OT: Von Miller and Elvis Dumervill: QB's worst nightmare

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We simply do not know that.

we don't know for certain, but I think you can speculate on it with a certain degree of confidence as the dots connected pretty clear here. pre-draft, talk was DRC was going to the Eagles who wanted a corner... we then drafted a corner to replace him... and he was shipped to the Eagles. Plenty of smoke there for me to believe it was coming from a fire.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
we don't know for certain, but I think you can speculate on it with a certain degree of confidence as the dots connected pretty clear here. pre-draft, talk was DRC was going to the Eagles who wanted a corner... we then drafted a corner to replace him... and he was shipped to the Eagles. Plenty of smoke there for me to believe it was coming from a fire.
At the very least, DRC was a goner to whatever team wanted him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Please stop. Make no mistake that Von Miller is a different player for Denver than he would be for Arizona. Miller's biggest weakness out of college was his strength. In Arizona, playing OLB in a 3-4, he would be battling that weakness trying to stack and shed OT's. IN Denver he plays WOLB in a 4-3 where is protected by a DE who takes on the tackle freeing up Miller to match up with smaller TE's and RB's. This diminishes Miller's lack of strength, and frees him to play with the speed that makes him so special.

Apples and oranges people. Defensive schemes matter.

Add in also that Miller isn't the sole (primary?) pass rush threat on that defense. Elvis Dumervil is a proven top-notch pass rusher. It's really, really difficult for defenses to defend the pass on both edges of the defense.