On FTB today: I think Boldin trade rumor is true!!!

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
I ain't happy about it, but here is what I think Denny and co. are thinking....

It's obvious they don't like Henry. He's not a burner, not like one that they want. Bennett is a burner that fits Denny's style. We would also gain another 2nd round pick, or better hopefully since Vikes have 2 first rd picks. Extra picks is definitely something Denny has said he wants. Our RB issue will be addressed, so our #8 pick they would use that to pick the best WR still available, Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards, to replace Q.

I also listened to Bidwill speak on MJ show this morning. Even though he said that they are trying to hammer a deal for Q and that likely it will get done. So, I am hearing conflicting reports between the 2 shows. But, when Bidwill was asked about RB, he said, well if we don't get one at #8, then there are several great ones we can land in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds. So to me, Bidwill was hinting at not drafting one at #8. Which to me, leaves wide open the #8 pick for a WR to replace Q.

I know this is alot of reading between the lines, but I am getting strong vibes that this is their intentions. Also, with a new contract for Q, he wants a big signing bonus now, so that would tear into our cap room, and not allow us to sign all of the 6 or so FA's that they want.

I hate this as much as y'all do, but I'm really getting some strong vibes that this is what our near future holds for us....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's FTB and Bidwill actually said that on MJ's show - how come no one else said anything about that?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
what's FTB and Bidwill actually said that on MJ's show - how come no one else said anything about that?

dont question him, he has strong vibes.

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

FTB is From the Bleachers on 1060am from 9a-1p. I also said up there that I listened to Bidwill speak on the MJ show, which was at 8am. EC was talking about it on FTB, Bill Lewis was off today....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and as you said last night, you so know the cards want to be the first franchise to draft a wr in the first round in three straight drafts!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
FTB is From the Bleachers on 1060am from 9a-1p. I also said up there that I listened to Bidwill speak on the MJ show, which was at 8am. EC was talking about it on FTB, Bill Lewis was off today....

gotcha - I wouldn't throw myself off a bridge if this happened. Myabe we gte our RB, we go out and sign Plax - who the market has SEVERELY cooled on and then we can do ANYTHING with the 8th pick. Actually, not a bad scenario.

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
and as you said last night, you so know the cards want to be the first franchise to draft a wr in the first round in three straight drafts!

You got me confused with somebody else homey cause I never said that anywhere, never even thought that, till today after the show....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
You got me confused with somebody else homey cause I never said that anywhere, never even thought that, till today after the show....

he was talking to me Vol.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there does seem to be an awful lot of chatter about this

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
there does seem to be an awful lot of chatter about this

Well, like I said, I don't like it. It'll just be another bonehead decision from the organization :mad:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where there's smoke there's usually fire. I just hope this particular fire gets put out before it hurts us. Trading boldin is a bad, bad move, IMO.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Bidwill denied it flat out. The Vikings denied it flat out. PFW even said there was no truth to it. Vikings are gettin Plaxico Burress why would they get Boldin to. We should all put thus behind us, and if its brought up again the person should be banned.

BOLDIN-FOR-BENNETT RUMORS OFF THE MARK

We received several e-mails on Thursday regarding a rampant rumor that the Vikings will trade running back Michael Bennett and a second-round or third-round pick to the Cardinals for receiver Anquan Boldin.

Although we prefer to monger rumors in lieu of debunking them, we've checked around on this one and we've concluded that there's nothing to it.

Although Boldin has been angling for a new contract, there's no reason to believe the Cardinals will move him. Coach Dennis Green likely didn't enter the Randy Moss sweepstakes because the Cards are stocked at the receiver position. If Green wanted to move Boldin, why not offer Boldin plus a pick or two for Moss?
Bennett, on the other hand, is a guy who surely could be had, for the right price. The Vikings have a glut of running backs -- and with the team likely shifting its focus to an inside running game that will hopefully open up the passing options, the speedy, fra-gee-lay Bennett simply doesn't fit the new profile.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I'm all for this trade.

That's painful.

I'm wearing Boldin whenever I'm wearing a Cards jersey. I have a Boldin autographed football. I've got about 40 of his rookie cards (thanks to a certain poster who will remain nameless because I don't have the heart to gloat about the fleecing that happened on Ebay that one fateful afternoon).
He's the first player in my nine years as a season ticket holder that actually represented something truly positive in a tangible, results, attitude, NFL record setting, production, we're-going-forward-and-kiss-my-ass-if-you-don't-like-it kind of way. All the while outwardly humble. The professional, professional way.

That said, Michael Bennett and their second rounder goes a long way toward accomplishing our goal, which is to win the Superbowl. Not to get to .500. Not to win the weakest division in football. Not any of that "respectability" ********. That's for chumps. That's for losers.

