Plumlee might be another Mcdonough steal

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okafor makes $4 million more per year than Tim Duncan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As for Plumlee... rough night tonight. Seems we can hold off on engraving his MVP trophy, but his Most Improved award should be shipping shortly.
How about just a "Thank goodness we have Plumlee to cover for Len's ankles leaving us without a functioning high draft pick" award.

Despite an anticipated bad game now and then, imaging if we didn't have Plumlee to start at Center. When he went out with 2 fouls against the Thunder, who replaced him at Center? Markieff Morris. If Morris were our starting Center, we'd be lucky to win 5 games all year. In the Pac 12. Now that's tanking!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe a couple of useless expirings for a useful one in Okafor plus a pick, or something like that.

But Okafor isn't useful. In the unlikely event that he manages to get healthy for a week, he'll just be hurt the next week.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you predicting that Okafor will have a better year than Gortat this year? We are talking about this year, right?

I think his point is that IF Okafor can get healthy, then he is a better player than Gortat. Here's hoping that med team can work some magic. Of course its a long shot.

The flip side of that is that it might be presumptuous to think that the Wizards can make the playoffs this year with Gortat, if they missed last year with Okafor.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think his point is that IF Okafor can get healthy, then he is a better player than Gortat. Here's hoping that med team can work some magic. Of course its a long shot.

The flip side of that is that it might be presumptuous to think that the Wizards can make the playoffs this year with Gortat, if they missed last year with Okafor.

The Wizards problem last year was John Wall's health. When he was on the court they were a .500 team, and without him they went 5-28. They've started off poorly right now (mostly because Beal is off to a horrifying start) but I still think they are a playoff quality squad in the lousy East if they can stay healthy.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a really long shot, because Okafor isn't working with the Suns med team. He's rehabbing in NY and has no interest in coming to Phoenix. The Suns med team agreed staying in NY was in his best interest, primarily because he didn't want to be here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a really long shot, because Okafor isn't working with the Suns med team. He's rehabbing in NY and has no interest in coming to Phoenix. The Suns med team agreed staying in NY was in his best interest, primarily because he didn't want to be here.

then he's an idiot of the highest order. you'd think a guy who was constantly injured and about to become a FA, would see the value of working with a medical staff that at this point, is basically magical.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
then he's an idiot of the highest order. you'd think a guy who was constantly injured and about to become a FA, would see the value of working with a medical staff that at this point, is basically magical.

He should be moving into one of their homes!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's why common assumption is the Suns will be wide open to offers for him at the trade deadline. How much can you get for $14 million expiring contract injured player who may or may not be willing to go at playoff time? I suspect his readiness will have a lot to do with who might be interested in him. For example, I doubt he will go Willis Reed if the Bucks are interested.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's why common assumption is the Suns will be wide open to offers for him at the trade deadline. How much can you get for $14 million expiring contract injured player who may or may not be willing to go at playoff time? I suspect his readiness will have a lot to do with who might be interested in him. For example, I doubt he will go Willis Reed if the Bucks are interested.

He's worth more as an expiring to us than anything we would get for him just as an expiring.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He's worth more as an expiring to us than anything we would get for him just as an expiring.

You know, that's a really good point. Keeping him and letting his contract expire basically gives them an ability to go after a near-max free agent (or a HUGE flexibility in potential trades.)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But there's no one worth $14 million on the free agent market. At least not anyone who would sign with the Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But there's no one worth $14 million on the free agent market. At least not anyone who would sign with the Suns.

We will see when the time comes. That space can enable us to absorb a lop-sided trade, package picks for players, or sign free agents.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Jesus what a clown for the exact reason Cheese states above. **** Okafor.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We will see when the time comes. That space can enable us to absorb a lop-sided trade, package picks for players, or sign free agents.

Yup. I keep saying it. KEVIN LOVE lets do this trade time baby!

Kevin Love, Bledsoe, Wiggins/Gordon/Randle and THAT team is going places.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that we'd get KLove in a scenario that does not involve us giving up our draft pick.

That being said, that's still worth considering.

Dragic
Bledsoe
Morris
Love
Plumlee

Sounds enticing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate to say it. But I am beginning to think Dragic is expendable. I was never in favor of this before.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Thinking about this some more... would you guys do this trade:

Kevin Love
Derrick Williams

Okafor
Markieff Morris
2014 Suns pick
2014 Pacers pick
2015 Lakers pick

Minnesota gets out of 2 more years of Derrick Williams (5 million a season) and gets a better prospect in Morris plus a couple juicy picks (2014 suns, 2015 lakers).

Phoenix gets a top 15 (top 10?) player already locked in that is still relatively young.

Who says no?

Probably Minnesota. If they had another big contract they would want to get rid of we could absorb more but the only other bigish contract they have is Pekovic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kevin Love
Derrick Williams

Okafor
Markieff Morris
2014 Suns pick
2014 Pacers pick
2015 Lakers pick

Minnesota gets out of 2 more years of Derrick Williams (5 million a season) and gets a better prospect in Morris plus a couple juicy picks (2014 suns, 2015 lakers).

Phoenix gets a top 15 (top 10?) player already locked in that is still relatively young.

Who says no?

Probably Minnesota. If they had another big contract they would want to get rid of we could absorb more but the only other bigish contract they have is Pekovic.

Minnesota is playing very well right now. They have been a cellar dweller for years. I doubt they would make a trade to put them back in rebuilding mode. The only way this has a prayer is if Love demands a trade.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Kevin Love
Derrick Williams

Okafor
Markieff Morris
2014 Suns pick
2014 Pacers pick
2015 Lakers pick

No. The Suns are still a long way from contending, and Love may not have that many more good years left before his knees start breaking down for real. It would be a "win now" trade for the Suns, but they aren't in a position to win now.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with Kevin Love's injury history but I was not under the impression he was damaged goods. He's still only 25, not much older than Bledsoe, so I was operating as if this was a build for the future trade, as opposed to 'win now'.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with Kevin Love's injury history but I was not under the impression he was damaged goods. He's still only 25, not much older than Bledsoe, so I was operating as if this was a build for the future trade, as opposed to 'win now'.

He's missed an average of 30 games per season over the past four years. Not an encouraging sign.

Edit: Oops, I forgot about the lockout year, so it's more like 25 per. But still.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake