Our team is so bad, we made Emmitt Cry

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the dude, imagine the relief players feel when they leave and enjoy success elsewhere, S Rice, Plummer, Pittman, A Williams, Etc. Now imagine from going from the all-time rushing leader, to a guy on a joke of a team. It's probably hard for him, poor guy. I wish Emmitt the best.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I forgot to add, for all that missed it Emmitt is on ESPN crying, thats pretty sad.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

He's a competitor and came here because he knew he would be the starter.

He'd rather be here struggling than sitting on the bench of a 4-1 team.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I missed it.....what did he say...was he crying because of the crappy organization he plays for..or it is todays effort...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's funny and pathetic - much like what I watched today.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I missed it.....what did he say...was he crying because of the crappy organization he plays for..or it is todays effort...
I didn't see it either, but I would assume it's just pure frustration, and the fact that he terribly mis-judged the talent on the offensive line here. He'd be doing well elsewhere.

When Emmitt does make "that" announcment, I'm sure he'll be a stand-up guy, and simply say "he's done". Doubt he would ever blame o-line.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He cried because he was touched by one of his kid's sentiments--she wrote him a note basically saying that win or lose she loves him.

Too much is being made of Emmitt's tears.

That said, I hope he backs up Shipp from here on out.

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
Pariah is right. Emmitt was emotional because of a note his daughter wrote to him.

He was also emotional at his press conference in Dallas because he got to watch his daughter play soccer and she scored two goals.

Emmitt 1 his daughter 2.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now he knows how we feel!! Hell, I've been crying for years, yet I've never been on Sports Center!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZ Shocker
He'd be doing well elsewhere.

REALLY?

Like he did well in Dallas the last two years? :rolleyes:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
REALLY?

Like he did well in Dallas the last two years? :rolleyes:

I agree. I think our best bet is to bench him, and hope that Shipp can run behind our line. Then we can just say, well he doesn't have it anymore. We took a chance he would improve our team but it didn't work out.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like he did well in Dallas the last two years?
Yes. He had just under 1000 yards last year in Dallas. He's on pace to go over 300 here in Arizona behind that GREAT offensive line. 300 yards! Whoo-hoo!!!

Of course bring Shipp in already, and let Emmitt collect a few more paychecks. Shipp will probably fair a little better than Emmitt. Maybe the o-line will block for him better. We'll see...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
All i'm going to take(sniff,sniff) from this weekend(wa-a-a-a-ah) is that i birdied three of the last 4 holes(tears roliing down my face) to finish 1 shot back(honk).That and my dog still loves me no matter what i shoot.

Maybe he's crying because he left Dallas and now they're winning.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZ Shocker
Yes. He had just under 1000 yards last year in Dallas. He's on pace to go over 300 here in Arizona behind that GREAT offensive line. 300 yards! Whoo-hoo!!!

Of course bring Shipp in already, and let Emmitt collect a few more paychecks. Shipp will probably fair a little better than Emmitt. Maybe the o-line will block for him better. We'll see...

Wow just under 1000 yards the last two years in dallas. That equates to about 60 yards a game. He was soooo good!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Quick...

Where can I buy a EMMITT Jersey??

ANYTHING to help Bidwills cash flow...can I have a sparkley too, I'll pay extra...

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow just under 1000 yards the last two years in dallas. That equates to about 60 yards a game. He was soooo good!
Well...I was referring to the fact that he would probably doing better on a team that had a better OFFENSIVE LINE (like Dallas)!!!

That's the point man...the o-line. Not Emmitt vs. Shipp. Shipp might be the better running back, but with this line...it's pointless.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H

Close to 1100 the previous year.

If you want to be accurate with your antics, you should point to the fact that Emmitt's TD production declined in the last two years. From 9 in 2000 to 6, then 4. His yardage was never horrible; he always got his, and the Dallas Oline played crappy last season. Parcells has lit a fire under them.

I still contend the biggest problem is not emmitt or shipp...its the Oline. Shipp gets his shot now; I hope he does great with it but I'm not very optimistic. I think he'll get shelled back there unless the Oline finds its footing and starts moving FORWARD on running plays.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05