MadCardDisease said:
thanks,

Now what does that mean in english? :shrug:

To whom you would support if Arizona and San Francisco in the Aztec
play?

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
This has been an interesting thread. Two different opinions and both have their merits.

Personally, I'm in the 'same ol' Bidwill' camp where a chance at winning (and giving the fans an even break) has once again been sacrificed for their own short term financial gain. It's no coincidence that we're the designated home team for this game.

That being said, this will all blow over if we win the game. If we lose, this will end up being yet another PR blunder for the Bidwills. Should be an interesting week.

lakeside_sooner

Sports Traveler
Reaction score
Who to believe.....

According to Sirius 124, the game is scheduled but they have not decided which team will give up the home game. However, ESPN says, according to the AZ Republic, its the Cardinals. Being a season ticket holder from out of state, I dont know how reliable the AZR is. Any thoughts on this?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Doesn't really bother me. It's not like they're going to charge us for it.

Play 16 games on the moon for all I care, just win for cryin' out loud.

Says the guy who puts futbol before football. :doi: :D

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
red desert said:
Thank you. That WILL GUARANTEE a homefield advantage. I'll be there to watch us kill the cuarenta y nueves (49ers in Spanish, i think).

Travel = not sleeping at home, using facilities that you are used to, etc.

Therefore travel != home game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a desperate attempt to expand their fan base, the Cardinals have gone from a Flex Pack...to a MEX Pack. :|

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
What's with this 'it's one less game to pay for garbage'!!!

If we were interested in not paying to not go to the game we wouldn't be season ticket holders!!!!

This is a reminder that Bill Bidwill is still in charge.

That even after the team does so much right. He still manages to slap the fans in the face.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
folks - if we need a home game against the Niners next year in order tobeat them, I'll guarantee we ain't having a winning season. Honestly, I don't think this bothers the Cards at all - we get to be the first team EVER to do something... and this means I don't have to go to a bar to watch it!

When we're beating on people, this will be the game where people actually stand up and take notice that we are for real - that we AREN'T the same old Cardinals.

Talk about having a hissy fit for relatively nothing - you'd think the NFL just crapped on people's heads...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
folks - if we need a home game against the Niners next year in order tobeat them, I'll guarantee we ain't having a winning season. Honestly, I don't think this bothers the Cards at all - we get to be the first team EVER to do something... and this means I don't have to go to a bar to watch it!

When we're beating on people, this will be the game where people actually stand up and take notice that we are for real - that we AREN'T the same old Cardinals.

Talk about having a hissy fit for relatively nothing - you'd think the NFL just crapped on people's heads...

Nice to hear a voice of reason Cheesy. You and I don't agree on much, but I also am mystified about all the whining and crying for something that could send notice to the NFL world that the Cards are for real. And you are right. If we can't beat the Niners no matter where we play them, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Travel = not sleeping at home, using facilities that you are used to, etc.

Therefore travel != home game.

I didn't say it was equivalent to a home game, but only that we'd have homefield advantage. And last time I checked, San Fran was further from Axteca stadium than Phoenix.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
red desert said:
I didn't say it was equivalent to a home game, but only that we'd have homefield advantage. And last time I checked, San Fran was further from Axteca stadium than Phoenix.

:D

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Says the guy who doesn't attend 8 home games a year......

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

You were gonna watch it on tv wearing a brown shirt anyway, so it doesn't affect you. :D

I'd be okay with a preseason game going to Mexico, or even a regular season game that was out of the division, possibly...but to take a divisional game away from the fans?! Each year we get one shot at the fans from the other teams in our division. We're new to the NFC West and we're trying to build rivalries with the other teams. We season ticket holders look forward to the divisional games we host. Excuuuuuuuuuuuse us. :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
You were gonna watch it on tv wearing a brown shirt anyway, so it doesn't affect you. :D

I'd be okay with a preseason game going to Mexico, or even a regular season game that was out of the division, possibly...but to take a divisional game away from the fans?! Each year we get one shot at the fans from the other teams in our division. We're new to the NFC West and we're trying to build rivalries with the other teams. We season ticket holders look forward to the divisional games we host. Excuuuuuuuuuuuse us. :rolleyes:

you're excused - now if you're done bitching and moaning, I believe we can start going back to singing the praises of the Bidwills for the best offseason we've ever had.

And starting a rivalry with the Niners, who absolutely stink right now? That's just stupid - rivalries are built by playing games that mean something, but being Cardinal fans, we wouldn't really understand that - hell, most of the people here thought the Cowboys were our "rival" when in reality they didn't give a crap about us.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
And starting a rivalry with the Niners, who absolutely stink right now? That's just stupid - rivalries are built by playing games that mean something, but being Cardinal fans, we wouldn't really understand that - hell, most of the people here thought the Cowboys were our "rival" when in reality they didn't give a crap about us.

That's what I keep telling you Suns fans. :rolleyes:

:D

:lakerbim:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
seesred said:
I've checked airlines . With america west it's $385 round trip. If you left on the 1st a saturday and came home on Monday. There are many inexpensive hotels. I think I'll find out where the team plans to stay and hook up a room there if I can.

I know I spell poorly but lack the ability to hit the right keys all the time. I'm sorry about that. That being said Who wants to go..

Please e-mail me at [email protected].

GBR

Road trip

$465 from chicago for all us Midwest fans. I as of right now would proabaly go. Have to run it by my son first. We always take a trip somewhere to see a game.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I'm a season ticket holder. I have no problem with watching the game on TV. SDS is a dump and it means one less game I have to pay for in that place.

Open the new stadium already!

:cheers:

I usually miss one game a year, so this will be that game. No biggie.

Didn't some teams open in Japan last year? Same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05