Per Schefter - Kerry Rhodes now a Card

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i think a guy who now has to jump into the Cards draft discussion is Taylor Mayes. I think he's being way underrated and would be happy with him. The one concern i have about Mayes is that i think i heard that he has only 1 INT the last 3 years. But, with his athletic and hitting ability, he can be made into a very good player with NFL coaching. DRC was kind of considered a freakish type talent,with question marks, when he came out and he has turned out great. I think Mayes will too.

FWIW I'm pretty sure the only reason Rolle got into the Pro Bowl was because Nick Collins got hurt and Darren Sharper was playing in the Super Bowl. I will guarantee you FS is on the bottom of the Cardinals draft list after the Rhodes trade, unless Eric Berry somehow drops to #26. Mays is a workout warrior that didn't impress in the coverage drills at the combine, I want nothing to do with him. Safety ratings from last season:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi...e=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

You can worry about Rhodes' range all you want, but he didn't give up one TD last year and QB's passer rating when targeting him was 55. He was a piece of the best secondary in the NFL, we've got much bigger issues than FS to deal with right now.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm just skeptical that he's all that good and what people are making him out to be. But i've been wrong a zillion times before.

I have said the same thing about Rolle about 15 times today.

A lot of happy Giant fans around my workplace today, I am trying not to be a rain on thier collective parade, but they think they just got Ed Reed.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I liked Rolle as a player --

but can anybody who follows this team mention Antrel's name in the same breath as Ed Reed, Polomalu, Bob Sanders, etc?

honestly -- its not even close.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05