Phoenix @ Dallas - Game Thread - Wed. Mar 14, 2007 - 6:00 pm

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns are getting 1/3 - 1/4 of the calls the should and Dallas is getting 2X the calls the should. Thats the difference in the game.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Suns 20 rebounds thats the difference..

Boris Diaw = Overpaid Lazy ......
Bell = Worst Rebounder at his position in the entire league, possibly regardless of position.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I like how vicious amare has been on the inside. Kind of reminds me of a persian cat.

I like how the suns manage to keep shooting steady for 3's, basically going arctic cold the rest of these games after shooting insane in the first.

I like how the suns bring defensive intensity through the thick of it, causing turnovers in the first and then turning into soft matresses for the rest of the game.

Rebounding? What is that?

Etc. etc.

:barf:

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
Suns are getting 1/3 - 1/4 of the calls the should and Dallas is getting 2X the calls the should. Thats the difference in the game.

Actually the difference in the game is that Dallas actually cares about rebounding and the defensive end where with the Suns do not. Sarver needs to call D'Antoni out on this. Either focus on defense and rebounding or find a new job.

Last edited:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Actually the difference in the game is that Dallas actually cares about rebounding and the defensive end where with the Suns do not. Sarver needs to call D'Antoni out on this. Either focus on defense and rebounding or find a new job.

That is not really even the whole picture here, so the suns are average defensively but are supposed to be extremely effective offensively.

What happends?

Ice cold for 3's the rest of the game, not running and executing the offense, nobody cutting etc.

So basically we are playing bad defense and doing didly poo on offense = blown out by the mavs.

At least do something on offense!!!

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score

I don't think so.

Mavs shot is pretty easy, tactics is easy

AJ trust all of his players. Who is Barea? I don't know, but AJ can let his players know that everyonw must pay attention to the game, even only 1 minute chance to play.

Mavs opp scoring from 28th to 2nd is not easy, if D'Antoni is a good coach, AJ should be great coach

Last edited:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our players have the inside position on rebounds and get shoved under the basket with no calls.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Jason terry and Stackhouse: "Hey suns, this is called making a 3 after the first quarter"

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Hey nice contesting dirk on that dunk there amare, way to duck and fold like a lawn chair.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
******* coaching by D'Antoni to not go to Amare against a soft team like Dallas the entire game and play small ball while getting killed on the boards.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
That is not really even the whole picture here, so the suns are average defensively but are supposed to be extremely effective offensively.

What happends?

Ice cold for 3's the rest of the game, not running and executing the offense, nobody cutting etc.

So basically we are playing bad defense and doing didly poo on offense = blown out by the mavs.

At least do something on offense!!!

Suns are shooting 57% from the field and 43% from 3 point range that is plenty enough offense to win games. The problem is the Suns are a -19 on the rebounding margin. The Mavs have as many offensive rebounds as the Suns do total rebounds which gives them easy 2nd chance opportunities.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a play where Barbosa held the ball for 8 seconds, looked around and shot a three. I'm pretty sure that isn't your offense.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Suns are shooting 57% from the field and 43% from 3 point range that is plenty enough offense to win games. The problem is the Suns are a -19 on the rebounding margin. The Mavs have as many offensive rebounds as the Suns do total rebounds which gives them easy 2nd chance opportunities.

No doubt I haven't mentioned the rebounds because everybody can see they have been absolutely abysmal.

But looking at scoring how bad has it been for the last 3 quarters, how inflated are those numbers from the first quarter.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Is Terry this good a shooter against everyone else? I remember the last game between these two teams he hit a few big threes down the stretch.

EDIT: that was one of the big differences in the series two years ago. Dallas got virtually nothing from their point guards.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Looking at the boxscore though one thing besides total rebounds sticks out like a sore thumb. Diaw has been completley transparent.

If he doesn't recover from this, and regain his jumpshot, we are in big trouble.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Diaw is more of a handicap than a help most of all of this season, nobody will take his contract off of our hands either at this point.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well at least we are finishing it off fighting, it looked like we were going to get blown out there for a while.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Overtime.

I don't care what anyone says about either team owning the other. They are neck and neck, regardless of who wins these games. Neither team is afraid of eachother and each believes/knows they can win on the other's court.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Dirk should have hit that raja didn't even contest him.

Dirk ni-choke-ski for mvp? Bleeeeeeaaah!!!!!!