Fitzgerald isn't going anywhere. Neither is his contract. You knew this would be a problem when we drafted him. That's not to say that Fitzgerald is any better or worse, it's to say that Boldin produces and is laughably underpaid, while at the same time Fitzgerald will produce and is IMO, currently, vastly overpaid.

Boldin vs Bennett: Who wins the battle of 100% healthy? That's what it comes down to.
If in the mean time we can turn another second rounder into another gem, which I'm more inclined to bet on come April 2005, then we're that much better off while the value of each is played out over the next, who knows how many years. Right now I think it's a wash. Boldin's the man, but I will always place a higher priority on the running back, because that position makes it all go. ALL of it. We get a 1500 yard back and I guarantee you Scott Player will do something about that face mask. And I'll further wager that Josh McCown (and John Navarre [he's not to be left out of any QB discussion, just wait]) as well as our line, suddenly look, oh, about a million times better.

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Bidwill denied it flat out. The Vikings denied it flat out. PFW even said there was no truth to it. Vikings are gettin Plaxico Burress why would they get Boldin to. We should all put thus behind us, and if its brought up again the person should be banned.

BOLDIN-FOR-BENNETT RUMORS OFF THE MARK

Like I said in my post Law, I was getting conflicting reports from the MJ show with what Bidwill said (yes I know he denied it, I posted that), and the FTB show where they were talking something completely different :shrug:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Bidwill denied it flat out. The Vikings denied it flat out. PFW even said there was no truth to it. Vikings are gettin Plaxico Burress why would they get Boldin to.

I hadn't heard the Plax talk - that would make a HELL of a lot of sense for them.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Where there's smoke there's usually fire. I just hope this particular fire gets put out before it hurts us. Trading boldin is a bad, bad move, IMO.

It would'nt be the end all. I like Boldin and all, I think he's a winner. He's just so much like Fitzgerald they could be twins. Fitz is probobly a little faster. He's definately taller. But their games are similar. We might want someone who compliments Fitz better. I don't know how they plan to do that. I do think that Bryant Johnson is ready for the next step, and they might give him a bigger role now. He's ready IMO. They'd need to get someone else too.

This trade would save them big signing bonus $$$$$$$$ to bring in more talent. Which everyone can pretty much agree we do need in alot of areas, still.

As for Plex i co. :nono:

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
Don't read between the lines. And read and listen to what is actually being said. I think this is BigRedVol's plan not the Cardinals plan!

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Cats said:
Don't read between the lines. And read and listen to what is actually being said. I think this is BigRedVol's plan not the Cardinals plan!

Its my guess that there is nothing good on the main board to chat about, as usual, which is why you're here. But if you knew how to read better, instead of opening up your lips, then you would know that there are conflicting stories being told by the 2 different talk shows. Why would I want this plan. Q is my fav Card. Maybe you could negotiate with the Vikes. Your mouth would scare them away from any trade for sure
You must be registered for see images

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
Its my guess that there is nothing good on the main board to chat about, as usual, which is why you're here. But if you knew how to read better, instead of opening up your lips, then you would know that there are conflicting stories being told by the 2 different talk shows. Why would I want this plan. Q is my fav Card. Maybe you could negotiate with the Vikes. Your mouth would scare them away from any trade for sure
You must be registered for see images

Ok, there's obviously some prior history here, but c'mon bro, Cats hasn't done anything wrong. Help me out here. No need to provoke.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
Why would I want this plan.

Maybe its some evil plan, that you haven't yet cut ties with the Titans and you figure that is one way to even the score next year. Whats next trade Berry for Steve McNair.:shrug:

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Ok, there's obviously some prior history here, but c'mon bro, Cats hasn't done anything wrong. Help me out here. No need to provoke.

How could you guess on the prior history :D

I didn't provoke, look at her post, she provoked, I responded ;)

OP
OP
B

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Maybe its some evil plan, that you haven't yet cut ties with the Titans and you figure that is one way to even the score next year. Whats next trade Berry for Steve McNair.:shrug:

How am I gonna plan for the Cardinals :confused:

It's a theory.......keyword: THEORY!!!

And nope, I ain't cut ties with the Titans, why should I?? Just because I move here, that means I gotta dis them?? I don't see too many snowbirds dissing their old hometown team, but yet again, I don't see too many snowbirds supporting the Cards either. They're not rivals, and I could care less if you cannot see my stance. I love 2 NFL teams, Cards and Titans, in that order. Deal with it!!!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
I didn't provoke, look at her post, she provoked, I responded ;)

Looking back, you're right. Mention somebody personally and there's bound to be a response.
Carry on. Beers on me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05