Other NBA Playoff Series Action

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Watching Denver and San Antonio.

Nene has really improved as a player. He is much more active than I remember him two years ago, and he is working well with Camby.
yeah, hes been great in getting 2nd chance oppurtunities for the nuggets. duncan has been more or less contained, so he can hang his head on the great defensive job he and camby have done as well

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I know it is no news but boy Spurs are such whiners... they shake their head in disbelieve on EVERY SINGLE call.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
come on Nuggets.....cant let the Spurs get too much rest

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont want to face a well rested San Antonio team....and I seriously doubt they are gonna lose at home again

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole game, but it's interesting that most of the Nuggets have 4-5 fouls and no Spurs have more than 3. From what I've watched of the 4th qtr, there's been a lot of contact by the Spurs that was let go and some crazy foul calls against the Nuggets (Iverson misses a layup and is in perfect position in front of the basket, Duncan lands on top of Iverson's back going for the rebound, Iverson hits the floor and it's a foul on him). I'm not surprised SA has the lead.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Wow. Of all people to leave open. Big Shot Bob does it again!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Denver has missed too many layups.

Big Shot Bob strikes again. That may be the series...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole game, but it's interesting that most of the Nuggets have 4-5 fouls and no Spurs have more than 3.

You don't think the NBA would honestly let BOTH Dallas and San Antonio get eliminated in the first round, do you? :D

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'll do, assuming the Suns play the Spurs. Watching the SA-Denver game tonight I find that 2-1/2 hours of looking at the Spurs results in repeated bouts of serious nausea. I might be reduced to listening to Al call the game on KTAR. Or maybe bolstering my intestinal fortitude with a generous supply of margaritas.......

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'll do, assuming the Suns play the Spurs. Watching the SA-Denver game tonight I find that 2-1/2 hours of looking at the Spurs results in repeated bouts of serious nausea. I might be reduced to listening to Al call the game on KTAR. Or maybe bolstering my intestinal fortitude with a generous supply of margaritas.......

Exactly why if the Suns do play the Spurs in the 2nd round, they NEED to dictate the tempo of the game. That is absolutely crucial. They didn't do it in that awful, awful game they played a few weeks ago against the Spurs, but they absolutely need to do it in the playoffs. The Warriors did it, so it's not like it's impossible to do. Let the Spurs worry about their transition defense, rather than us worry about our halfcourt offense.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
So true Chap. The only way we win is if we do that. I hate always playing to their ugly ass style. Make those old bastards run!

planaria

Rookie
Reaction score
As Nuggets fan I say: Be ready for the refs next round guys.

The last two games of this series was really disguting to watch.

I hope you the best. Beat the Spurs and the Zebras!

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly why if the Suns do play the Spurs in the 2nd round, they NEED to dictate the tempo of the game. That is absolutely crucial. They didn't do it in that awful, awful game they played a few weeks ago against the Spurs, but they absolutely need to do it in the playoffs. The Warriors did it, so it's not like it's impossible to do. Let the Spurs worry about their transition defense, rather than us worry about our halfcourt offense.

Yup, you are so right. I was at the home game 2/1 and the Spurs were up by a couple at halftime and holdiing up fairly well through the third. In the fourth quarter the Suns geared it up and ran them right out of USAC.

My earlier comment about it being hard to watch them was because I can't stand Ginobili .. or Bowen .. or Parker .. or that bug-eyed "Timmy stare." Too bad they're so damn good. Even if they're playing another team I can hardly watch the game and keep any semblance of composure, especially if they win.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
i hope TJ Ford is ok..

it will be a big blow for the raps if they lose him for the series

edit:

i think the crowd in toronto is yelling:

'let's go raptors, VC sucks..'
lol

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, the Spurs look REALLY freaking tough right now. Guys like Finley and Horry have seemingly located the fountain of youth against Denver. A series against them is going to be a freaking war.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since we played them the last time, I've had zero confidence that we can beat them.

This series makes me nervous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since we played them the last time, I've had zero confidence that we can beat them.

This series makes me nervous.

every team that's ever gone on to win a title has likely had to beat that monkey that was sitting on their backs for a couple years. The 80's Pistons had to do it with the Celtics AND Lakers, the Bulls had to do it with the Pistons, the latest Spurs team (sans Robinson) had to do it against the Lakers, the Heat had to do it against the Pistons and we'll have to do it this year. It's a rite of passage. We're as good as we've ever been, SA is a bit older and we have homecourt. It's time for this team to rise up and figure SA out once and for all. I just hope we're not the Kings to the Spurs' Lakers. The Kings could never get over on that team and I'd hate that to be us.

but, we're getting ahead of ourselves - gotta win tonight!

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
man, the Spurs look REALLY freaking tough right now. Guys like Finley and Horry have seemingly located the fountain of youth against Denver. A series against them is going to be a freaking war.

Tell me if you agree, but I think we should play finley the way the lakers played eddie house last year. Which was never, ever leave house/finley. Dont worry about what else is going on, dont even help out if someone has an open layup.

I say this because it seems his threes really come at the most oppurtune times for the spurs (like house last year), when they are making a run or need to stop a run. He cant drive or finish at the rim that well anymore, so just stay with his ass no matter what.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me if you agree, but I think we should play finley the way the lakers played eddie house last year. Which was never, ever leave house/finley. Dont worry about what else is going on, dont even help out if someone has an open layup.

I say this because it seems his threes really come at the most oppurtune times for the spurs (like house last year), when they are making a run or need to stop a run. He cant drive or finish at the rim that well anymore, so just stay with his ass no matter what.

yeah, I think that would be a good strategy, but do we have anyone disciplined enough to do it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05