Per Schefter - Kerry Rhodes now a Card

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree TJ. I think this deal was in the works for a while now. It was rumored yesterday and I think the extra picks gave the Cards the ammo to get this finalized. If Graves and co. make personel decisions based on fan reactions we are screwed. It's not the way to run an organziation. I also think we may see another "big" acquisition before the end of next week.

Totally agree. I said it yesterday, "No Fear". These ain't your Daddy's Cardinals. The chess game will continue. Whiz and the F.O. guys are hard at work crunching numbers, making phone calls, moving the pieces around on the board.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
He's a great player, but let's not get so excited that we overlook the fact that the Jets wanted to unload him. He has some attitude problems.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I'm as happy as a little GIRL...

You must be registered for see images

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Wow sounds like we stole him. Rhodes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rolle
And Rhodes $$$ <<< Rolle $$$

Rhodes is a better pass defender than Rolle

We just got better at safety position at a much lower price!

This is awesome

Graves rocks

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a great player, but let's not get so excited that we overlook the fact that the Jets wanted to unload him. He has some attitude problems.

Dude is an upgrade at the position! Let us wallow in our happiness! :)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I want to enjoy this signing, but my small darkside asks this questions: "How long unitl Rhodes start crowing about his contract because a player like Rolle is making double his salary?"

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
went on the jets boards and all they have to say is that he is a soft premadonna who can't tackle and that they want atogwe which is the reason why they let him go. I hope this is just a lot of trash talking because they lost him, but getting benched in the middle of the season isnt a good sign folks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What happened yesterday gave me such a headache from being upset of losing 3 starters. I just woke up from a 2 hour nap & come back to see this!!! Maybe I should go into hibernation until after draft day. Very nice

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What happened yesterday gave me such a headache from being upset of losing 3 starters. I just woke up from a 2 hour nap & come back to see this!!! Maybe I should go into hibernation until after draft day. Very nice

Yup! Just about everyone is backing away from the ledge and crawling through the window to get back into the building. :D

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
2009 stats
TOT/SOLO/AST/SACK/TLOSS/FF/BK/PD/INT/YDS/AVG/LNG/TD
Rolle 72/61/11/1.5/2/1/0/8/4/71/17.8/29/0
Rhodes 63/55/8/0/2/0/0/13/3/17/5.7/11/0

Rhodes was benched for two games so his stats are mostly in 14 games.

Bold show passes defended.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Gotta disagree. There's nothing mixed about that.

They hated him and wanted him gone. Like Feeble said, Jets fans saw him as soft and a prima donna. Comments like:

"Always out of position"

"Puzzy"

"Hollywood"

and "Other than that one good season in '06"

Doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement to me.

We'll see.

Sounds like us describing Antron.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
went on the jets boards and all they have to say is that he is a soft premadonna who can't tackle and that they want atogwe which is the reason why they let him go. I hope this is just a lot of trash talking because they lost him, but getting benched in the middle of the season isnt a good sign folks.

It's funny how fans thrash players once they leave. I bet those same people where crowing about his play two years ago.

He was playing like one of the best safetys in the NFL not too long ago, but became frustrated with how he was used by the new defense in NY and blew up with their secondary coach.

He is without question better than Antrel (who I liked) and I'm willing to bet he will like the agressive schemes that Billy Davis uses here.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.

O.J.Atogwe won't be able to pass a physical from surgery for a good while.LOL

I'm pretty sure we'll end up with Foote and a inside and outside LB in the top 3 picks due to depth there this year and our needs with Hayes' health problems and a possibility for one of the top 5 OT's that one may fall.

I'm all for a 3rd rounder for Kirk Morrison myself.Maybe go after a possible falling NT from Bama in Cody.Who Knows? With improvements from Toler,Johnson & Cody Brown along with Will Davis on a great offseason Lott program,WE WILL BE MUCH BETTER!!!I'll take either LB from Iowa anyday or that stud OT that will go very early.I'm the guy who pushed hard all last off season for Shonn Greene from Iowa too.

I also have confidence that Lienart can lead this team just fine too.

In Whiz I TRUST!!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kerry Rhodes is definitely not a sure thing, but he has showed glimpses of being a top notch safety. He was benched last year, and has been disgruntled in New York, but hopefully a change of scenery will help. He is also reunited with his DB coach when he was a rookie in Henderson (I think). Good or bad, we made a solid move to fill a hole.

Beerfish

Reaction score
Jets fan here. I'll give you my low down on Rhodes. (Which is not the gospel as there is a huge difference in opinion on this trade.)

A few years back one could legitimately argue that Rhodes was a top 3 safety in the league. Huge play maker and a huge impact player. However for whatever reason he has declined the past couple of years.

Last year he was benched for a few games for his play. Here is what he was like last year.

- Still good in man coverage, took some high impact TE's out of games.
- Very very soft in the tackling dept.
- Looked like he lost a step at times, looking slow or taking bad angles.
- Suspect in some zone defenses by not making plays on anyone.
- Not comitted to the team and too much into things other than football.

Now, if he returns to the form he had a couple years ago, which he very well could you guys have yourselves a steal. If he plays the way he did last year he'll be pretty frusterating.

As I said, a huge difference in opinion on the Jets forums. Some still loved the guy and thought he was an important part of the team, others were happy to see him gone. In anycase he is well worth the price you guys paid for him even if he doesn't pan out. You got him cheap.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was Smith healthy in the playoffs? Rhodes started all three postseason games...

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jets fan here. I'll give you my low down on Rhodes. (Which is not the gospel as there is a huge difference in opinion on this trade.)

A few years back one could legitimately argue that Rhodes was a top 3 safety in the league. Huge play maker and a huge impact player. However for whatever reason he has declined the past couple of years.

Last year he was benched for a few games for his play. Here is what he was like last year.

Now, if he returns to the form he had a couple years ago, which he very well could you guys have yourselves a steal. If he plays the way he did last year he'll be pretty frusterating.

As I said, a huge difference in opinion on the Jets forums. Some still loved the guy and thought he was an important part of the team, others were happy to see him gone. In anycase he is well worth the price you guys paid for him even if he doesn't pan out. You got him cheap.
Thanks for the insight. Sounds like at worse he will be another Antrel Rolle.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. My wife is a huge Jets fan and so our house was rooting hard for you in the playoffs this year.
Cards biggest issue has been covering TE's, if KR can shut them out this trade is a huge plus.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks BeerFish, nice to have a Jets fans opinion.

I am hopefull he works out but I worry about the soft at the point of tackle talk.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05