Olympic team

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
carey said:
You can't use that as an argument. No one plays defense at those things and _clearly_ Amare is the more selfish player.
How is amare 'clearly' the more selfish player? On the fact that Booz averaged 0.6 more assits than amare last year? What are you basing this on?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think any Euro can guard Iverson one on one.

I think this team will be an outstanding representation at the Olympics.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Eric, keep it down! Do you want to get kicked off the board?

I know this is a joke, but let it go already. Nobody has been kicked off the board, and they won't for stuff like this.

In the NBA I think Amare Stoudemire is much better right now than Carlos Boozer. If you asked every GM in the NBA which of these two guys they would take even if neither one of them would improve almost every one would take Amare Stoudemire.

That said, I agree with Eric that Carlos Boozer may be a better player in the Olympics. He has a better midrange shot. That's the only thing that worries me about this team. There are no shooters. I don't know whether Michael Redd turned down an invitation, but he would have been a better choice than several of the people on the team.

Joe Mama

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
This team doesn't have pure shooters, or a pure PG, or anybody besides Duncan who can defend the post and also hit a mid-range jumper. They also have too many players who need to come in with the right attitude (i.e. as role players) to help the team, and at least a couple of them won't do that.

Losing Mike Bibby was the killer, probably the straw that broke this team's back.

I will be very surprised if they wind up winning a gold medal; if another team can keep it close until crunch time, the U.S. will probably find some way to fall apart. It will take a great coaching job by LB to even get this team to the point where they're looking like the favorite in the early stages of the Olympic tournament.

fordronken

Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I don't think any Euro can guard Iverson one on one.

I think this team will be an outstanding representation at the Olympics.

Or Marbury or Wade or Duncan for that matter. Most of these guys would be able to beat a euro one-on-one nine times out of ten. The problem, though, comes when you add eight more people on the floor.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Or Marbury or Wade or Duncan for that matter. Most of these guys would be able to beat a euro one-on-one nine times out of ten. The problem, though, comes when you add eight more people on the floor.

The fact that we're basically playing euro rules now factors into this in a big way.

fordronken

Reaction score
devilalum said:
The fact that we're basically playing euro rules now factors into this in a big way.

And against a group of guys who've played quite a bit with each other. Kind of like Marbury, Marion and Stoudemire...but with chemistry.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Anyone else curious to see how Lebron and Boozer play together? Usually I expect old teammates to forgive and forget, like Amare/Marbury will.

However, Boozer screwed the cavs pretty bad. Worse than Dice did to us (at least he didn't agree to resign). Also, it will still be pretty fresh in Lebron's mind.....

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
However, Boozer screwed the cavs pretty bad.

Are you serious? The Cavs screwed themselves over.

If you were given the choice between 30Mil and 68Mil which one would you choose? Boozer maintains he never had an agreement with the Cavs and how could he? Deals of that type are illegal.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amare is much better. Boozer's game is very one dimensional, he mostly gets clean-up buckets.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake