OT: Peyton Manning linked to HGH

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al Jazeera has given Huffington Post advance notice of story to be released tomorrow.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If true this kind of thing doesn't shock me anymore.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HGH is used for fertility problems. Are NFL players and their wives expected to forgo something they may need to conceive a child?

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this real?

Just asking because of the source.

As far as I know, AL Jazeera is a respected news source. You'd had to ask one of the guys in the P & R forum about them or the Huffington Post. It ain't the Onion.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al Jazeera is some of the most real news left out there these days!

As far as I know, AL Jazeera is a respected news source. You'd had to ask one of the guys in the P & R forum about them or the Huffington Post. It ain't the Onion.
Didn't know that. Thought Huffington was a gossip chasing outlet.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HGH is used for fertility problems. Are NFL players and their wives expected to forgo something they may need to conceive a child?

I live under a rock Dems, I didn't know that. I get my news from here :D

My wife reads everything and I mean everything. She showed it to me.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
article on FB says he used it during 2011 recovery.....my response?? so what? he was healing, not playing football

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Al Jazeera America really REPORTS on a story. The American network does nothing to promote Islam or radical groups. They report on domestic and foreign issues. This Manning story is the domestic side. Someone there put in hard work to discover and report this story. Excellent digging to connect Manning to an HGH shipment that happened about four years ago.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
article on FB says he used it during 2011 recovery.....my response?? so what? he was healing, not playing football

you say that but the player's agreement with the owners says it is a banned substance.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Al Jazeera reports on American football?

I've never heard of them report on anything other than terrorist activities quite frankly but I may be wrong.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al Jazeera reports on American football?

I've never heard of them report on anything other than terrorist activities quite frankly but I may be wrong.

They are like a CNN or Fox, etc.

http://america.aljazeera.com/

There is a really important story on the site now about infant mortality in Mississippi. the fact that that state has a higher infant death rate than Botswana just stunned me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy who supposedly gave Manning the HGH has recanted the entire story to both Al Jazeera and ESPN. he said some other person was asking him questions trying to get into the business, he decided to make some stuff up to see if the guy had any idea what he was talking about. One of the things he made up was the HGH and Manning, the guy then went to the media naming the guy who made it up as the source.

No idea what's true or not but right now the source is actually denying it's true.

They named a bunch of other athletes including Clay Matthews(painkillers) and Julius Peppers and Mike Tyson

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I live under a rock Dems, I didn't know that. I get my news from here :D

My wife reads everything and I mean everything. She showed it to me.

I know a little bit about a LOT of stuff. (Which means I rock Trivial Pursuit. :p) It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the story.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Manning is not the most imposing physical specimen, is he?????

Don't know if he did. Wont be surprised if he did. Don't doubt all body type of athletes take it. It's a fact they do.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy who supposedly gave Manning the HGH has recanted the entire story to both Al Jazeera and ESPN. he said some other person was asking him questions trying to get into the business, he decided to make some stuff up to see if the guy had any idea what he was talking about. One of the things he made up was the HGH and Manning, the guy then went to the media naming the guy who made it up as the source.

Or Manning's lawyers paid him off.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of all the quacks in this league , I'm going out on a limb and believe Manning.

If this story broke about Fitz, we would be pissed and give every benefit of the doubt to Fitz. I'm going to do the same for Manning.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have expected him to do anything other than deny it. Maybe it was just flax seed oil.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser