ton of confidence in Leinart? Even in retrospect?

I'm going to stop right here because you clearly aren't capable of having a conversation about Whisenhunt that doesn't involve absolute adulation. I'm particularly surprised and a little annoyed that you think you could educate me on what really happened with Warner.

But, I'll leave you with this so you can get some sleep tonight:

Whis is great at every aspect of coaching and every decision he makes is above question.

Happy now?