TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
They still have Anthony Henry to cover Fitz, which would be my only concern

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So...If Pacman Plays...

If PacMan plays Sunday, can Cardinal fans come up with a something sweet with which to serenade him?

Anyone? Anyone?

(Buhler? Buhler?)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A football player is in a fight. Who cares? Oh wait, it is a Cowboy.

:ban:

I wouldn't care either but let's face facts if a normal citizen damaged the bathroom in a fancy hotel in a fight, while apparently having been drinking, a normal citizen would not just get away with no charges filed. A normal citizen would be charged with something, so should Pacman Jones if he's dumb enough to do this, especially given his past record.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't care either but let's face facts if a normal citizen damaged the bathroom in a fancy hotel in a fight, while apparently having been drinking, a normal citizen would not just get away with no charges filed. A normal citizen would be charged with something, so should Pacman Jones if he's dumb enough to do this, especially given his past record.
trooff.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

If Pacman doesn't get some "anger management", he's liable to be O.J.'s roommate. :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Pacman doesn't get some "anger management", he's liable to be O.J.'s roommate. :D

I just have no sympathy for the guy after the incident in the strip club that resulted in some poor bouncer being paralyzed.

If that doesn't teach you to be accountable for your actions and stay out of trouble, I don't know what will. How does the guy sleep at night after something like that? Obviously he didn't intend for it to happen but he's got to realize it was his lifestyle that caused that whole thing, you'd think he'd be the best behaved guy in the NFL now.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Dont think he will be charged with anything for trying to beat up his bodygaurd considering the bodygaurd probably wont press charges since it is Jerry Jones that is the one who has his signature on his paycheck. But the hotel can press charges for property damage and I am sure the cops can slap something on him as well.

But having charges pressed against him doesnt mean much to Goodell who can suspend him no matter what as long as he deems his actions to be outside the lines of the agreement. Goodell IMO will in fact suspend him after his meeting with Jerry Jones and Pacman today.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont think he will be charged with anything for trying to beat up his bodygaurd considering the bodygaurd probably wont press charges since it is Jerry Jones that is the one who has his signature on his paycheck. But the hotel can press charges for property damage and I am sure the cops can slap something on him as well.

But having charges pressed against him doesnt mean much to Goodell who can suspend him no matter what as long as he deems his actions to be outside the lines of the agreement. Goodell IMO will in fact suspend him after his meeting with Jerry Jones and Pacman today.
This sentence, considering it's source, just brightened up my day. I hope you're right.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is it confirmed that Godell is meeting with the Jones' on this matter before Sunday?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Supposedly part of Jones agreement with the commish, was a midnight curfew, and this "incident" occured at 1:30 am. Also supposedly, there is a zero tolerance with regard to Jones. It's hard to see how he doesn't get suspended. Not getting suspended after he alledgedly went after the bodyguard and threw the first punch would not send the message Roger Goodell has been consistent on since he took the reins.

Only problem is Jones probably does play this weekend. :(

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly part of Jones agreement with the commish, was a midnight curfew, and this "incident" occured at 1:30 am. Also supposedly, there is a zero tolerance with regard to Jones. It's hard to see how he doesn't get suspended. Not getting suspended after he alledgedly went after the bodyguard and threw the first punch would not send the message Roger Goodell has been consistent on since he took the reins.

Only problem is Jones probably does play this weekend. :(

Does being in a hotel room not qualify as meeting the curfew? I would think it does.

Goodell's track record says he'll suspend him just a matter of when.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does being in a hotel room not qualify as meeting the curfew? I would think it does.

Goodell's track record says he'll suspend him just a matter of when.

But he wasnt in his hotel room Russ. He was in the Hotel but not in his room. Likely returning late from somewhere at 1:30 AM or returning from the hotel bar would be my guess.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he wasnt in his hotel room Russ. He was in the Hotel but not in his room. Likely returning late from somewhere at 1:30 AM or returning from the hotel bar would be my guess.

Do we know that? I just saw damaged bathroom and assumed it was his room but you may be right.

