Phoenix Suns Predictions Game

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Anyone interested in joining this game for the new season? this is how It works

for every game the Suns play you will get the chance to predict the scores for each game and you get points for certain areas

Correct winning team - 5 points
Correct score spread - 10 points
Correct score - 25 points
Correct Top Scorer for the Suns -10 points
Correct amount of points the Suns score - 10 points

So for each game there is a maximum of 60 points available for each poster

here is an example of how It would work for each game

Suns 110 Dallas 100

Top Scorer- Amare

I will post a predictions game standings which will be updated after each game. Which the mods would sticky for me? Please reply here If you are interested in joining. I must also add that please don't join and do a few games. Would like people who will stick with this for the whole season.

I'm willing to do all this as long as there are a good amount interested in taking part.

So please reply here If you are interested?

People signed up for the predictions game

1-Dr Dumas
2-boisesuns
3-Elindholm
4-Amare32
5-Chaplin
6-Petryjr
7-Neo
8-Tobiazz
9-Zona90
10-Sunsfn
11-Wastedfate
12-BadaObing
13-TucsonDevil
14-Ollie
15-thegrahamcrackr
16-Zett

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sure, I'll do that, but I'll probably quit once it's clear that I'm getting my ass kicked. :shrug:

One question: Is "correct score" the correct score for both teams, or just for the Suns? If it's for both teams, my guess is almost no one will ever get it right.

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Sure, I'll do that, but I'll probably quit once it's clear that I'm getting my ass kicked. :shrug:

One question: Is "correct score" the correct score for both teams, or just for the Suns? If it's for both teams, my guess is almost no one will ever get it right.

Correct score meaning the correct score you prediction for example If I predict the suns will beat the mavs 111-100 on opening night and they win by that score then I will get 25 points. If you get the correct score but predicted the other team then sadly you won't get any points for It.

There is a slim chance people will get the correct score right but thats why there is such a big amount of points awarded If someone does get It right. Due to the amount of points on offer If you are behind on the standings you can quickly get back into It.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amare32 said:
Correct score meaning the correct score you prediction for example If I predict the suns will beat the mavs 111-100 on opening night and they win by that score then I will get 25 points. If you get the correct score but predicted the other team then sadly you won't get any points for It.

There is a slim chance people will get the correct score right but thats why there is such a big amount of points awarded If someone does get It right. Due to the amount of points on offer If you are behind on the standings you can quickly get back into It.

If someone guesses the correct score like that, you should just end the game and declare that person the winner. :D

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
The game wouldn't be much fun If I did that:p

So Chaplin are you in?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If you get the correct score but predicted the other team then sadly you won't get any points for It.

Right, okay. For the record, I meant, does one get the prize by saying "The Suns will score 111 points"? Since point spread is already a category, there's a little redundancy there. The way you described is also clear.

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Yeah ok we could do that

You will now be able to get 10 points If you get the amount of points the Suns score correctly.

That way It will be easier to get more extra points if you are trying to catch up.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just want to be sure I understand ... So if you get the point spread right, that's 10 points, and if you get the Suns' score right, that's also 10 points, but if you get both right, it's a 25-point bonus on top of that. Right? Seems to make sense.

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Just want to be sure I understand ... So if you get the point spread right, that's 10 points, and if you get the Suns' score right, that's also 10 points, but if you get both right, it's a 25-point bonus on top of that. Right? Seems to make sense.

Yep thats right.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Heaven knows that I could use another reminder of how much I suck. Losing big time in this ought to do the trick. I'm in.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't want to make any false promises, but I would prob join in.

Maybe every few games, you could put in a bonus also. That could keep things fresh. For example:

* For 10 points, will Diaw outscore Parker this game?
* Will Amare get more rebounds than Brian Grant does points?
* Will <random white stiff> get 10 boards against the Suns?
* Will Stevie Franchise whine to the refs? (Well maybe that one's too obvious)
* etc

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
tobiazz said:

Maybe every few games, you could put in a bonus also. That could keep things fresh. For example:

* etc

That will likely be too confusing for me when I tally up the scores after each game. I want to keep It simple for when I update the standings. Don't want to get people's scores wrong because of all the detailed points I need to add up.

I will also be doing the game by game previews as well this year so there will be alot of work for me to do on the boards so I would rather keep It as It Is. Mainly If we get quite alot of people doing this. I'm hoping we get 14 at the very least for this...although 10 will do. We need a good amount to make this game more fun.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
tobiazz said:

* etc

That sounds like waaay too much work.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Now there's a gambler for you -- those are classic proposition bet scenarios.

I think that sounds really cool, but I agree it would be a lot of work for someone.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Throw me into the hat... sounds like some fun. This is the year to follow the Suns very closely....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake