OT: Peyton Manning linked to HGH

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I've done some reading up on this and it is pretty unanimous that the only reason for women to take HGH is for 1) use as anti-aging drug (based on a controversial study of women much older than Manning's wife taking it) OR 2) female bodybuilders.

3. Fertility issues. Specifically to stimulate egg production prior to retrieval for IVF.

But as I said above the timeline doesn't really work out for that option, given when the twins were born.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Didn't read any of the previous posts. But it's unfortunate that dudes like Bonds and Lance Armstrong have tainted the sports world so bad that anytime there's an accusation I automatically think it's true.

Prepare yourselves, it's probably true.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't read any of the previous posts. But it's unfortunate that dudes like Bonds and Lance Armstrong have tainted the sports world so bad that anytime there's an accusation I automatically think it's true.

His strong denial of taking HGH reminds me of Rafael Palmiero testifying in Congress. He sure seemed sincere about not juicing and I actually believed him. Then, he got popped by a test.

Peyton just needs to go away IMO. He is done being a top notch QB.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
You have to be naive to think HGH doesnt play a big role in any sport. Even actors (Stallone - Arnold), among other action stars have been taking this, along with test, for years. No way you can retain muscle at that age without it. In sports or weight training, HGH takes off the wear and tear that your body takes. The power to recuperate is very limited. So all HGH does is expedite the process. Doctors in anti-aging clinics also prescribe it because of its reported ability to add thickness and elasticity to skin, improve vision, and make it easier to recover after physical exercise — a big advantage for athletes and bodybuilders.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His strong denial of taking HGH reminds me of Rafael Palmiero testifying in Congress. He sure seemed sincere about not juicing and I actually believed him. Then, he got popped by a test.

Peyton just needs to go away IMO. He is done being a top notch QB.

His denial turned me off frankly. His best days are behind him, he's probably best just going away and retiring. Like you said, even if he comes back at his best, he's not a top notch QB, he won't be again. It's over. Hang it up.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
He is 1 win away from the record. He's not going anywhere until he has that, I think.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You have to be naive to think HGH doesnt play a big role in any sport. Even actors (Stallone - Arnold), among other action stars have been taking this, along with test, for years. No way you can retain muscle at that age without it. In sports or weight training, HGH takes off the wear and tear that your body takes. The power to recuperate is very limited. So all HGH does is expedite the process. Doctors in anti-aging clinics also prescribe it because of its reported ability to add thickness and elasticity to skin, improve vision, and make it easier to recover after physical exercise — a big advantage for athletes and bodybuilders.

And that's fine, just don't get all indignant and act superior when you're doing it. Don't sue ****'s (like Peyton) or disparage ****'s (like Lance Armstrong), just let it go and retire. No need to take down the people who helped make your career with drugs.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And yes, I think Peyton and Clay Matthews and others in the report probably took it. I always thought it was only a matter of time before the baseball scandal infiltrated the NFL. This is the first shot. The shot over the bow. It's only a warning, more is coming.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I thought the same thing. When's the last time something big like this came out, and it turned out the guy wasn't dirty? Lance, Braun, ARod and the rest of the baseball guys?

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought whiskey was performance enhancing for me, 10' tall and bullet proof, but all it did was get me in trouble...:)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. When's the last time something big like this came out, and it turned out the guy wasn't dirty? Lance, Braun, ARod and the rest of the baseball guys?

It's probably true and nobody wants to believe it. Pure denial.

It'll come out though. I just honestly hope there isn't the scandal like in baseball. I really don't want a huge scandal. But if people think reporters will let this go they're mistaken.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably true and nobody wants to believe it. Pure denial.

It'll come out though. I just honestly hope there isn't the scandal like in baseball. I really don't want a huge scandal. But if people think reporters will let this go they're mistaken.

I could care less about a scandal.. I assume the worst about pretty much every professional athlete. Finding out the entire league is on something won't take away my absolute adoration of the game.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I could care less about a scandal.. I assume the worst about pretty much every professional athlete. Finding out the entire league is on something won't take away my absolute adoration of the game.

Nor will it diminish my fandom. I assume it going in. Frankly, the dudes I played high school football with were all on something, and we were a small school no nothing. Miami Arizona, Globe Arizona. If anyone knows that, I give them props, but that's where I'm from and it's nothing, and even they were on ****. It is what it is.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Wow that's a bold statement.

Then again I don't adore the game I do enjoy it although less than I used to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser