Reaction score
A) don't believe it

B) who cares if he did or not?

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A) don't believe it

B) who cares if he did or not?

A) Yes I believe it. The guy recanted, but was telling an undercover reporter.
B) Not sure much can be done about it, just tarnish the reputation.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may be getting cynical.

But Peyton Manning is extraordinarily competitive. It would not surprise me a bit if he used the HGH to expedite the healing of his neck injury. People do all sorts of things when competition gets the best of them, deflated footballs, etc.

And if this accuser is half the flake that he appears, it also wouldn't surprise me if he backed down after being threatened beyond belief by Manning's attorneys when this was leaked. Or some money changed hands.

So many possibilities here! I just don't know what motivation this guy would have in going after Manning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, whenever I hear about any superstar cheating, I always assume the worst because it's seemingly always true.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be honest, whenever I hear about any superstar cheating, I always assume the worst because it's seemingly always true.

Yep, and Manning's over the top "outrage" over this indicates that this is the case, again.

**Nice Avatar by the way, love those Avatar bets!! :)

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
Did Baghdad Bob write the article?! He used to get a lot of airtime on Al Jazeera...
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, and Manning's over the top "outrage" over this indicates that this is the case, again.

**Nice Avatar by the way, love those Avatar bets!! :)

haha... did BIM change that for me? That's good, because I had no clue how to do it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that when these stories appear and there are the handful of players on these "lists" it seems highly unlikely that they would just randomly pick those few. Clay Matthews, Peyton Manning and the others had SOME level of dealings with that clinic.

The NFL had HGH on the banned list but did not start testing until last year. This happened in 2011. Unless one of the players confesses to using HGH then there really is no way the NFL can definitively say they did. Case closed.

I don't think, in light of the deflated football fiasco, that Goodell will joust with this windmill. The owners are going to slap him if he does.

Just my 2c worth.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

I usually do too, but the "source" recanted before the story even hit, so there is something definitely shady with the source.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I usually do too, but the "source" recanted before the story even hit, so there is something definitely shady with the source.

from what I read...dude was pitching his company to somebody and started name dropping to impress them.

I see many testimonials on products these days by my favorite celebs.....who later say they have never even heard of the product, let alone used it.... it is a common thing today.
Saw four websites the other day that had full articles quoting Kurt Sutter and Charlie Hunnam about the prequel for Sons of anarchy....then five more websites claiming there is no such prequel in the works and it is all a hoax....also quoting Kurt Sutter

did they get Manning shooting juice on video? Get a bad test?...............hell, did he even throw away his cell phone?

it never happened.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
from what I read...dude was pitching his company to somebody and started name dropping to impress them.

I see many testimonials on products these days by my favorite celebs.....who later say they have never even heard of the product, let alone used it.... it is a common thing today.
Saw four websites the other day that had full articles quoting Kurt Sutter and Charlie Hunnam about the prequel for Sons of anarchy....then five more websites claiming there is no such prequel in the works and it is all a hoax....also quoting Kurt Sutter

did they get Manning shooting juice on video? Get a bad test?...............hell, did he even throw away his cell phone?

it never happened.

The part that makes me wonder is his agent saying "Any medical treatment received by Ashley is a private matter of hers, her doctor, and her family,” So what's that about? She just happened to be getting HGH to have kids? Ok than just say so.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The part that makes me wonder is his agent saying "Any medical treatment received by Ashley is a private matter of hers, her doctor, and her family,” So what's that about? She just happened to be getting HGH to have kids? Ok than just say so.

As a person who is going through a similar struggle, I can say for a fact that if she wants to keep her journey to have a family private, it is no one's business. We are not even entitled to know she had a struggle, much less demand an explanation that brings up those memories, which quite frankly, are embarrassing (rational or not) for a lot of couples.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a person who is going through a similar struggle, I can say for a fact that if she wants to keep her journey to have a family private, it is no one's business. We are not even entitled to know she had a struggle, much less demand an explanation that brings up those memories, which quite frankly, are embarrassing (rational or not) for a lot of couples.

I'm sorry to hear about what you had to do I hope it went well. But IMO not in this case and I mean before this came out. If at all true she got HGH in 2011 they needed to do something to protect his image.

A big IF on the true part.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whether true or not or for whatever reason, it just saddens me this is how our society is now.

Hope it's all good for you Crisper.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The twins they had were born in March of 2011. If she was getting HGH to conceive, the treatment would not line up with what's being alleged here.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The twins they had were born in March of 2011. If she was getting HGH to conceive, the treatment would not line up with what's being alleged here.

If March 2011 is the month of birth, the timeline does not match. HGH is used prior to egg retrieval for IVF. If it was a fresh transfer, that would be 9 months prior (summer 2010). If it was s frozen transfer, it would have been about 11 months prior to the birth (Spring 2010).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about what you had to do I hope it went well. But IMO not in this case and I mean before this came out. If at all true she got HGH in 2011 they needed to do something to protect his image.

A big IF on the true part.

I've done some reading up on this and it is pretty unanimous that the only reason for women to take HGH is for 1) use as anti-aging drug (based on a controversial study of women much older than Manning's wife taking it) OR 2) female bodybuilders.

So, I didn't really find anything that would be more compelling for her using HGH over Manning.

This is really reminiscent of the Roger Clemens accusations. Personally, if I had to bet my life on it, I would guess Peyton was using it. Nothing in the story can get him in real trouble, but it does smear his reputation a bit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser