OT - What High School Did you go to?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Yup - all were cool at NAU except those Sigma Nu's.............
j/k - It was the Pikes we all didn't like.
yer lucky

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Fraternities can seem one way at one chapter and be completely different at the next. At NAU the Sig Eps were fairly cool, at least when I (and Jon) was there.

yeah, i know that - i was referring to the ones on my campus

and maddog, you sound like all the people from the RHA (residence hall association) "it's not a dorm... it's a residence hall" :rolleyes: :D

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Freshman year - Scottsdale High (it closed after that year)
Coronado High, class of 1986

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I sure knew Joe Gaudio. He was Student Body President when I was a freshman. I knew him well. Ran track with him. He also played football but I was on the freshman team then. Matt Dippre was in my class and I knew im very well. I used to be a carry out at Bashas Store #18 on 40th & Camelback when Mike Dippre was the asst manager so I also knew him well. Most of the Dippres were out of Gerard when I was there though.

Joe lives in Dallas now and from what his brother says is a on the fence Cowgirl fan,Matt owns two Le Peep resturants,one on Central and Indian School and the other on Via De Ventera and Hayden.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
Did you know a Gretchen Parsons, she played soccer and graduated in 95
I do remember the name. You know her??

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytimeuwnt said:
I do remember the name. You know her??

I dated her when I was a junior and she was a senior until she went to U of A.. She was a cool girl.

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
schutd said:
Greenway Demon. Class of 88.

Former highschool of Tim Salmon, Brad Lohaus, and me.

Hello Fellow Demon--class of '90!

We also have such alumns as Mike Salmon (Tim's younger brother--played pro-football for a little while); Shannon Marquette (Miss USA--she was attending college in California at the time; so, they got the glory), and Jennie Garth (of 90210 and some WB show, for the younger generation) attended her freshman year!

:thumbup:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
NSD_Blonde said:
Shannon Marquette (Miss USA--she was attending college in California at the time; so, they got the glory)

Shannon Marketic was also a sex slave for an Arabian Prince and appeared on like 20/20 or 60 minutes or something telling her story. Such infamous Greenway history.

She also has a website...
http://www.shannonmarketic.com/

I remembered her story so I googled her and was surprised to find she had her own website. I didn't really know her anymore than seeing her around campus.

BTW now that I know who you are (thanks to Harley Rider)...Hello Kim.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Shannon Marketic was also a sex slave for an Arabian Prince and appeared on like 20/20 or 60 minutes or something telling her story. Such infamous Greenway history.

I remembered her story so I googled her and was surprised to find she had her own website. I didn't really know her anymore than seeing her around campus.

It was the Sultan of Brunei over in the Indochina area. I was over there around 93 I think, the dudes palace can be seen from the highway. Looks like something the size of Arrowhead mall only made to look like it's pure gold.

Not trying to be contradictory, but it didn't surprise me in the least that she has her own website. Her conceit knows no bounds. I remember one time she walked up to me and grabbed my cheeks and said "you're so cute". Just being arrogant.

Couldn't decide if I wanted to slap her or use the time wisely and cop a feel. Kim and I were dating at the time and she could always take me down in about 3 seconds so I chose not to cop a feel. I'm a wuss.

She was (is) hot though.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
CatBoxBackFan said:
Joe lives in Dallas now and from what his brother says is a on the fence Cowgirl fan,Matt owns two Le Peep resturants,one on Central and Indian School and the other on Via De Ventera and Hayden.

The Cowgirls? Boy that hurts. I guess you just never know how people are going to turn out in this world. Although by the time I was out of Gerard, the Cards still had 2 years left in StL. There wasn't a home team, for people to support or turn traitor on back in those dark days.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Zeno said:

this two bit ****** likes herself way too much:

Shannon Marketic is one of the country’s most interesting female leaders. Raised on a cattle ranch in the southwest, herding and branding cattle has been the backdrop for many entertaining analogies in her speeches and articles. :rolleyes:

She soon switched from the theatrical to a leadership scholarship, studying telecommunications and child psychology while taking an interest in family law. This was the vehicle that led to her winning the Miss California and Miss USA pageants, being crowned the forty-first Miss USA. As Miss USA, Marketic spoke an average of twelve times a week, making her one of the most requested speakers in its history :barf:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NSD_Blonde said:
Hello Fellow Demon--class of '90!

We also have such alumns as Mike Salmon (Tim's younger brother--played pro-football for a little while); Shannon Marquette (Miss USA--she was attending college in California at the time; so, they got the glory), and Jennie Garth (of 90210 and some WB show, for the younger generation) attended her freshman year!

:thumbup:

Also Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, I believe :)

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
this two bit ****** likes herself way too much:

Shannon Marketic is one of the country’s most interesting female leaders. Raised on a cattle ranch in the southwest, herding and branding cattle has been the backdrop for many entertaining analogies in her speeches and articles. :rolleyes:

She's also a monumental liar. Shannon grew up extremely rich and priviledged. She was one of two students at Greenway that I can recall that drove a new Porsche to school.

Here's a quote from that "Making of a Beauty Queen": Fresh off the ranch, I got culture shock that gave me low-grade whip lash, still I was fascinated with all aspects of my new life. Paved roads, traffic lights, artichoke salads, cappuccinos, Buddhist chants, beer in a glass....I was learning the part, even if I didn't know how to dress for it. I showed up in my dorm room toting a duffel bag containing my entire wardrobe: 3 jeans cut to appropriate seasonal lengths; and 4 sweatshirts complimentary scissored to fall, winter and spring proportions. But what I soon found out was that what was "a la mode" on the prairie was "out of mode" on the set of Beverly Hills 90210, "The College Years".

Please.

Paved roads? Traffic lights? Her high school was at 39th and Greenway for chrissakes.

As a matter of fact her senior year photo was from a modeling agency. Knock down gorgeous, and she knew it and acted it. Hardly "an avenue she hadn't explored".

I know: :hijack:

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
She was (is) hot though.

Would you be referring to me or Shannon? Remember, I can still take you down in about 3 seconds... :thud:

I actually played on the tennis team with her; she could be nice, in a fakey-worship me sort of way!

Last edited:

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Also Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, I believe :)

I didn't know that, but I love Linkin Park!

And, of course, yet another claim to fame...the infamous HarleyRider!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05