Okay - folks - pass the crow this way

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
I said he's not media savvy, he's not.

I kind of disagree on the media savvy take.
Somebody who's not media savvy (ESPECIALLY a GM) doesn't have their own radio show.

Ferguson. Now that's an example of not being media savvy.
Just shrug your shoulders. Give the company line. And get outta Dodge before you end up breaking something in public. Sure thing Bob.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Media savvy...

Rod Graves is skilled in the use of the english language. You must listen closely to what he says, without any preconceived notions about what you expected him to say.

I listen very closely to what Mr. Graves says, I've never heard him lie, or even take any liberties in interviews. He does try to answer tough questions, and when he does that, he has to protect his position.

So if he's asked: When will you have all the draft picks signed?

He can't answer that question, he only has control over 1/2 of the process.

So he answers: We're going to do everything we can to have these players in camp on time.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Floridacard
Well, I guess Rugby was right all along. He is wise beyond his beers and from now on he is the message board messiah that I will listen to.

ALL HAIL THE KOOL-AID KING!

Oh Goodness. I am flattered but please for the sake of all mankind don't listen to me too much. I am glad I have actually made some good points amongst the heaps and heaps of BS that I put on this message board.
A messiah? hehehe. I think that is would be a cue to the end of the world. But if I was the Cardinals would be getting all the calls their way, and the ball would be bouncing right into there hands on every fumble, and every tipped ball!

Peace
:p

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Okay - folks - pass the crow this way

Originally posted by FischerKing
Very funny. :thumbup:

Alright, I don't post in the Cardinals section very often even though I'm a huge football fan - I just happen to be a Packers fan and couldn't care much about the Cards as they typically screw up another season. However, I'm very happy for you all this morning. It's great to see that you are not even a full week into camp yet and you have all your draft picks signed.

Congrats and I hope you all have a good season!

Shawn

Thanks man.

BTW I have always like Farve, and especially Ahmad Green. Green is a beast!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
If we have to listen to rugby all the time i might go insane. He OD's on the kool-aid. I can drink some today but 2mora is a different story.:D

I agree. And I have to listen to myself all day! Hence I have already gone insane. :thumbup:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay - folks - pass the crow this way

Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
Thanks man.

BTW I have always like Farve, and especially Ahmad Green. Green is a beast!

I was actually quite upset when they first traded for him because of all his fumbling issues, but he's been holding on the ball much better since he's been wearing the green & gold.

Anyway, let's not take away the limelight from the Cards on this thread - it's not often you guys get news and action like this.

Congrats again. :thumbup:

Shawn

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"AND PASS A BIG FREAKING BOWL!" because though I don't consider myself a "darksider" after a full decade of Season Ticketing I NEVER thought Mr. Graves & the front office would get everyone in camp. Can I get some teriyaki for my crow please?

Thanks, Rod & the front office... (Now theres something I thought I'd never write!):thumbup:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Cheesebeef

don't feel too bad. If Graves had been forced to stay with the same limitations used in past seasons, these deals wouldn't have been done. Keep in mind he has been negotiating for a couple of years now and this is the first time he's got it done, because in the past the guidelines were nearly impossible and just created resentment.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Harry
Cheesebeef

don't feel too bad. If Graves had been forced to stay with the same limitations used in past seasons, these deals wouldn't have been done. Keep in mind he has been negotiating for a couple of years now and this is the first time he's got it done, because in the past the guidelines were nearly impossible and just created resentment.

Harry - it ain't a matter of feeling bad my man - IT'S FEELING GOOD! I know what you're saying though and the risk of being labeled again - the signing of these guys doesn't obliterate all my negative feelings toward Rod and the Job he's done so far, but HE has given me hope, which I will readily admit that before yesterday I had none of and that is why I am so positive - here's too Graves continuing to make me eat crow this season!

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Harry - it ain't a matter of feeling bad my man - IT'S FEELING GOOD! I know what you're saying though and the risk of being labeled again - the signing of these guys doesn't obliterate all my negative feelings toward Rod and the Job he's done so far, but HE has given me hope, which I will readily admit that before yesterday I had none of and that is why I am so positive - here's too Graves continuing to make me eat crow this season!

Hey if he signs Big Daddy Wilkenson will that push ya over the edge??? :D :D :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05