One more move...what's BC up to?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is one move away from being prepared for the season, and a significant run. We all know its the 5. What's your take.

Trade or FA signing? Wow. Could be either. Casey is expendable and has value. His age, progress, leadership, and reasonable contract all make him valuable in trade. Teams like Charlotte, Utah, and Orlando might have an interest. I am not sure what they could offer.

I say its a signing, just because that is more within our power.

Who then? While its not flashy. . .Traylor gets my vote. Its not what I would like best, but its what I think is most likely to happen. Traylor doesn't make us a championship contender though. A good trade might.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Traylor - A Cheaper Jahidi?

Robert Traylor
New Orleans Hornets
Position: F-C
Height: 6-8 Weight: 284
College: Michigan '99
Player file | Team stats

2003-04 Statistics
PPG 5.1
RPG 3.7
APG .6
SPG .55
BPG .52
FG% .505
FT% .547
3P% .400
MPG 13.3

Jahidi White
Phoenix Suns
Position: C-F
Height: 6-9 Weight: 290
College: Georgetown '98
Player file | Team stats

2003-04 Statistics
PPG 4.2
RPG 4.2
APG .1
SPG .40
BPG .82
FG% .521
FT% .500
3P% .000
MPG 14.0

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
Nah, Tractor is a much better 3 point shooter. :p

Somehow, I don't think the fact that he hit 2 of 5 three point shots will be a deciding factor. :p

What might matter is the he ranked #7 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(5.4) Ranks #18 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(13.4).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Trailer will do fine.

With him and the other summer additions the last piece left to the puzzle is Amare.

If Amare can elevate his game to superstar status this year the Suns are a top 4 team in the west. They'll have a fantastic backcourt a dynamic 3 that doesn'y need plays run for him and potentially one of the top 3 power players in the game.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Trailer will do fine.

With him and the other summer additions the last piece left to the puzzle is Amare.

If Amare can elevate his game to superstar status this year the Suns are a top 4 team in the west. They'll have a fantastic backcourt a dynamic 3 that doesn'y need plays run for him and potentially one of the top 3 power players in the game.

BTW, I've been misspelling Traylor's name too.

I know there are some who question whether D'Antoni is the best coach for this team, but the one thing he was able to do was to get them to play hard. I think that will become a trademark of this year's team. With the added plus that they will have enough depth and be able to press the entire game. Guys will be going to the floor and fighting for the ball, because if they don't, someone else will come in that will.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
BTW, I've been misspelling Traylor's name too.

I know there are some who question whether D'Antoni is the best coach for this team, but the one thing he was able to do was to get them to play hard. I think that will become a trademark of this year's team. With the added plus that they will have enough depth and be able to press the entire game. Guys will be going to the floor and fighting for the ball, because if they don't, someone else will come in that will.
There was one major change in coaching that could hurt and that was losing Tim Grgrich, he's in Portland now.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
There was one major change in coaching that could hurt and that was losing Tim Grgrich, he's in Portland now.

I hope he took plenty of headache medication. He'll need it. :p

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we get another player without making a trade, who goes on the IR? Vroman, Eisley, Lampe, the new guy?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Griffin said:
If we get another player without making a trade, who goes on the IR? Vroman, Eisley, Lampe, the new guy?

You mean assuming someone isn't injured? :D

At this point, Eisley seems unlikely to get any minutes unless they choose to showcase him. Even if the Suns get another big man, it will still leave the Suns with only five inside guys. Last year the Suns carried six big guys, so with five they all have at least a chance of getting minutes in a case of a lot of fouls.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Griffin said:

unless someone is actually injured I think it is going to be Howard Eiseley.

Joe Mama

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Traylor in a Suns uniform and Eisley on IR would be the perfect end to the summer.

You know, it's only been about two weeks since the Suns were the spendthrifts of the summer, and now they're looking like the best bargain-hunters in the FA market. Unbelievable. :lol:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Eisley on the IR, that's over $6M of money sitting out with "back spasms." I guess it's not much worse than bench-warming, but can anyone recall another player with such a high salary who was stashed on the IR due to lack of room on the active roster? I think Googs was on the active roster whenever he was healthy enough to play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, it's only been about two weeks since the Suns were the spendthrifts of the summer, and now they're looking like the best bargain-hunters in the FA market. Unbelievable.

The Suns appear to have spent their money wisely going for quality players over position players. Adding Nash and Q without giving up their core players was perhaps the best or (near the best) of any other team involved in this summer's free agent market.

Now if Bryan can just find us a big man or two that know how to defend, rebound and block some shots we'll be set. I'm thinking role players unless a trade is being considered.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So assuming that there aren't any trades who would you prefer to sign to the vet minimum ... Traylor, Pryzbilla, or Scott Williams?

Since we need defense I prefer Pryzbilla

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
So assuming that there aren't any trades who would you prefer to sign to the vet minimum ... Traylor, Pryzbilla, or Scott Williams?

Since we need defense I prefer Pryzbilla

Traylor, since we need bulk. :p

Also, I think Traylor can contribute a little more on offense than Przybilla, which (at the very least) makes a decent tie-breaker.

Maximus

Reaction score
I think we are forgetting...the magic word has been "shocking". Traylor is not shocking, and I don't think Pryzbilla is, either. With Q's contract, and with an overload at G, there's no way that the Suns go after a free agent center. There is a "shocking" trade brewing that will bring a solid/top tier/positive impact big man to the Suns.

The only way I see this happening is if we say goodbye to Marion and/or Eisely's contracts to be able to pay big-guy salary.

Maximus

Maximus

Reaction score
...in addition, I don't think BC would have made the comment to the effect of "yeah, it's great, but I'm working on something else" if he were looking to bring a vet minimum guy on board. No WAY. If Q were the last major move for the Suns, BC would be milking it, and not saying "hold on, I'm not done yet". I have a feeling that something has been in the works for a while, and getting Q was a major domino to bring the deal about.

Suns have been saying all along that they needed to get bigger, and that's all there is left to do before next seasion.

Maximus

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't think BC would have made the comment to the effect of "yeah, it's great, but I'm working on something else" if he were looking to bring a vet minimum guy on board. No WAY. If Q were the last major move for the Suns, BC would be milking it, and not saying "hold on, I'm not done yet". I have a feeling that something has been in the works for a while, and getting Q was a major domino to bring the deal about.

I have to say I agree with you. That's really a bold statement from a GM who has just landed a pretty highly regarded free agent. The "shocking" thing is from some radio idiot, so I don't put much stock in that, but Colangelo's comment today is a whole different kettle of fish.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I don't think BC would have made the comment to the effect of "yeah, it's great, but I'm working on something else" if he were looking to bring a vet minimum guy on board. No WAY. If Q were the last major move for the Suns, BC would be milking it, and not saying "hold on, I'm not done yet". I have a feeling that something has been in the works for a while, and getting Q was a major domino to bring the deal about.

I have to say I agree with you. That's really a bold statement from a GM who has just landed a pretty highly regarded free agent. The "shocking" thing is from some radio idiot, so I don't put much stock in that, but Colangelo's comment today is a whole different kettle of fish.

It's possible that there's a 'domino deal' coming, but I wouldn't count on it.

Remember that the Suns still need to add a rotation player at C, and all they have left to offer is the proverbial 'coke and a smile'. If it's a really big smile, maybe the team's targeted scrub will feel better about his small coke with no refills.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Remember that the Suns still need to add a rotation player at C, and all they have left to offer is the proverbial 'coke and a smile'.

Huh? The Suns do have players with trade value on their roster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05