OT: Brian Flores Suing NFL Alleging Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The match fixing might turn into something big. I doubt the rest will. Evidence feels flimsy. Also you can argue that they've made a mockery of the Rooney rule, but it feels very dishonest to pretend that Daboll being hired over Flores is because of skin color.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The match fixing might turn into something big. I doubt the rest will. Evidence feels flimsy. Also you can argue that they've made a mockery of the Rooney rule, but it feels very dishonest to pretend that Daboll being hired over Flores is because of skin color.
Agreed...I think it's more pointing to that mockery and embarrassment for himself, believing it's a legitimate interview.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe
· 44m
Message I got from Brian Flores and His team About this lawsuit: “It was time to stop being quiet about the injustices that are happening. This was long overdue. There’s plenty of racism that need to be exposed.”

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
a few thing pop out on this:

1. Just enough first hand inside scoop (Belichek texts, the Stephen Ross stories, the Elway story) to make this stay in the news beyond just the allegations.

2. By naming the entire NFL and showing an alleged fact pattern across the league -- this feels like an invitation to other black coaches to make it a class action lawsuit -- which would terrify the NFL imo. (note: while I've had more legal experience than I care for, I am not a lawyer -- love for an attorney to weigh in here).

3. The threat of discovery alone might compel a giant settlement from the NFL.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
a few thing pop out on this:

1. Just enough first hand inside scoop (Belichek texts, the Stephen Ross stories, the Elway story) to make this stay in the news beyond just the allegations.

2. By naming the entire NFL and showing an alleged fact pattern across the league -- this feels like an invitation to other black coaches to make it a class action lawsuit -- which would terrify the NFL imo. (note: while I've had more legal experience than I care for, I am not a lawyer -- love for an attorney to weigh in here).

3. The threat of discovery alone might compel a giant settlement from the NFL.
I bet there are about 5 owners all calling Eric Bienemy right about now...See, we hired a black coach.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Only thing I expect from this is Flores not getting another coaching opportunity for quite a while. Dolphins may get a fine/loss of draft pick, but even that will be just a slap on the wrist. Seriously hope Flores has more evidence...otherwise he's essentially ended his NFL career.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Only thing I expect from this is Flores not getting another coaching opportunity for quite a while. Dolphins may get a fine/loss of draft pick, but even that will be just a slap on the wrist. Seriously hope Flores has more evidence...otherwise he's essentially ended his NFL career.
If he was offered the money, I wonder if he actually earned any payments. I know some have mentioned Ross being upset that Flores kept winning, but he still didn't win every game. If he even got 1 payment, there's probably a money trail.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Are legal filings really this redundant?

I'm surprised that Flores decided that now was the time to end his NFL Coaching career -- and maybe his coaching career outside of, like high school, right now. It seemed like he should've been a hot candidate.

Even if everything he said in the filing is true, hard to imagine any franchise hiring him.
Bingo.

I don’t have the answers on how to solve the HC issues, but Flores basically killed his HC future in the NFL.

This is going to get ugly

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my phone and they’re too small for me to read - any juicy tidbits?

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don't think he cares about getting another job imo....the inequities within the league are far more important to him I'd bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.