Peter Warrick

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It looks like Cincy will be releasing him.I say he'd be a perfect fit for this team. He could be the new punt returner and be the 4th WR. The guy has enormous talent and Carson Palmer was singing his praises in this morning's paper and lobbying for Cincy to keep him.I don't want to hear the Charles Lee/Dan Sheldon are better arguments because that is pure nonsense. Warrick would make this team even more dangerous.A topr WR corp of Boldin,Fitz, BJ and Warrick would be pretty impressive.Green did say they would probably claim a guy off waivers to replace Redmond.I hope it's Warrick. Quan and Dockett need to get in Green's ear to get another FSU guy in here.

:bhiich:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was called the Seminole Criminole comming out of FSU, but I don't think he's been a problem once he's reached the NFL (at least not lately--I can't think of anything). If he'd be okay competing for the #3 spot and playing in the #4, I'd be down with it...but I don't think this is where he'll want to come.

seesred

Reaction score
He is a guy worth looking at. Nothing would surprise me with Greens desire to mold us into a winner.

GBR

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Pariah said:
He was called the Seminole Criminole comming out of FSU, but I don't think he's been a problem once he's reached the NFL (at least not lately--I can't think of anything). If he'd be okay competing for the #3 spot and playing in the #4, I'd be down with it...but I don't think this is where he'll want to come.

If the Cards claim him, he doesn't have a choice.But you're right he may go unclaimed and become free agent.I don't know what his salary cap number is if he's claimed and that could be a big factor.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
He's been hurt a lot hasn't he? I thought that's why they let him go...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He was accused of dogging his last rehab assignment, which is the reason that he's getting cut. The question is: do the Cards need another possession WR? I don't really think so, and that's all that Warrick is. He'd look good in a Panthers/Falcons/Vikings/Bears (that's the stuff) uni.

I'd rather take the guy that the Jags just cut--Troy Edwards. Could do the same thing, but also had a 22.3 yd kick return average and fielded some punts for J-ville last season.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
He was accused of dogging his last rehab assignment, which is the reason that he's getting cut. The question is: do the Cards need another possession WR? I don't really think so, and that's all that Warrick is. He'd look good in a Panthers/Falcons/Vikings/Bears (that's the stuff) uni.

I'd rather take the guy that the Jags just cut--Troy Edwards. Could do the same thing, but also had a 22.3 yd kick return average and fielded some punts for J-ville last season.

Troy Edwards is definetely worth a look.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
If the Cards claim him, he doesn't have a choice.But you're right he may go unclaimed and become free agent.I don't know what his salary cap number is if he's claimed and that could be a big factor.
For some reason I thought vets didn't go through the waiver process?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pariah said:

He's gone through four years, so I don't think he has to go through the waiver process. At this point, I expect that someone will sign him to a one-year deal after Week 1.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Pariah said:
You could be right.I just assumed,at this time of year,everyone who gets cut goes through waivers first.Just like when Hearst got cut and the Bengals claimed him.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
You could be right.I just assumed,at this time of year,everyone who gets cut goes through waivers first.Just like when Hearst got cut and the Bengals claimed him.

Nope.

Waiver system is active all year long, at least I know it is up to the trade deadline.

K9 got the years right.

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
I'd pick him up just to return kickoffs and punts.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
NO thanks...if we pick anybody up, I would like it to be a serviceable O-lineman...We've got plenty of talent at WR...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
We've got plenty of talent at WR...

The first 3 yes.

But we could use an upgrade at #4 and #5 WR, and we could use a huge upgrade in the KR/PR area with Redmond out.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Bengals | Warrick's Contract Terminated
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:02:44 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have terminated the contract of WR Peter Warrick, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Reaction score

:stupid: :bhiich:
If available... I'd take Edwards over Warrick.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sticky wicket is that Warrick is a FA and not a pure waiver guy. Which means his agent can offer him to the highest bidder. The Cardinals are paying their top 3 receivers primo money and they may not want to invest much more of their cap budget in the wideout position by paying a former 1st rounder the kind of money he thinks he deserves.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I don't think it would hurt to offer both of them contracts of say 750,000 and see who bites first. Neither one of them is going to get a 3 million dollar a year contract at this time. They will be lucky to get 1 million a year.