Pistons Post Game Quotes

Toothbrush

Registered
Reaction score
I rarely comment on officiating. I feel like the refs are going to make mistakes sometimes so I don't normally say anything, but last nite was ridiculous. I agree the suns could have played better to ensure a win, but the officiating last nite made me yell at my radio like a mad man.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was terrible...i had the Tim Duncan face as I watched the last two minutes of regulation and OT

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
At the same time though, certain players have to step up and take some responsibility. Amare couldn't defend Wallace, down the stretch

Huh? Wallace shot only 4-11 from two-point range for the game, he made only 1 of his last 6 three-point attempts, and he shot zero free throws. Stoudemire's defense on Wallace was fine. Yes, once in a while Wallace made a difficult shot, as any good player will do if he takes several of them.

As far as Stoudemire's blocked attempt at the end goes, the Suns were already in desperation mode then. Sure, Stoudemire forced it, but he probably felt that they had to go for a quick strike and take their chances. You usually aren't going to get a premium opportunity in that kind of situation. Give Wallace credit for making a good play.

If you want to criticize Stoudemire, target his rebounding. He got three in the first few minutes (I remember the announcers saying so) and then only two more for the rest of the game. But offensively he was his usual efficient self (33 points only 18 FGA, with two turnovers and one missed free throw) and defensively he was plenty respectable.

Come on, the game went into overtime and could have gone either way. It was pretty much a coin flip and the Suns came up short. The important thing is that they played well. I'd much rather see them compete on the road against an elite team and lose by a sliver than watch them fart around against a lottery team at home and stumble to a six-point win. They looked every bit like a title contender last night and I don't know why anyone should be disappointed with the result.

bigfoot

Mystery solved.
Reaction score
Come on, the game went into overtime and could have gone either way. ... The important thing is that they played well. ... They looked every bit like a title contender last night and I don't know why anyone should be disappointed with the result.

Yes Yes Yes!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
omg guys suck it up and move on. we got robbed, but we also lost and nothing we say can change that. i want the suns to focus on refining their game rather than complaining about calls.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
The officiating sucks, but the team has to move on. I hate that they lost when they played just as well as the Pistons, but the good thing is they are still playing great ball.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
omg guys suck it up and move on. we got robbed, but we also lost and nothing we say can change that. i want the suns to focus on refining their game rather than complaining about calls.

Move on to what? The Celtics? The game is less than 24 hours old. In fact, there is less time that has passed since last night's game, than will pass between now and tomorrow's game. Relax.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Ok, so the Suns must play perfect at the end of every game to overcome bad officiating......otherwise it is their fault for losing because of the refs.......that sounds logical. Are you guys smoking the same stuff as Ambchang?

Sure it would be great if we made every perfect decision at the end of the game, but we still played well enough to win this game. If the refs didn't make multiple atrocious calls then the Pistons wouldn't have had a chance.
DON'T compare me to Amchang!
I've been a Suns fan for over 30 yrs - I remember the bogus non-technical in the Boston series - but I also remember thinking the Suns got FAVORABLE treatment on their way to the '93 finals.
Again - ONE made free throw by Grant Hill late in regulation, ONE secured defensive board - NOT perfection - and the Suns would have won. I HOPE the refs will be chastised by league mgt for some of their AWFUL calls last night. I HOPE the refs will stopped being fooled by Bowen and Ginobifloppili.
Is us griping about it on a message board going to solve the issue?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Suns fans and their utter hatred for refs. As bad as the refs are, I think the absolute pwnage that Rasheed put on Amare had a lot to do with the loss. How about Tuckey nailing jumper after jumper? The game had a difference of 5 points and I think the Suns, if they worked a little harder on D, could have made that up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fans and their utter hatred for refs. As bad as the refs are, I think the absolute pwnage that Rasheed put on Amare had a lot to do with the loss. How about Tuckey nailing jumper after jumper? The game had a difference of 5 points and I think the Suns, if they worked a little harder on D, could have made that up.

I don't hate the refs. I hate David Stern, but not the refs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Are you serious? Rasheed didn't "own" Amare at all. He made a few crazy shots, but Rasheed didn't own anything in that game. You're angry about the game and are now angry at Suns fans for being angry at the game and you're making stuff up to support your anger.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think the absolute pwnage that Rasheed put on Amare had a lot to do with the loss. How about Tuckey nailing jumper after jumper?

Stoudemire dominated his matchup with Wallace, and I hope you weren't expecting him to guard Tuckey.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
pwnage?

Rasheed: 9/21 23pts
Amare: 9/18 33pts

Where do you draw your conclusions from?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At the same time though, certain players have to step up and take some responsibility. Amare couldn't defend Wallace, down the stretch, and tried to force shots that weren't there on the other end. The officiating didn't help, and I realize no one wants to blame Amare, but he made some key mistakes that really cost the Suns. If he doesn't keep trying to force what isn't there, the Suns probably win that game.

actually, i blame dantoni. we came out of a timeout and that's when amare did the spinning getting his shot blocked thing. THAT'S what the coach drew up???? ugh. for an offensive genius he sure doesn't create many easy layup opportunities.

Reaction score

Who the heck is "Tuckey"?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually, i blame dantoni. we came out of a timeout and that's when amare did the spinning getting his shot blocked thing. THAT'S what the coach drew up???? ugh. for an offensive genius he sure doesn't create many easy layup opportunities.

He creates lots of good plays. I have seen it time and time again that D'Antoni draws good plays out of timeouts. It is one of his strengths.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
If you watched the ESPN highlight, it would appear Rasheed dominated Amare. It was pretty slanted in that direction, but maybe not so much the case in reality.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
pwnage?

Rasheed: 9/21 23pts
Amare: 9/18 33pts

Where do you draw your conclusions from?

Yes, the over all points are in Amare's favor, but clearly the game was determined by Wallace play against Amare down the stretch. Rasheed scored 5 points in under a minute to tie the game, all while taunting Amare with "you can't guard me." How did Amare respond? Gave up a big three in OT and then got his shot blocked.

The Shot block, yeah that might not be his fault. As pointed out above, that was the play that D'Antoni called out of a time out, and it was a stupid play to call. Getting blocked probably wasn't Amare's fault, but overall, if I'm Amare, I'm embarassed by the last min of that game and OT. That being the case, overall, Amare had the better game. If Amare doesn't score 33 points, the Suns aren't in the game to begin with, so putting the loss on Amare is hardly fair. In all fairness, that block was the only time all night that "Sheed" looked good against Amare.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the over all points are in Amare's favor, but clearly the game was determined by Wallace play against Amare down the stretch. Rasheed scored 5 points in under a minute to tie the game, all while taunting Amare with "you can't guard me." How did Amare respond? Gave up a big three in OT and then got his shot blocked.

The Shot block, yeah that might not be his fault. As pointed out above, that was the play that D'Antoni called out of a time out, and it was a stupid play to call. Getting blocked probably wasn't Amare's fault, but overall, if I'm Amare, I'm embarassed by the last min of that game and OT. That being the case, overall, Amare had the better game. If Amare doesn't score 33 points, the Suns aren't in the game to begin with, so putting the loss on Amare is hardly fair. In all fairness, that block was the only time all night that "Sheed" looked good against Amare.

embarassed than an all-star out played him the last minute of the game?

GENIUS!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please! Rasheed made the block that was about the only big thing he did all night, Amare owned Sheed if anything. They won the game plain and simple because of officiating!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Radio?! You were griping about the officiating while listening on the radio?! How can you gripe about calls you can’t even see?

haha Al McCoy has become a bitter old man over the last 10 years, he complains about every call.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05