Pashos signs with Jags

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/030207/jag_pashos.shtml
Former Raven on track to join Jaguars

By MICHAEL C. WRIGHT, The Times-Union

The Jaguars, on the verge of their first free-agent signing of 2007, have agreed to terms with former Baltimore offensive tackle Tony Pashos, who will fly to Jacksonville later this afternoon to take a physical.
"As long as the physical checks out we'll sign him today," Jags coach Jack Del Rio said.

Financial terms weren't disclosed.

A fifth-year veteran, Pashos (6-6, 320 pounds), immediately becomes the club's starter at right tackle. He'll take over for Maurice Williams, who enters his seventh season. Williams and Khalif Barnes will compete for the start at left tackle.

"He's a good, solid player; a stronger, bigger man that will give us a push in the run game and give us a firmer pocket," Del Rio said. "We feel like the other guys will compete and give us more production from the left-tackle position."

Pashos started all 16 games for the Ravens in 2006 and seven games in 2005. Del Rio said the club is also in the midst of other negotiations, but declined to discuss specific details. The Jaguars historically don't bring free agents to town unless the team is close to a deal with the player.

Sign Stinchcomb NOW!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't worry, guys! I think you're all forgetting about a certain name... Oliver Ross? We're fine at tackle. Just ask Rod Graves! We're only going to improve the belly of the team through free agency!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Don't worry, guys! I think you're all forgetting about a certain name... Oliver Ross? We're fine at tackle. Just ask Rod Graves! We're only going to improve the belly of the team through free agency!

And don't forget the extremely productive "summer" period.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The front office should re-double their efforts.

They should triple it. I mean its only fair since Graves tripled his salary with his new contract compared to his 2006 salary.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
They should triple it. I mean its only fair since Graves tripled his salary with his new contract compared to his 2006 salary.

Wait to judge him until his plan is complete and we are enjoying another 5-11 season.

OP
OP
BACH

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
What a dissapointment? Its sad when the only person scheduled for a visit is the rams 3rd CB. So much for that whole agressive thing huh.

The day is still young.

Realisticly Pashos was the 3rd guy on Graves OT list behind Stinchcomb and Big. It makes me nervous that he's gone, but no need to panic yet.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What a dissapointment? Its sad when the only person scheduled for a visit is the rams 3rd CB. So much for that whole agressive thing huh.

I don't like the BS RG tried to spew the other day in regard to our available cap room but it is still early and all I want is for them to improve the team.

The oline is still priority #1. They have to get at least 2 guys in FA.

We also need a starting OLB, starting FS, and another CB in FA to compete for a starting position with Green and Rolle.

If they don't address these needs with players that are actually upgrades...then we have been had again by RG.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The day is still young.

Realisticly Pashos was the 3rd guy on Graves OT list behind Stinchcomb and Big. It makes me nervous that he's gone, but no need to panic yet.

Yes the "day" is young, but look at all the players who have scheduled meetings through sunday. We are not even on the list. We have one player coming in, not even a premier player but a player that will fight to be a 3rd CB.

Yeah im a little upset, when they said agressive i expected at least 3 or 4 visits this weekend.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yes the "day" is young, but look at all the players who have scheduled meetings through sunday. We are not even on the list. We have one player coming in, not even a premier player but a player that will fight to be a 3rd CB.

Yeah im a little upset, when they said agressive i expected at least 3 or 4 visits this weekend.

Yeah, not to worry, Fisher is coming in Sunday.:bigyawn:

Last edited:

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Our team is obviously so good that no free agents can help us.

I have to say, kidding aside, that I don't mind passing on the overpriced OTs on the market. Pashos hasn't even started much and he gets an 8-figure signing bonus (per ESPN)?? Whatever. Pass. We could draft someone in the second round to play as well as Pashos. And Stinchcomb is thoroughly mediocre...whoever pays that guy $5 million per year or more is in for a big disappointment.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Our team is obviously so good that no free agents can help us.

I have to say, kidding aside, that I don't mind passing on the overpriced OTs on the market. Pashos hasn't even started much and he gets an 8-figure signing bonus (per ESPN)?? Whatever. Pass. We could draft someone in the second round to play as well as Pashos. And Stinchcomb is thoroughly mediocre...whoever pays that guy $5 million per year or more is in for a big disappointment.

We are gonna have so much money left over i dont care about overpaying for an upgrade. We have too much money, they need to spend it on someone.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hope not for Matt's sake. If Big was driving everybody crazy with his offsides, Ross would blow Big's offside records. Scary

What a team. They had Wells holding, Ross and Davis moving early, and Step getting blown up in the middle.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
We are gonna have so much money left over i dont care about overpaying for an upgrade. We have too much money, they need to spend it on someone.

I'd agree except that I don't really think Jon Stinchcomb is an upgrade over anything. Yeah, he's better than Oliver Ross, but so are you.

This happens every year in free agency - everyone on the board picks some guy that no one even heard of 6 weeks ago and now we can't possibly live without him. Stinchcomb is just a body. He has almost no power and his mediocre/average pass-blocking doesn't make up for how horrible he is in the run game.