Pittsburgh/Arizona Draft Trade Rumor...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way Faneca is worth swapping of both 1st and 2nd round picks.

So far it looks like there are 3 scenerios

AZ gets: Faneca, #15 & #46
PIT gets: #5
(I would not do)

AZ gets: Faneca
PIT gets: AZ's second rounder
(I would do)

PIT gets: #5 #38
(I laugh and hang up the phone.)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't think so.

I think what people are saying is that the below sounds equitable, and in fact, a very good deal for the cards.

PIT gets: #5

When the topic of giving up our second rounder comes into the equation, seems most have said "no thanks."

Except for abomb, who seemed to think it meant:

AZ gets: Faneca
PIT gets: AZ's second rounder

If that were the case (Faneca straight-up for our second pick), I'd do it, too.

I think the Steelers might be willing to take what they can get. It is similar to our situation with L. Davis. Try to get something, anything, rather than let the player leave and get nothing in return. We let Davis leave for nothing and some people were screaming for Grave's head on a platter. The Cards have all the leverage in this deal:

"Yeah Pitt, we'll take a disgruntled player off your hands, but you'll have to agree to our terms. Otherwise, we'll just pick him up after his contract expires next year and you get nothing." Faneca cannot be allowed to stay and undermine a new coach's regime.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
So Faneca would play LG and Deuce RG? Interesting idea, Faneca is a hell of a player and will be 31 in December so he's got a few good years left one would assume.

Totally agree with you, Russ.

It seems the Steelers are not interested in trading up...but they are interested in adding value picks on day one.

It's possible the Cards could get Faneca for their second rounder #38 or a package of their third rounder #69 and Milford Brown, who would become expendable with Faneca in place.

Imagine this scenario...trade with Atlanta down to #8 and add the Falcons' third rounder (#69)...select T Levi Brown at #8...make either one of the trades above with Pittsburgh...that would still alow the Cardinals three first day picks and have Faneca on board. That's a great deal, IMO.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys so willing to give up a 2nd for Faneca? The guy is a 31 year old malcontent. Our 2nd is pretty high and still could possibly get a 1st round talent there.

We need another LBer in the worst possible way. No way would I get rid of our second.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys so willing to give up a 2nd for Faneca? The guy is a 31 year old malcontent. Our 2nd is pretty high and still could possibly get a 1st round talent there.

We need another LBer in the worst possible way. No way would I get rid of our second.
Look at it this way, instead of cutting Kendall, the malcontent, they are trading for one. And Faneca is better than Kendall.

:)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at it this way, instead of cutting Kendall, the malcontent, they are trading for one. And Faneca is better than Kendall.

Not at the expense of a 2nd rounder no fricken way.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a problem with the fact we can get him for nothing after this year. I would give them a second straight up but no way I trade down for him.

Mitch

Reaction score

Yeah, but who says Faneca is a malcontent? He wants to play for the Cardinals and he's a perennial All-Pro with a Super Bowl ring.

Pete Kendall cannot even hold Faneca's jock...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but who says Faneca is a malcontent? He wants to play for the Cardinals and he's a perennial All-Pro with a Super Bowl ring.

i agree. I wasn't really serious.

Mitch

Reaction score
I have a problem with the fact we can get him for nothing after this year. I would give them a second straight up but no way I trade down for him.

The Cards would sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal with good guaranteed money...there's no question. If they don't, there's no deal.

Mitch

Reaction score
i agree. I wasn't really serious.

I know what you were trying to say, though, Mulli. It would be wonderful justice to get a player like Faneca to come here after the whole Kendall debacle. The Cards would have to ante up for Faneca...but it would be the best move of the off-season by far, IMO.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you were trying to say, though, Mulli. It would be wonderful justice to get a player like Faneca to come here after the whole Kendall debacle. The Cards would have to ante up for Faneca...but it would be the best move of the off-season by far, IMO.
That is what I was trying to express, but couldn't find the words.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
According to the pick value chart...

Thoughts

Well put. I like what I see. Always a big Staley supported before he started creeping up the boards. I also am a big Wright fan. Getting Faneca would be a major coup. If this were pulled off, the potential for an outstanding OL is fathomable. We will know pretty soon!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I say it. The way hes acting right now proves it Mitch.

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand why people think Miami/Atlanta can move up 3-4 spaces in the top ten for a 3rd Rounder.

According to the Point Value Chart the difference is 300-350 between #5 and #8/9, or in other words the equivlant of a mid second round pick.

Assuming Joe Thomas is Gone by #5 (I really think if he is there, I wouldn't make a trade and simply select him) and the Steelers continue to have problems with faneca, I would do the following

Cardinals trade #5 to Dolphins for #9 and #60 (works with PVC as well)

Cardinals then trade #60 pick and Milford Brown for Alan Fanaca (signed extention).

Cardinals use #9 pick to select Levi Brown and next year your O line looks like this:

LT: Levi Brown
LG: Alan Faneca
C: Al Johnson/Nick Leckey
RG: Deuce Lutui
RT: Oliver Ross/Mike Gandy/Reggie Wells

Use the 2nd round picK on Anthony Spencer, Victor Abiamiri, or David Harris

3rd round pick on Rufus Alexander, Josh Wilson, or Damion Hughes... and you have yourself one HELL OF A DRAFT!

Last edited:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why people think Miami/Atlanta can move up 3-4 spaces in the top ten for a 3rd Rounder.

According to the Point Value Chart the difference is 300-350 between #5 and #8/9, or in other words the equivlant of a mid second round pick.

Assuming Joe Thomas is Gone by #5 (I really think if he is there, I wouldn't make a trade and simply select him) and the Steelers continue to have problems with faneca, I would do the following

Cardinals trade #5 to Dolphins for #9 and #60 (works with PVC as well)

Cardinals then trade #60 pick and Milford Brown for Alan Fanaca (signed extention).

Cardinals use #9 pick to select Levi Brown and next year your O line looks like this:

Use the 2nd round picK on Anthony Spencer, Victor Abiamiri, or David Harris

3rd round pick on Rufus Alexander, Josh Wilson, or Damion Hughes... and you have yourself one HELL OF A DRAFT!

Now you're talking.

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Redskins take Landry at 6 the Falcons could take Levi Brown at 8.

I think they would take Amobi Okoye before they would take Brown, and I think they would Take Landry before Okoye.... It could happend but the way things have seemed to unfold lately it seems highly unlikely...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

A rookie and three spares. I see a lot of one step drops on passing downs.

I still would rather have:

LT Thomas/Brown
LG Milford Brown
C Leckey
RG Latui
LT Wells

Just for the continuity. Two things the Cards have not had during their 1 for Arizona losing streak, continuity on the offensive line and a stud running back.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please get it right? When you get it right, can you tell me how long Joe T's arms really are?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Is there any way we can trade for Leonard Davis?
Graves should be whipped with Mr. B's belt for not slapping the tag
on LD and playing him one more year before playing a rookie or adding some-
one else at tackle. And why did we resign Graves again?:doi: