PLEASE, loyal fans that GO to the games

seesred

Reaction score
If we are as good as we think we are playing the 49rs in Mexico might be a great advantage considering we couldn't beat them anyplace last year. It's not the end of the world and whether we win or lose that game it will not be becuase of where we played it. Don't forget the opther team has the same problems we have.

Havinf said that it's time to have another shot of tequila followed by some great Mexican brew...See you in Mexico city in october..

GBR

ROAD TRIP !

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we need to organize a group trip to Mexico City! :thumbup:

Any takers?

seesred

Reaction score
I'm in and I will work on tickets through the cards if we have a bunch that want to go.

Gbr

ROAD RIP!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Doesn't really bother me. It's not like they're going to charge us for it.

Play 16 games on the moon for all I care, just win for cryin' out loud.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Well, hopefully you guys that go down there for the game actually make it back. ;)

Seriously, I guess the frustrating part with this is that the Cards were the first team to jump in line and say "ME ME ME!" when the NFL proposed the idea...

Guess it's easy to compare their fan base to other teams in the NFL.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Perhaps I dont understand since I am not a season ticket holder...(I dont really see where that gives greater insight but ok) I just think the overreaction to one game being played in Mexico City (a game as seaon ticket holders your not even paying for) is outrageous.

This is a chance to advance this team on an international level. A chance to garner fans, cultivate relationships, and beat the niners at the same time! As Bidwill said tis is an "unprecedented event" and the first step in bring a full-time team to Mexico. (which WILL happen soon!)

Seems to me this could work out great for the Cards! I dont get all this
"the sky is falling" crap! :shrug:

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
It's good that we're not overreacting, that's the important thing.

You mean you don't feel like the monkey just stole your peach?

Attachments

• monkeystealspeach2.jpg
    monkeystealspeach2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 127

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Those of you that are cool with the decision:

Can you not see that even if it's "good" for the team (financially, yada yada yada) it can still suck to the fans, at least many of the diehard season ticket holders? :shrug:

That and the BS being spouted that the team didn't think this move would alienate any of their fans. Um, hello - get a clue. :doi:

I'm a diehard, always next year, season ticket holder and I'm not upset about the possibility. As long as I don't get charged for the game and it's shown on tv, I'm cool with it. I know its not the same thing as being there but I watch the Cards on tv with other Cards' fans and still have a ball.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What day is October second? Is that a Monday, Sunday? Who has a calander.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Will it be the ESPN Sunday Night game?

I bet it is!

That was what I was angling toward. I don't see how a nationally televised game can hurt us. I'm disappointed to not get to see it in person but this could end up filling seats for the rest of the season.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The ESPN Deportes indicated it would be Sunday Night Football!!

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
By giving away a home game, the Cards are just settling for their station as a B grade, also ran, not-a-legitimate-contender in this league. With one road victory in the past 2 years, to add a road game to our schedule is almost a guaranteed loss. It would be one thing, if the Cards had fought this thing, and the NFL made them give up our home game anyway, but the Cards seem all too happy to lay down on the tracks and allow the press to blame it on the fans. I've always hated the crowd in the valley that act like "why in the hell would you pay money to that team that doesn't seem to even try to put a winner of the field?" With this move, there isn't any credible answer to that question.

I even paid the $205 on the off chance of the playoffs thinking I'd just put it towards the Season tix I buy every year. Never thought I'd have a reason to want my money back. This is sick.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
But now I have to pay for 9 games to see 7 instead of paying for 10 to 8. I know it is not much of a difference but it still irks me. I would feel better about it if they didn't force us to buy those preseason games.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
i've been a season ticket holder for 7 years and I love the move. I can't wait to go to Azteca to see a game. I plan on going to 8 home games this year, except one will be in January. The "die hards" will complain today and mail off their invoice as soon as it comes in the mail. One less game at Sun Devil is a good thing.

Sun Devil= Half empty stadium with more 49ers fans than Cardinals fans, blacked out in PHX, played in 90-100 degree wheather

Azteca= 100,000 fans (and it will sell out), national TV, major event, exposure for players such as Boldin and Fitz, if they are gonna contend its time to start winning on the road anyway, a chance to see our favorite team play in Mexico City

All for it.

What he said. :stupid:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I agree this is utter B.S. Pre-season games are thrown in, as far as I'm concerned. Now they tell me I have to pay $612 for a 9 game season, with only 7 regular season games.

That works out to be $87.43 per regular season game. The one year they seem to be turning things around the Cardinals put themselves in a disadvantage by having less home games. This sounds like the old South Side Chicago Cardinals who played most games on the road because nobody came to see them at Comiskey Park.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Whatever. I'll get over it and be at all of the home games (in AZ) again. Still doesn't mean that I have to like it.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Doesn't really bother me. It's not like they're going to charge us for it.

Play 16 games on the moon for all I care, just win for cryin' out loud.
Except we(and just about any other team in the history of professional sports) play better at HOME. It's nice to have that advantage 8 times a year like everyone else.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Except we(and just about any other team in the history of professional sports) play better at HOME. It's nice to have that advantage 8 times a year like everyone else.

I hear ya. And given the choice I'd rather see them live, any day of the week. But we don't know all the details on this yet I don't think. We might get the same opportunity to take a division home game from an opponent next year, we might be getting a nice cash incentive, who knows.

I'd be a lot more pissed if they took a different home game. The Niners are going to blow goats this season, so I'm not all that worried.