Playoff Question

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
I thought if we beat Falcons and Eagles beat Vikings, Eagles will go to NY Giants and we will play Panthers. The lowest seed always plays the top seed is what I thought.

But what they show in the brackets in TV, the winner of Falcons/Cards play the NY Giants.. Is that right?

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
We are fourth seed, not sixth. As division winner, we're ahead of both wild card teams.

Thus, we hope Eagles win next week (and of course we win). The only way we get another home game in the playoffs is if Eagles stay alive.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We are fourth seed, not sixth. As division winner, we're ahead of both wild card teams.

Thus, we hope Eagles win next week (and of course we win). The only way we get another home game in the playoffs is if Eagles stay alive.

yep. If the Iggles win they travel to NY

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
being a cardinal fan my post season knowledge is lacking

So in the nfc there are 6 seeds

giants
panthers
vikes
cards
atlanta
philly

so 4 and 5 play (us and falcons) and 3 and 6 play in wildcard week.

so if I understand correctly there is no way that the 2nd week playoff games with seeds 1 and 2 will not be anywhere but thier house : XXX @ NY and YYY @ CAROLINA - correct?

NY will get the lowest seed left over from wildcard weekend and CAROLINA will get the other winner from wildcard weekend...

is all that correct?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
being a cardinal fan my post season knowledge is lacking

So in the nfc there are 6 seeds

giants
panthers
vikes
cards
atlanta
philly

so 4 and 5 play (us and falcons) and 3 and 6 play in wildcard week.

so if I understand correctly there is no way that the 2nd week playoff games with seeds 1 and 2 will not be anywhere but thier house : XXX @ NY and YYY @ CAROLINA - correct?

NY will get the lowest seed left over from wildcard weekend and CAROLINA will get the other winner from wildcard weekend...

is all that correct?

Yes, you are correct.

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
^^^Yes, that's all correct. The highest seeded Giants will get the lowest seeded winner from this weekend. The Giants will either host the Cardinals, Falcons or Eagles but they can't play the Vikings, if they win. Also the Panthers will either host the Cardinals, Falcons or Vikings but they can't play the Eagles, if they win.