Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Semifinals, Game 2 – Spurs At Suns Game Thread

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
And finally, props to Grant Hill for another great defensive effort with timely mid-court shots.

Props to JRich for hustle and again big shots and a sense of timing. I so gave up on him and wanted to trade him mid-season. I was so wrong.

Props to Nash for keeping guys involved and running the machine down the stretch after an awful start to the game.

And huge props to Amare. He is really focused on defense and rebounding this series so far. His effort there has been enormous and he's kept his complaining to the refs to a minimum. His offense continues to be insanely efficient, but I am most impressed with the consistent effort on the boards and on defense.

If he can keep that up on nights when he doesn't get to go big offensively? And if he can relish doing the dirty work when his teammates getting the offensive glory if they all get the Win? He's worth the max then, injury history be damned.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
And how about Channing Frye, eh? I think he earned another million tonight. Not only the 3pt bombs, but he played some nice defense on Timmy for awhile. Definitely kept Duncan out of a rhythm in the 2nd and made him work for it.

Never underestimate the value of active height in the NBA. Both in this game and game 1, Frye's length has visibly altered the Spurs PnR on some sets.

Frye is no great defender by any stretch, but I'd much rather have a 7ft guy who can play the high post and drain the 3 on offense, and play active if not great defense, than a 6'7" guy doing the same thing.

Esp with Lopez out, Frye showing up so far is HUGE.

Just like the Dudley quotes from SA board, I also will put up a thread topic on it's own with SA fans commenting on Frye and Dudley...it's pretty funny and interesting at the same time.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorrillalips, rather than removing all the cursing from the spurs, I just hid it under a spoiler.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And upon seeing the Chris Weber comments, I realize how futile enforcing the rules will be. Live it up guys but don't get too crazy (or I get in trouble).

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
From Spurstalk lol

"The rotations, the plays after timeouts, etc, etc

Alvin Gentry took ownership of Gregg Popovich bigtime!!!

Pop looks like a rookie coach out there. Pop better get his **** together or this is gonna b a short series"

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Awwww heck, and props to Goran too. The kid needs to stop taking those awful three point shots until he gets his confidence back, but he sure hustles on defense.

I of course forgot Lou. Hustle personified, even if this wasn't his best game.

And props to even Collins. Someone has to take some of those fouls on Duncan.

Props to the whole dang team! Especially Dan Majerle. He's the magic link to the Suns greats of yore. ;)

Aren't playoff wins great.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arodz
HELL YEAH!! Now let's see Jerad F'n Dudley play like that in our house.

I hate to break it to him but Dudley plays like "that" everywhere.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The true testament to how myopic these fans are is when they say they wouldn't trade George Hill and Dejaun Blair for Amare.

:slap:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a kick that most of the fans at spurstalk on a particular thread said they wouldn't trade Hill and Blair for Amare in a supposed trade proposal before the trading deadline. Talk about arrogance.

I don't think I brought anything back but I do itch a lot. :D

cly2tw

Reaction score
Gentry did very good job adjusting.

- Amare got fronted several times by Blair. TO, they found way to work around that for great results.

- When TD was the only big in there in the 4th, play small and force TD to cover Frye, for a couple huge 3s. Then, when Pop switched RJ on Frye, iso-ed Hill on TD for 2 huge baskets.

Aside from the opening jitter, we had a patient and dominant execution. Nash-Amare weren't working well in 1st half continuing the trend of 1st game. Somehow, at the crucial moment of crunch time, it worked again, even better than ever with huge Amare baskets late in the 4th, causing 5th foul on TD and Manu in a minute for and-1s. Amare missed several close-range shots, but the moves were all the right ones. Due to def. collapses, we got off. rebounds etc.

After the half, I never doubted we'd pull this one out. And, the way we controlled it makes no doubt that we'd win this series. Just no more those nervous waiting for the opponents come from behind types of games. We are confident to be able to make stops. That's huge!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The true testament to how myopic these fans are is when they say they wouldn't trade George Hill and Dejaun Blair for Amare.

:slap:

It seems we both took particular note of this thread. :lol:

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score

What do you expect? its a Spurs fan. They're just bitter that their PRECIOUS Tim Duncan cant play basketball no more.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess they haven't noted that the Suns bench often puts the Suns in position to win. It's not a fluke thing.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, just got back from the game and my ear still hurts. Pretty sure my voice will follow my hearing by morning :) but it was worth it. I have never seen USAC that loud. Even when the Suns were down double digits, it was still crazy.

Dudley is a stud, the look in his eyes was intense. Jrich and Frye stepped up big time. Barbosa is the only one that pretty much sucked, well there is Collins but he is a regular and anything from him is just icing....

I am surprised Popobitch didnt get a technical, i thought he was going to have a heart attack, which is BS considering tons of non-call with Nash being hacked and pushed.

Nice win Suns, nice win.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
That Spurs message board is hilarious... Its amazing how they are preparing the rope to hang Pop who has won four trophies for them.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Man, it's crazy how quick Spurs fans want to hang popovich, shoot bonner and throw manu to the dogs.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Typical Spurs fans turning on their own team when they're not playing up to scratch.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Man reading those comments from Spurs fans is funny. Their team has made us feel that way for so long it's nice to be on the other side of it tonight.

Unreal that they are all ready to hang Popa, you know, the coach who's led them to 4 titles... wow

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've NEVER seen this board this unanimous.

LET'S TAKE THIS SUCKER ON FRIDAY. STEP ON THEIR DAMN THROATS!!!!!!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare has been a beast against the Spurs :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great win and as I predicted the bench came to play tonight after pulling a disappearing act in game 1! People were telling me Nash is not going to average 30 in this series and I simply told them we have a bench so he doesn't have too for us to win games! Great win almost unreal to be up on the Sterns 2-0 crazy stuff!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05