Pacers @ Suns 11-27-18

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of course a guy who should be ours drains it

Wrong Bogdanovic.

Still shouldn't have come to that. Igor screwed the pooch with his love fest for Canaan and Ariza yet again.

Speaking of Ariza: -20 in 29 minutes (next worst Sun was Bridges at -5 and with his worst game of the season), and not a single positive stat. Anyone still think he's putting forth full effort?

Igor is in the process of ruining Bridges with his sporadic substitutions and punishment for good play.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
At least this team has been competitive last few games. Much better than being blown out by 20

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I was able to catch from the middle of the 3rd quarter on. Good showing by the Suns.

How I hope we can take the next step and start winning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At least this team has been competitive last few games. Much better than being blown out by 20
Yes that’s true. Baby steps. Closing gap. But without Oladipo so I take it with a grain of salt. I guess the suns have really just gotten me somewhat numb.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was able to catch from the middle of the 3rd quarter on. Good showing by the Suns.

How I hope we can take the next step and start winning.

That will only happen once Igor and his boys, Canaan and Ariza, are gone.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
By far the most encouraging thing for me was seeing Booker's defense. At least in the first half when I watched, it was defensively probably the best game I've seen him play, maybe ever?

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Yes that’s true. Baby steps. Closing gap. But without Oladipo so I take it with a grain of salt. I guess the suns have really just gotten me somewhat numb.

Yes and it was the 2nd of a back to back for the Pacers. But they smacked the Jazz by 30 last night in Utah without Vic as well. So make of that what you will. I am seeing improvement though

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We had our chances but this is still a pretty good team even without Oladipo. They're incredibly deep and win often on the strength of their bench. They're on a pace to win 50 games and we're on a pace to maybe win 15. It isn't much but at least we can console ourselves by remembering this same Oladiopo-less squad blew out Utah last night.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A power forward is almost as important as a point guard for the Suns. The needs are close to equal.

Illustrates just how awful of a GM Ryan McDonough was. How the @#$% did he last as long as he did?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That same team just destroyed the Jazz in Utah last night. They are a team with a lot of depth and are coached very well.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
...whereas we are a team with no depth and are coached very poorly.
This poor coaching take is getting old. He has his guys competing night in night out with no depth and no real point guard to work with. He is doing all this as a first time NBA head coach. If this team simply had better depth we are likely on like a 5 game win streak right now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This poor coaching take is getting old. He has his guys competing night in night out with no depth and no real point guard to work with. He is doing all this as a first time NBA head coach. If this team simply had better depth we are likely on like a 5 game win streak right now.

Not when the coach would just keep them benched for the likes of Ariza and Canaan. We had better options to play, including those who had outplayed both, and yet Kokoskov chose to gift Ariza and Canaan more minutes at critical times. Yes, effort (from those other than Ariza) has improved, but he was the one who had them playing with zero effort to begin with, and he us the one costing them games now (including three out of the last four losses).

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brutal I still think we should have won that by DD
Their shooters can shoot. Nothing Koko can do about that. The team played hard and I give them all props for that. Of course we want wins.
Too many missed layups. If Ayton rightfully stuffs half of those weak lay in attempts we perhaps win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake