Per Schefter - Kerry Rhodes now a Card

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Can't say that I've watched a lot of his play, but hey, given the reaction from you folks, I'M PUMPED!!!!!!!

Hey, Red Desert, when they reported that Whiz was getting more control, this is the first sign! We are operating like a first-class organization all the way thus far. What they did for Q...how they fought for Dansby and Rolle and what they did today are all very very postitive signs!!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Here is the Real dynamic Duo Rolle! AW + Rhodes > Rolle + Phillips. Suck it doubters!

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All in all, I LIKE this move a lot!!

NFL career

Kerry Rhodes was drafted in the 4th round (123rd overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft by the New York Jets. That same year, he beat out Oliver Celestin for the starting job at strong safety and started in 16 consecutive games in 2005. In his first professional season, Kerry recorded 108 total tackles (85 solo), a sack, an interception, 9 pass deflections and a forced fumble.

Is Rhodes a SS or a FS? I thought we needed a FS to replace Rolle?

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Just speculation, but since it was reported that KC was in on the Boldin talks, the LB was Derrick Johnson.

Derrick Johnson of the Chiefs or Antwan Barnes of the Ravens are my two guesses.

As far as the Rhodes trade...I am stoked. Great move by Graves and Co.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Thanks Mitch. Is Johnson an upgrade over Dansby?

Not sure about that, Bullhead...he's a special athlete, but he somehow hasn't as yet quite played nearly as close to his potential...and like Bill Parcells always says about potential, "that means you haven't done anything yet."

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Rhodes a SS or a FS? I thought we needed a FS to replace Rolle?

He is a natural S who can play both positions. All I know is we upgraded the position. Who thought that possible last night?

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
HELL YEAH!!!! Great for the team and a safety duo of Rhodes and Wilson will hit stick the helllll out of people on madden!!!

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
what did Rolle say that everyone is referring to?

http://www.nydailynews.com

He think they’ll be the most dynamic safety tandem in the entire NFL.
“The best in the league, hands down,” Rolle said on a conference call with reporters this morning. “Without a doubt. … I mean, The sky’s the limit for us. We’re definitely going to go out and make things happen.”

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The deal features base salaries of $2.78 million (2010), $2.525 million (2011), $3.5 million (2012) and $4.5 million (2013), plus a $2 million roster bonus due March 12. The Jets already paid a $6 million signing bonus as part of the deal, so the Cardinals come out of this one pretty good financially.

Rhodes will come much cheaper than what the Cardinals offered safety Antrel Rolle before Rolle signed with the Jets instead. The Cardinals have been speaking with Rhodes' agent for some time; Todd France also represents recently departed linebacker Karlos Dansby.

Saved quite a bit of money over re-signing Rolle.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Wonder who the LB was and if we can revisit the trade?

I just emailed Jurecki because he was supposed to say who in his last broadcast but never got around to it. See if he answers back or not.