OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was, and am, talking about the dichotomy of certain crimes, and how those crimes are viewed in the public, versus certain other crimes.

Maybe some in the general public treats these crimes differently, but there are still many of us that do not.

Being that this is an Arizona Cardinals message board I seriously doubt too many people here "love Michael Irvin."

In my mind, Irvin will always be remembered as a coke-head just like Warren Moon is a wife-beater.

I think we can all agree that any preferential treatment based on celebrity SUCKS. These clowns/criminals should be treated the same as anyone else.

Also - We shouldn't feel sorry for an athlete who drives drunk, kills someone, and then is unable to drive for a period of time (should be forever, IMHO). Just like we shouldn't feel sorry for someone who murdered dogs and is then unable to own one.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some in the general public treats these crimes differently, but there are still many of us that do not.

Being that this is an Arizona Cardinals message board I seriously doubt too many people here "love Michael Irvin."

In my mind, Irvin will always be remembered as a coke-head just like Warren Moon is a wife-beater.

I think we can all agree that any preferential treatment based on celebrity SUCKS. These clowns/criminals should be treated the same as anyone else.

Also - We shouldn't feel sorry for an athlete who drives drunk, kills someone, and then is unable to drive for a period of time (should be forever, IMHO). Just like we shouldn't feel sorry for someone who murdered dogs and is then unable to own one.

Yes, but Vick has paid his debt to society. And, seeing as we are a part of society, we can no longer hold or share a negative opinion of the man.

Steve

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Vick has paid his debt to society. And, seeing as we are a part of society, we can no longer hold or share a negative opinion of the man.

Steve

Part of his debt/punishment is not owning a dog yet here he is telling us "I'd like to own a dog."

I am part of society but not if that means giving up my negative opinion of Vick and anyone else that abuses, tortures, and kills dogs or other animals.

I think he got off easy considering he was not the most lawful individual before this.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Actually, I thought a sarcasm ICON would have been redundant.

Steve

Yeah, I've said some things that are pretty damned off of the wall and some have not gotten the sarcasm. Intelligent people too so you can't be too careful.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've said some things that are pretty damned off of the wall and some have not gotten the sarcasm. Intelligent people too so you can't be too careful.

When it is a serious issue that people are passionate about...it is easy to misread sarcasm.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it is a serious issue that people are passionate about...it is easy to misread sarcasm.

I know, and I don't mind baiting people occasionally either. In this case, however, since I was enhancing someone else's already extreme position I thought the sarcasm label was unnecessary. My bad (not sarcasm).

Steve

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vick gets key to city of Dallas and a bunch more about his new attitude towards dogs. :bang:

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reformed yeah right

Gooddell just can't win. Dude's a felon on probation and just can't show remorse. Dude had the perfect opportunity to use this reporter to show some and he just walked away. He got the key to Dallas. Change the locks.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a reporter, every reporter asks him about the dogs all the time, he probably didnt wanna go into it more or thought the guy was trying to bait him in to something. I dont blame him for walking away.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
Change the locks. Honestly, if it had just been dog fighting that he was doing it would have been deplorable, but the rest of the sick **** he was doing makes me really wish he was back in prison, and I'm hardly an animal lover.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05