Our uni's 2 years later. How ya feelin??

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
as an outsider my opinion remains what it has - overall they look pretty good - i like what they did with the logo - i do not like the logo on top of the neck, with pads it often gets obscured and on fans looks a little dorky

however, I do agree about the lack of sleeve space - i have a seahawks new replica and the logo is smaller than the reebok insigna

i had mixed emotions when the hawk mixed it up, but now whenever I see the old bird on merchandise it just looks sad and worn down - i still love the old wrap helmet (which they kind of kept) and really miss the old wrap sleeve

other than that I've really grown to like the seahawks look, the numbering, etc - plus all their merchandise (hats, t-shirts, polos, etc) look 100x better with the new logo

I think the Seahawks did a great job with their logo as well. I'm really not a fan of the monochrome (all-dark) look that they wear at home - I just wish they'd wear the White pants with the Pacific Blue jerseys once in a while (I think they've only done it once or twice).

Trivia: Mark Verlander of Verlander Design created the Seahawks' new logo as well as the Cardinals'. Along with the Falcons and the Texans as well. And the Bengals' "B" logo.

Stupid Piece of Trivia That You Can Impress Your Friends With (Or Horrify Them That You Know This): the Charlotte Bobcats use the very same proprietary Reebok fabric color as the Seahawks' Pacific Blue. In fact, the Bobcats unveiled a new alternate uniform for 2006-2007 in that Blue.

(Pariah's reaction: "Nerd!")

:D

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Pantone - thanks for the trivia

they were originally scheduled to go the blue tops and white pants - i think it was only done once in a preseason game and I think they did the white on the blue pants in one regular season game - but it would of been the first year after the switch and my memory isn't that great

the team wanted to mono look and mgmt didn't fight it

Vito

Reaction score
I miss the old ones; especially the white jerseys with the cardinal on each sleeve.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
nurnay said:
I like them for the most part, particularly the new logo. I don't like the stripes on the pants, though.

I'm iffy about that as well nurnay. Looks kinda wierd.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
as an outsider my opinion remains what it has - overall they look pretty good - i like what they did with the logo - i do not like the logo on top of the neck, with pads it often gets obscured and on fans looks a little dorky

however, I do agree about the lack of sleeve space - i have a seahawks new replica and the logo is smaller than the reebok insigna

i had mixed emotions when the hawk mixed it up, but now whenever I see the old bird on merchandise it just looks sad and worn down - i still love the old wrap helmet (which they kind of kept) and really miss the old wrap sleeve

other than that I've really grown to like the seahawks look, the numbering, etc - plus all their merchandise (hats, t-shirts, polos, etc) look 100x better with the new logo

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

although looking at some of this stuff really has me jonesing for a seahawks throwback game this year - hasn't happened yet since the switch - thankfully I'm scheduled to get my largent jersey delivered this week

I like your all white uni's M.O. but the all dark ones just irritate me.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I still think its stupid the way the chinstrap goes up and covers half the logo on most of the players helmets.

Obviously they didn't think this through very well.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I think they look good, but they are missing a lot of the charm of their predacessors. And it doesn't have to be the Hart era for me--the pants they wore just prior to the change were my favorites. As for the new jerseys, I would like them much better if they hadn't gone overboard with the sides. I like the yoke (always worked for me on hockey jerseys), but I just wish it were all a bit simpler.

Regarding the helmet, I used to want a red facemask, but I don't any longer. I think the Colts actually look better with the gray mask, and even the Cornhuskers' red mask is occasionally looking garish to me. I think a simple red or black stripe on the helmet would look pretty good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05