OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Vick not being allowed to have a dog, then having to look at his little girls when they ask, "But why not, Daddy?" is WONDERFUL punishment.

agreed. nice to know there are continuing consequences for once abhorrent actions.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late to the party here but where I come from it isn't 'chicken fighting', it's '**** fighting'

Saw a couple in my younger days...to me it was more about the gambling for the spectators. Don't really need to go see one again. Don't really ever need to see a dog fight either

Rent 'Amores Perros' sometime...it's subtitled...pretty graphic movie obviously, but subplot gives insight into the world of dog fighting and how it's a way of life. not for the squeamish

Read comment from someone, don't remember who, that said putting Vick in a pit with hungry dogs was the thing to do. Can't see how wanting that type of vengence is any less of a crime.

ps. Oaken, thanks for taking a bullet for my freedom. You have my gratitude. I don't think you need to apologize for how you were raised either

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, MMA, boxing, etc. disgusts me. I can't watch it. I find NO joy in watching ANYONE or ANYTHING beat the holy hell out of each other.

Good standards. Couldn't agree more. The above mentioned are called blood sports, aren't they, for a reason. As a form of "entertainment", I find it frightening in concept.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vick is a convicted felon. Felons lose the rights to do lots of things. Too bad. Not.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The humbler, gentler version gifts the mother of his children who can't have a pet.

:biglaugh:

Twist on this is that he buys her a Porsche and his first and only endorsement deal, since hs return is with a regional Nissan dealer. Guess the 350Z wasn't in the deal.

Bankrupt NFL player buys fiancee $90k Porsche

Michael Vick is definitely spending cash like a starting QB — because the dude just handed over a fully loaded Porsche to his fiancée at her birthday bash in Philadelphia … TMZ has learned. Sources inside the party tell us Vick’s fiancée, Kijafa Frink, celebrated her birthday with a private event at a Philly nightclub … where guests feasted on filet mignon sliders, imported crab balls, and designer chicken wings (yeah, we don’t get it either). But here’s the kicker — when it was time to open gifts Vick whipped out a brand new Porsche Panamera! Yeah, he dropped $90k on a birthday gift.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep fighting the urge to fix this thread's title from OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog to OT: Michael Vick wants to drown a dog ...

BIM

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep fighting the urge to fix this thread's title from OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog to OT: Michael Vick wants to drown a dog ...

BIM
Please do. Please.
hastheball.gif

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to attack you hear Nidan, personally I could care less about your views on this because it doesn't change my life in any way. I feel you are just trying to be a contrarian on every aspect of this issue regardless of it may be and due to your love of dogs (I love dogs too, my beagle is sleeping on my lap as I type this) you seem to be unwilling to budge on any issue that could possibly lead to the slimmest chance that Vick could mature and not just daydream about killing dogs.

Ok, I will admit that Vick could change my mind. However a heavily publicized "rehab my marketing image" will never do it.

If he were to feel truly remorseful and spend the next 10 years quietly volunteering at rescue shelters [or something like that] then maybe I might unclench on this a little.

The emphasis being on quietly, ie no publicity and nothing for him to gain. The current efforts is all about rehabbing his image.

I'm not unreasonable I just don't believe him. To your point about learning to behave better as one grows up ... If I had done something as heinous as he did, it would take more than a public rehab tour to enable me to live with myself again.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read comment from someone, don't remember who, that said putting Vick in a pit with hungry dogs was the thing to do. Can't see how wanting that type of vengence is any less of a crime.

It was me and really did you actually think I was serious about that ? I may be nuts but I'm not that nuts

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will admit that Vick could change my mind. However a heavily publicized "rehab my marketing image" will never do it.

If he were to feel truly remorseful and spend the next 10 years quietly volunteering at rescue shelters [or something like that] then maybe I might unclench on this a little.

The emphasis being on quietly, ie no publicity and nothing for him to gain. The current efforts is all about rehabbing his image.

I'm not unreasonable I just don't believe him. To your point about learning to behave better as one grows up ... If I had done something as heinous as he did, it would take more than a public rehab tour to enable me to live with myself again.
but if he does it quietly with "nothing for him to gain" then you'll never know about it, therefore you won't "unclench" because if you DO know about it & unclench, then he's gained at least one person's respect (for lack of a better word) and then it doesn't meet your criteria anymore...

/my head spins

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but if he does it quietly with "nothing for him to gain" then you'll never know about it, therefore you won't "unclench" because if you DO know about it & unclench, then he's gained at least one person's respect (for lack of a better word) and then it doesn't meet your criteria anymore...

/my head spins

i also saw the irony in that....

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that we might find out after the fact, as opposed to a heavily publicized and short process that he is currently doing

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was me and really did you actually think I was serious about that ? I may be nuts but I'm not that nuts

No problem, Nidan. We are all crazy in our own way.

The Japanese have a saying about this fact... it concerns the highly poisonous but delicious fugu (blowfish)

Those who eat fugu are crazy..but
Those who do not eat fugu are also crazy

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is because you speak Linder, I have no idea what she was talking about?

How would nidan know to ever forgive him if he did all of his 'reform work' in private?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05