They will almost assuredly suspend him but yeah if he directly violated terms of his reinstatement, he should be suspended immediately.

if nothing else it sends a message to the Jerry Jones of the league if you're going to give 2nd chances to guys like Pacman and Tank Johnson, realize they may let you down.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we know that? I just saw damaged bathroom and assumed it was his room but you may be right.

They will almost assuredly suspend him but yeah if he directly violated terms of his reinstatement, he should be suspended immediately.

if nothing else it sends a message to the Jerry Jones of the league if you're going to give 2nd chances to guys like Pacman and Tank Johnson, realize they may let you down.

Yes we know it wa sin the lobby. On ESPN radio Mike Tirico was saying that there were numerous witnesses including guests and hotel employees who saw pac-man take off his shirt and go into the lobby bathroom after the bodyguard had went in first and heard fighting and fists landing inside the bathroom.

Call me crazy but Im pretty sure that couldnt happen in the room. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we know it wa sin the lobby. On ESPN radio Mike Tirico was saying that there were numerous witnesses including guests and hotel employees who saw pac-man take off his shirt and go into the lobby bathroom after the bodyguard had went in first and heard fighting and fists landing inside the bathroom.

thanks I hadn't heard that. If that's the case how in the hell did he not get arrested? If you were called to the scene of that wouldn't you arrest him or does someone have to file a complaint for him to be arrested?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Epecailly while his bodyguard was a leak..

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Source: Cowboys determine Pacman scuffle didn't break rules
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: October 9, 2008, 1:34 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print

Another Distraction For The CowboysAn internal investigation by the Dallas Cowboys into Adam "Pacman" Jones' latest incident concludes that he was not in violation of his contract, or the understanding about conduct he had with owner Jerry Jones, a high-ranking team official said.

The team plans no disciplinary action, the source said.

An independent investigation by NFL security is underway but has not yet presented a report to commissioner Roger Goodell.

According to an investigation conducted by team security, the team official said Jones did get into a brief scuffle with the bodyguard that was assigned to the defensive back for a private event Tuesday night at a Dallas hotel.

The bodyguard, an off-duty policeman who is part of a security detail assigned to Jones, told team security that some "kidding around" and "playfulness" between himself and the player resulted in a brief scuffle in a restroom. A vanity mirror suffered minor damage.

The incident happened shortly after 11 p.m.

A team official said the incident happened shortly after 11 p.m., although it has been reported that police were not called until 1:30 a.m.

Police determined that the incident did not merit any charges. Jones and his bodyguard, along with Jones' girlfriend and cousin, left the event together before midnight.

The head of security for the Cowboys delivered his findings to Jerry Jones, whom sources say is content that the incident has been overblown. However, the owner has reminded Pacman that his reputation and prior incidents place him under the highest scrutiny.

The NFL had no comment as of Thursday morning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3634226

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks I hadn't heard that. If that's the case how in the hell did he not get arrested? If you were called to the scene of that wouldn't you arrest him or does someone have to file a complaint for him to be arrested?

Victim being bodyguard would have to want to press charges. But like has been said earlier JJ pays his salary so you know wouldn't do that.

Hotel would have to press charges for the damage to the hotel. They didnt either probably because the Cowboys stay there all the time would be my guess and they know Jones will pay for the damages.

If I was the body guard I would seriously be worried about some strange drive by in the not so near future!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bodyguard, an off-duty policeman who is part of a security detail assigned to Jones, told team security that some "kidding around" and "playfulness" between himself and the player resulted in a brief scuffle in a restroom. A vanity mirror suffered minor damage.

They were playing around while the dude had his junk in his hand? Something dont sound right here..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Victim being bodyguard would have to want to press charges. But like has been said earlier JJ pays his salary so you know wouldn't do that.

Hotel would have to press charges for the damage to the hotel. They didnt either probably because the Cowboys stay there all the time would be my guess and they know Jones will pay for the damages.

If I was the body guard I would seriously be worried about some strange drive by in the not so near future!

Thanks.

Clearly they need to involve CSI to see the actual time since it's quite apparent the Cowboys internal "investigation" set the time at 11pm specifically to not violate his curfew.

And people wonder why they have such a bad reputation, they made such a big deal about how careful they were being with Pacman and now they just want to sweep it under the rug because they need him to play.